News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

SteveAZee

I'm not saying I like it, but I see a difference between exploiting a loophole dishonestly versus paying for something in order to access perks, even if not using the whole product one paid for.

The two situations are not exactly the same. Paying for a campsite but not staying there may impact others, but it's different than booking a room to access perks and then flat out not paying for the room.

Booking a campsite entitles one to a camping spot + whatever perks come with it. Just as one doesn't have to use perks such as early entry, nor are they required to actually sleep there.

I get that it would be taking away a cheap accommodation from someone who might require it in order to be able to afford to visit WDW, and the morality of that can be debated, but I don't see it as a black & white, right versus wrong scenario.

What if someone books a hotel stay but ends up somewhere else one night, because they made a new friend, *wink* *wink*, or something. I don't think it's Disney's place to check in on their guests and evict them from something they paid for.
It does kinda/sorta make an indirect point from another thread here about having the number of park perks commensurate with the cost of the resort. If there were zero perks (not saying I recommend this... it's just an example) for Ft. Wilderness spots, what's mentioned here wouldn't happen. Sliding scale of benefits to cost of accommodations ends up helping to eliminate this 'loophole'.

PolynesianPrincess

People would book a room in order to have early access to Dining reservations (X number of days out plus length of stay) and FastPass reservations (60 days out plus length of stay). Or whatever the exact details were. They would later cancel the room booking, for which there was no penalty. One could do this and keep their park reservations. They got a perk reserved for resort guests but at the end of the day paid $0 to get those perks.

That is different that what is being discussed here. Someone booking a campsite and paying for it, which includes the 30-minute early morning entry, and then using that EE perk but not actually staying at the campsite.

It's being suggested that this is a cheaper option to get on Rise of the Resistance in the morning via EE, as an alternative to paying for the upcharge lightning lane access.

The two scenarios are different because one involves using perks that are part of a room reservation that was cancelled. The perks are gained at zero cost to the customer. The second scenario (campground) is different because the guests are paying for it and taking advantage of the perk, even if not sleeping there.

It's not something I would do, but the campground approach is more clever than dishonest in my opinion. If one pays for it, they're entitled to that EE benefit. Some people see it more negatively because it's taking away a camping spot from someone who truly wants it.

I get it, but I don't like it. There's always loopholes or workarounds that people try and exploit. That's actually pretty sad that people feel the need to find work arounds to get the most bang for their Disney dollars! I remember when it didn't used to be like that and the perks equaled the price of staying there but I digress...

JAB

See I was told we got the Morning EMH but not the evening because we "arent on property" when staying at the Swan and Dolphin.
That's not correct; Swan and Dolphin do get both Early Entry and Extended Evening Hours.

Truly off-property guests don't any extra hours at all - morning or evening. They are only for only Disney-owned resorts and select group of non-Disney resorts (which includes the Swan & Dolphin), and the determining factor on if you get the evening hours or not is whether you're at a Deluxe-level hotel (even Disney-owned Value and Moderate resorts don't get the evening extra hours). It's already been confirmed that the Swan and Dolphin are considered Deluxe resorts for the purpose of this benefit, and do indeed qualify for Extended Evening Hours.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

UNCgolf

LittleBuford

Before the pandemic, you could stay on in the parks during evening EMH without being an eligible hotel guest—you just couldn’t get on any attractions. I assume that’ll remain the case going forward, unless they introduce wristbands or some other sort of identifier.

UNCgolf

Before the pandemic, you could stay on in the parks during evening EMH without being an eligible hotel guest—you just couldn’t get on any attractions. I assume that’ll remain the case going forward, unless they introduce wristbands or some other sort of identifier.

I assume that will still be the case just for logistical reasons. It's much easier than trying to go around and actually kick people out of the park.

JAB

I'm wondering how/if transportation will be set up to handle late-night park hopping for evening hours. For example... If we watch the fireworks at MK, and then decide to hop to Epcot for Extended Evening Hours, will there still be park-to-park transportation running, or will we have to do something like bus to Yacht Club and walk?

Touchdown

I'm wondering how/if transportation will be set up to handle late-night park hopping for evening hours. For example... If we watch the fireworks at MK, and then decide to hop to Epcot for Extended Evening Hours, will there still be park-to-park transportation running, or will we have to do something like bus to Yacht Club and walk?
If only there was a highway in the sky that could get you from MK to Epcot…

nickys

Premium Member
The monorail will still be running.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

How Early Theme Parks Entry works for Walt Disney World Resort hotels guests and those staying offsite​

Extra-Magic-Hours_Full_44320.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom