News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

Patcheslee

Bringing up Brightline in this thread makes no sense at all and I am constantly perplexed as to why anyone does so. Brightline once it is running will not be a viable means from getting from MCO to a WDW resort. The value of the Brightline stop at WDW is for people coming from out of the area (e.g. Miami) to take the train and go directly to WDW. There's multiple other choices for going from MCO to WDW that would work better than Brightline for someone flying into MCO.
For land/sea cruises going out of Miami it might make things easier. I thought a Port Canaveral area station would have made sense.

tanc

Bringing up Brightline in this thread makes no sense at all and I am constantly perplexed as to why anyone does so. Brightline once it is running will not be a viable means from getting from MCO to a WDW resort. The value of the Brightline stop at WDW is for people coming from out of the area (e.g. Miami) to take the train and go directly to WDW. There's multiple other choices for going from MCO to WDW that would work better than Brightline for someone flying into MCO.
I mean, it's going to be an option whether we like it or not. I hate the idea just as much as anyone else but Disney has made it clear that it will be an alternative.

UNCgolf

I mean, it's going to be an option whether we like it or not. I hate the idea just as much as anyone else but Disney has made it clear that it will be an alternative.

I don't think he was suggesting it's not an option; just that it's not an option that will make sense for the vast majority of travelers. Walking from the airport to Disney is an option too but nobody does it.

(yes, that's hyperbole, but there will be a lot of downsides to using the train and very few upsides)

Last edited:

Ayla

It isn't an alternative and people need to stop thinking it will be.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Says temporarily unavailable......So the Minnie Vans did airport service prior to shutdown, and it does mention you can check your luggage prior upon leaving.....doesn't mention delivery from airport so assume you had to obtain yours first.....so will be curious if this resumes and the price/luggage arrangement. Would consider IF the luggage was tagged to your resort as it was before with ME. Guess we shall see....for that price they should have an advantage over the Mears shuttles.....if not why pay more?!?!?:angelic:

Ayla

Says temporarily unavailable......So the Minnie Vans did airport service prior to shutdown, and it does mention you can check your luggage prior upon leaving.....doesn't mention delivery from airport so assume you had to obtain yours first.....so will be curious if this resumes and the price/luggage arrangement. Would consider IF the luggage was tagged to your resort as it was before with ME. Guess we shall see....for that price they should have an advantage over the Mears shuttles.....if not why pay more?!?!?:angelic:
You used to be able to check your luggage at your Disney resort on the day of departure. Pretty sure that ended with covid and never came back.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
You used to be able to check your luggage at your Disney resort on the day of departure. Pretty sure that ended with covid and never came back.
I would assume so too....but since they shut down the Minnie Van service for so long.....who knows.....just wishing I suppose. That would require another driver to take stuff to airport. And since they aren't doing the ME the volume wouldn't justify it imho. So I guess now you would have to add more time to check your luggage going home.

jinx8402

They just haven't updated that page to remove the Luggage service verbiage. Remember, airline check-in was a separate service from the Magical Express. You did not need to take Magical Express to use the RAC service. The only way Minnie Vans will have that service is if Disney decides to bring back that service for all guests.

Ayla

I would assume so too....but since they shut down the Minnie Van service for so long.....who knows.....just wishing I suppose. That would require another driver to take stuff to airport. And since they aren't doing the ME the volume wouldn't justify it imho. So I guess now you would have to add more time to check your luggage going home.
It was run by a third party, Bags, Inc.

Weather_Lady

I don't know, but people were paying more for the Minnie Van service even before it got shut down, even when DME was still operating.

I confess, I've never understood the appeal of Minnie Vans. People were paying limo-level pricing just for a car with dots on it. When it comes to Disney though, people's math gets weird. Happens to everybody, so no judgment...

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know, but people were paying more for the Minnie Van service even before it got shut down, even when DME was still operating.

I confess, I've never understood the appeal of Minnie Vans. People were paying limo-level pricing just for a car with dots on it. When it comes to Disney though, people's math gets weird. Happens to everybody, so no judgment...
When your Uber driver shows up in a car that's barely staying in one piece, the Minnie Vans look more attractive.

But they're still to expensive for stingy me. I'll continue to roll the dice with ride-share...

lewisc

I don't know, but people were paying more for it even before it got shut down, even when DME was still operating.

I confess, I've never understood the appeal of Minnie Vans. People were paying limo-level pricing just for a car with dots on it. When it comes to Disney, people's math gets weird. Happens to everybody, though, so no judgment...
The initial pricing was more reasonable. Minnie Vans guaranteed 2 car seats. Biggest advantage. Minnie Vans dropped off and picked up at THE MK and not the TTC. Another plus.

Otherwise the service appeals to guests who are willing to pay a premium for Disney branding and Disney driving

Goofyernmost

It isn't an alternative and people need to stop thinking it will be.
It will be if you don't mind dragging your luggage to the train and then when you get to WDW (Disney Springs) you drag your luggage to the bus stops and find the bus that will take you to your resort or pay for some other transportation from there. Doesn't seem like something I would want to do.

Ayla

It will be if you don't mind dragging your luggage to the train and then when you get to WDW (Disney Springs) you drag your luggage to the bus stops and find the bus that will take you to your resort or pay for some other transportation from there. Doesn't seem like something I would want to do.
Luggage isn't allowed on Disney transportation, so you're either walking to your resort or taking a cab/uber/lyft from DS when you could have just taken an uber from the airport directly to your resort.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The initial pricing was more reasonable. Minnie Vans guaranteed 2 car seats. Biggest advantage. Minnie Vans dropped off and picked up at THE MK and not the TTC. Another plus.

Otherwise the service appeals to guests who are willing to pay a premium for Disney branding and Disney driving

just a suggestion next time get dropped off at the Contemporary and walk over or better yet in that parking lot area to save some walking.

JoeCamel

Luggage isn't allowed on Disney transportation, so you're either walking to your resort or taking a cab/uber/lyft from DS when you could have just taken an uber from the airport directly to your resort.
If luggage isn't allowed on the transportation what are they called those kind of Conestoga wagons and sherpa packs people dragged to the parks?
I could live for a month out of what they take in there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom