News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

PolynesianPrincess

Why not?

If someone pays for a campground they're entitled to the benefits that come with it.

This is different than making a reservation, using that reservation to get early access to Fastpass and dining bookings, and then cancelling.

I've seen similar questions asked where, for example, a couple is staying in a resort hotel. They want to add names of their friends to the reservation (who are staying elsewhere) so they can be included in EMH. It's within the rules because your hotel stay allows for up to X number of adults to be included and have access to the perks.

Is it really "gaming the system" if you're paying for something?

What happens if someone really wants to camp but they're all booked up? I'm sure if it does happen and gets out of control, Disney will put a stop to it. It's just people wanting all the extras Disney has to offer their resort guest without actually paying to be a resort guest. It's exactly the same as booking a room and then cancelling it after you pick your dining and FPs. You're finding loopholes in the system that work to your advantage and get you what you want. When it starts to affect actual onsite guests, then yes, it's a problem.

EDITED TO ADD: What would Disney rather have... $60 a night for a campsite with 10 people on it or $15 per person for 10 people for LL? Of course they would want the one that makes them more money, no matter how small the profit because it adds up. If those 10 people REALLY want those EMH, they would stay on property, and I can guarantee you it wouldn't be at a campsite. It would be at resort which is more money for Disney.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

What happens if someone really wants to camp but they're all booked up? I'm sure if it does happen and gets out of control, Disney will put a stop to it. It's just people wanting all the extras Disney has to offer their resort guest without actually paying to be a resort guest. It's exactly the same as booking a room and then cancelling it after you pick your dining and FPs. You're finding loopholes in the system that work to your advantage and get you what you want. When it starts to affect actual onsite guests, then yes, it's a problem.

EDITED TO ADD: What would Disney rather have... $60 a night for a campsite with 10 people on it or $15 per person for 10 people for LL? Of course they would want the one that makes them more money, no matter how small the profit because it adds up. If those 10 people REALLY want those EMH, they would stay on property, and I can guarantee you it wouldn't be at a campsite. It would be at resort which is more money for Disney.

I'm not saying I like it, but I see a difference between exploiting a loophole dishonestly versus paying for something in order to access perks, even if not using the whole product one paid for.

The two situations are not exactly the same. Paying for a campsite but not staying there may impact others, but it's different than booking a room to access perks and then flat out not paying for the room.

Booking a campsite entitles one to a camping spot + whatever perks come with it. Just as one doesn't have to use perks such as early entry, nor are they required to actually sleep there.

I get that it would be taking away a cheap accommodation from someone who might require it in order to be able to afford to visit WDW, and the morality of that can be debated, but I don't see it as a black & white, right versus wrong scenario.

What if someone books a hotel stay but ends up somewhere else one night, because they made a new friend, *wink* *wink*, or something. I don't think it's Disney's place to check in on their guests and evict them from something they paid for.

Zipadeelady

You are the Magic!
I think that's a compliment so I'm taking it!

Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media

aliceismad

I'm not saying I like it, but I see a difference between exploiting a loophole dishonestly versus paying for something in order to access perks, even if not using the whole product one paid for.

The two situations are not exactly the same. Paying for a campsite but not staying there may impact others, but it's different than booking a room to access perks and then flat out not paying for the room.
It sucks that it could limit capacity for people who actually want to stay at the campsites, but from a company perspective they're still paying.

Honestly if I'm gonna stay offsite and pay for a campsite, I might as well just stay onsite. Maybe the loophole would be more used by locals though?

Zipadeelady

I'm confused. How can you book a room, access the perks but not pay for a room. Just asking for a friend :cautious:

I'm kidding, but still don't see how that can be done.

Wendy Pleakley

I'm confused. How can you book a room, access the perks but not pay for a room. Just asking for a friend :cautious:

I'm kidding, but still don't see how that can be done.

People would book a room in order to have early access to Dining reservations (X number of days out plus length of stay) and FastPass reservations (60 days out plus length of stay). Or whatever the exact details were. They would later cancel the room booking, for which there was no penalty. One could do this and keep their park reservations. They got a perk reserved for resort guests but at the end of the day paid $0 to get those perks.

That is different that what is being discussed here. Someone booking a campsite and paying for it, which includes the 30-minute early morning entry, and then using that EE perk but not actually staying at the campsite.

It's being suggested that this is a cheaper option to get on Rise of the Resistance in the morning via EE, as an alternative to paying for the upcharge lightning lane access.

The two scenarios are different because one involves using perks that are part of a room reservation that was cancelled. The perks are gained at zero cost to the customer. The second scenario (campground) is different because the guests are paying for it and taking advantage of the perk, even if not sleeping there.

It's not something I would do, but the campground approach is more clever than dishonest in my opinion. If one pays for it, they're entitled to that EE benefit. Some people see it more negatively because it's taking away a camping spot from someone who truly wants it.

Zipadeelady

That is different that what is being discussed here. Someone booking a campsite and paying for it, which includes the 30-minute early morning entry, and then using that EE perk but not actually staying at the campsite.

It's being suggested that this is a cheaper option to get on Rise of the Resistance in the morning via EE, as an alternative to paying for the upcharge lightning lane access.

The two scenarios are different because one involves using perks that are part of a room reservation that was cancelled. The perks are gained at zero cost to the customer. The second scenario (campground) is different because the guests are paying for it and taking advantage of the perk, even if not sleeping there.

It's not something I would do, but the campground approach is more clever than dishonest in my opinion. If one pays for it, they're entitled to that EE benefit. Some peoples it's taking away a camping spot from someone

I get what you're saying. Thank you for explaining.

nickys

Premium Member
Will be giving this a try Tuesday and Wednesday next week. We're hitting HS Tuesday so at least this will give us a small head start over off-site guests.

Do we know if it will be the same way as previous early entry? I guess a separate area for resort guests to enter and then off-site guests in a different area? I haven't done morning EMH ever I don't think so I'm not sure how the process goes.
This is the wording of the email that some resort guests got (my bolded part):

We are so excited to welcome you for your upcoming stay!

Soon, Guests who stay in the magic at a Disney Resort hotel can enjoy 30 minutes early entry to any Walt Disney World® Theme Park every day as part of the dazzling Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration.

We’re excited to share that we will be offering a soft opening of this new benefit during your stay. Beginning September 26th, you will have the opportunity to enjoy 30 minutes early entry to any Walt Disney WorldTheme Park. That’s more time for enchantment at Magic Kingdom® Park. More excitement at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. More adventure at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. More possibilities at EPCOT®. It’s a great way to jump-start your Disney day, no matter the day!

Once you’ve arrived at the main entrance of your desired theme park, be sure to look for the “Early Entry for Participating Hotels” signage to enter the park.

A Park reservation and valid ticket or pass for the same Park on the same date and valid Resort ID are required.

So yes, just like the old EMH.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom