Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

jrhwdw

It was better than nothing. Usually, majority of people caught the first OUAT, Fireworks then leave.

2nd parade showing was dead unless you where near the hub/Main. People caught that then left.
Don't forget OUAT was the replacement for CTM. Don't get me wrong, they were nice shows but, I do wonder if Magic, Memories And You/Celebrate The Magic really kept guests in MK of if MSEP/Wishes did all the work?

You want people to stay/look forward to OUAT? Give it TDL's OUAT Pyro Package! That'll make an impression! I'ver saying that since MK opened the watered down (compared to TDL) OUAT!

Kind of weird this thread is still ongoing since it was supposed to be a COVID safe F! coming Feb and here we are, May 3rd and we still don't have any good night news! Not even good rumors!

Like that MRFF might come back this summer! Is that the only thing to look forward too after FOTLK?

TTA94

Kind of weird this thread is still ongoing since it was supposed to be a COVID safe F! coming Feb and here we are, May 3rd and we still don't have any good night news! Not even good rumors!

Like that MRFF might come back this summer! Is that the only thing to look forward too after FOTLK?

Sounds like things are, were, maybe still are in motion. We will know about pyro shows once testing begins. Epcot hasn’t tested since about 2 months ago. MK has recently tested the castle moat lights.

jrhwdw

Sounds like things are, were, maybe still are in motion. We will know about pyro shows once testing begins. Epcot hasn’t tested since about 2 months ago. MK has recently tested the castle moat lights.
You would think Harm would be test heavy. Maybe we're not close enough yet? IF MK somehow Miraculously returns HEA before the 50th IDK how much testing needs to be done It's too early for the 50th Tag if we're seeing HEA before the 50th.......We need a Miracle, I know!

gerarar

Premium Member
Another update and a flurry of activity at the amphitheater:
  • (old) Front row bleachers still removed, third barge still mia, etc.
  • (old) Seating area continually being cleaned with yellow hose.
  • Track work is continuing along. Now towards the front facing the audience.
  • New concrete work happening backstage. I wonder if they’re installing something with it.

Track work:
B6A589D6-0C44-4141-A397-303976393738.jpeg

Concrete work backstage (also a 5th dumpster is now present!)
4D1D5740-B774-4D1C-981A-AE3765BBB433.jpeg

This is what it looked like back in April; clearly nothing was there previously which leads me to believe they’re installing something there.
18730E7B-9686-497E-A0AC-29724AF78A0B.jpeg

Full-res photos here:

gerarar

Premium Member
Look at the lighting rig. What do you see? :)
Forgive me but I give up.
Ahh, after 10 minutes of staring at it I finally see it!!
Seems like the entire lighting system on the supports above the audience that encompasses the entire amphitheater is gone.

(Top: Today/May, Bottom: March)
19DCA60F-DC3C-4E68-B4DD-3E07B5F2C53C.jpeg

Looking back in the April aerials the lighting system was also gone. So sometime around March/April the entire system was removed.

Movielover

So hopefully this means all of the lighting fixtures are being cleaned/fixed. Even if they don't add any new lighting the show will look 100% better when it returns.

TransportationGuy

F! Will likely be needing a new lighting package to support a modified show from what we had pre-COVID. While I’m not certain of the exact details, the show will be different when it returns

gerarar

Premium Member
Hope some work was done on the lasers. Sad to see when only one of three or even none worked during the finale.

iirc someone said it was a manufacturer problem and dependent on them to fix it.

jrhwdw

Hope some work was done on the lasers. Sad to see when only one of three or even none worked during the finale.

iirc someone said it was a manufacturer problem and dependent on them to fix it.
I don't recall anything glaring from YT right before March 2020
Has the manufacturer been called DHS yet I wonder?

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't recall anything glaring from YT right before March 2020
Has the manufacturer been called DHS yet I wonder?
None of them were working March 2020. There’s multiple livestreams and recordings showing this. I saw it live December 2019 and only the middle one was working:
45B366E2-5622-434E-8102-44E64D1EDFDD.png

rescue_ranger

I have no insider knowledge at all but given our announcements from yesterday, it has me curious the timeline on F!’s return. I hate to be this optimistic but from all the work taking place, I’m wondering if we could see a refurb similar to what DLR saw a few years back? Clearly there would be no pirate scene and I’m doubting the addition of Aladdin but the work does seem pretty extensive overall and would be a perfect (cheapER) addition for the 50th given so many other things were delayed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom