News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

dreday3

Can you still "rope-drop" Frontierland over near Haunted Mansion so you can scoot on over to Splash at real opening and beat the rush?

(I think the rope-drop was near Columbia Harbor House, I remember doing this in 2014 with early entry and we got Small World, Peter Pan, Space, Splash, Pirates and Thunder Mountain all done before 10 am)

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Can you still "rope-drop" Frontierland over near Haunted Mansion so you can scoot on over to Splash at real opening and beat the rush?

(I think the rope-drop was near Columbia Harbor House, I remember doing this in 2014 with early entry)
I have no idea. This week crowds are low and 7d has the last longest wait. Splash has been 45 or less all day.

dreday3

I have no idea. This week crowds are low and 7d has the last longest wait. Splash has been 45 or less all day.

Thanks! I'll find out when we get there. :)

I think our plan of attack will be Peter Pan and Small World if we can get both done in the 30 minutes, then wait by the rope and get over to Frontierland/Adventureland and knock those out. Will try to do Genie + if available when we go for Space and Haunted Mansion.

Not sure about Mine Train. Will see how long lines are before Boo Bash starts and jump in line then, or just ride it at the party. Or rope-drop it our other MK day.

AK - I think honestly we will rope-drop the River Journey ride! :D I'm not all that interested in Flights of Passage, and Everest we can book using Genie +...Dinosaur never really has huge lines.

Looking forward to reading how everyone uses early entry to their advantage.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
So from a round up from the other parks, this is what I’ve heard.

At DHS, onsite guests were allowed in from 7:30am and then held at ropes until 8:30am. CMs walked them to rides from there. Not clear about where offsite guests were held.

At the IG, onsite guests were allowed in and held at Canada heading to FW until 10:30am. Offsite guests were being held outside the IG.

At AK, everyone was allowed in early (not sure how early the gates opened). Offsite guests were held before Oasis, onsite guests were scanned and allowed through.

DfromATX

mikejs78

Premium Member

At DHS, onsite guests were allowed in from 7:30am and then held at ropes until 8:30am. CMs walked them to rides from there. Not clear about where offsite guests were held.

At the IG, onsite guests were allowed in and held at Canada heading to FW until 10:30am. Offsite guests were being held outside the IG.

At AK, everyone was allowed in early (not sure how early the gates opened). Offsite guests were held before Oasis, onsite guests were scanned and allowed through.
What I'm curious about is what attractions people got on and how long they waited.

UNCgolf

What I'm curious about is what attractions people got on and how long they waited.

I'm not sure that info will be very useful yet, considering how empty the parks are in general right now.

It will be more interesting to see what it looks like in October when the parks and resorts will be slammed (at least I assume they will).

PolynesianPrincess

That's what I predicted for how early hours would go at HS. We have adjusted our plan to get there at 7:15-7:20ish.

nickys

Premium Member
A ride report from AK.

The group did FoP, Navii, EE and then Dino. They were scanned through the onsite guest checkpoint at 7:23 and went straight to FoP. By 8am they had finished and walked on to Navii. (That was at park opening). They the went to EE which was a walk on and by 9am they had ridden Dinosaur and were on their way to the Safari which had a short wait.

Not bad!

Ayla

On-site guests were held at IG because of MDE issues after 10:30.

Zipadeelady

We entered Epcot at 10:20 today and went towards test track. A line formed for Space 220 and a separate line for attractions. We were held until 10:30 then went to test track for a 10 minute wait. Then soarin for another 10 minute wait as park opened for regular guests.

We entered Epcot at 10:20 today and went towards test track. A line formed for Space 220 and a separate line for attractions. We were held until 10:30 then went to test track for a 10 minute wait. Then soarin for another 10 minute wait as park opened for regular guests.
Did you enter from the main entrance or IG?

aladdin2007

Epcot this morning was mayhem, the whole process is the most stupid move they have ever made, people were not happy. They are withholding mass crowds outside in the sun nowhere to sit, cast members stressed with complaints, incompetent management on hand, just horrible. I hope guest relations got deluged I have never seen it so bad. So no one can get in the park anymore till 11 on the dot. The public is not allowed in period, only hotel guests. So now even with a park reserve your kept out, why bother at all anymore, my family was outraged. Whos bright idea was this??

mikejs78

Premium Member
Epcot this morning was mayhem, the whole process is the most stupid move they have ever made, people were not happy. They are withholding mass crowds outside in the sun nowhere to sit, cast members stressed with complaints, incompetent management on hand, just horrible. I hope guest relations got deluged I have never seen it so bad. So no one can get in the park anymore till 11 on the dot. The public is not allowed in period, only hotel guests. So now even with a park reserve your kept out, why bother at all anymore, my family was outraged. Whos bright idea was this??
I mean, this is the way it was for years.

PolynesianPrincess

At MK They allowed guests in onto Main Street. Not sure how it works for the other parks but I'm sure it's the same as it previously was for morning EMH before the shut down. I know this was a spur of the moment thing, adding these EE hours before 10/1, but in the future it's going to be very well documented that resort guests can enter 30 minutes early. As far as keeping guests out til the exact time the park opens, I don't think they will. I know Epcot had major issues this morning. But MK, HS and AK all allowed guests into the park, they just held them at a checkpoint til park opening, exactly like morning EMH used to be.

Muffinpants

dont show up till after 11?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom