'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Little Mermaid was equity but only had 1 equity performer. They could still end up with a much smaller equity cast.

I do think that Disney wants more shows they run constantly so it may be they are wanting to simplify and shorten the show for that reason. That I would be all for since it means that more guests could see the show and not have to plan around a few showtimes.
Did you read the quote from Equity? The new show will be an "exclusively Equity contract" meaning everyone in the show will be a member of the union. I do think the new cast will be a bit smaller and the show a bit shorter, but everyone in it will be members of Equity, unlike Mermaid and BatB, which were not exclusively Equity contracts (at Mermaid it was only Ariel, at BatB it was Belle, Gaston, and the dancers).

“‘Finding Nemo — The Musical’ has been a 100% Equity-contracted entertainment since it opened in 2007, showcasing the unique talents of our members, and Walt Disney World has indicated that the new entertainment will continue exclusively on an Equity contract,” Russell Lehrer, assistant eastern regional director of Actors Equity Association, said in a released statement Tuesday.

TrainsOfDisney

Did you read the quote from Equity? The new show will be an "exclusively Equity contract" meaning everyone in the show will be a member of the union. I do think the new cast will be a bit smaller and the show a bit shorter, but everyone in it will be members of Equity, unlike Mermaid and BatB, which were not exclusively Equity contracts (at Mermaid it was only Ariel, at BatB it was Belle, Gaston, and the dancers).

“‘Finding Nemo — The Musical’ has been a 100% Equity-contracted entertainment since it opened in 2007, showcasing the unique talents of our members, and Walt Disney World has indicated that the new entertainment will continue exclusively on an Equity contract,” Russell Lehrer, assistant eastern regional director of Actors Equity Association, said in a released statement Tuesday.
True, if that statement is the gospel truth it does sound more promising than I expected. If they can simplify the show and run it virtually all day like Lion King I think that can be a win for the park guests.

MrPromey

I kinda feel like this day has passed.
I don't disagree but they have yet to admit it.

Unlike California Adventure that got a full and proper re-do (but is also slightly muddled), it feels like we will see this continue to slowly devolve into "everything we decided not to put in the MK", just like Epcot.

TrainsOfDisney

I don't disagree but they have yet to admit it.

Unlike California Adventure that got a full and proper re-do (but is also slightly muddled), it feels like we will see this continue to slowly devolve into "everything we decided not to put in the MK", just like Epcot.
Management just looks at where things can go quickly and cheaply, rather than looking at the big picture.

A Nemo musical show could go well at Epcot, there is no sit down musical show at the park, and that could draw guests towards that back corner of future world.

Likewise, a little mermaid show would go well at Magic Kingdom.

Also... a live muppet atmosphere performance would go well by muppet visoon.

TikibirdLand

But he got it 100% correct. Disney is ending Finding Nemo - The Musical exactly as he said they were and they are replacing it with a completely new show called Finding Nemo - The Musical.
Of course I have no inside knowledge -- and neither do most responding to this thread -- on the details. But, Disney's announcement of the Musical returning reads a whole lot like a quick change of course, frankly. They've had at least a year now to figure out what they were going to do with this show; the new one isn't planned until sometime in the nebulous '2022'. Sounds a lot like the rash decision of Splash. So, I'd say that the site that will not be named had it right when they got the info. They just may not have been privy of the change in course coming from the back office.

I've seen a lot of insiders here get info wrong. WRT to whether they admit it or not; I'm not sure that's consistent either.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Of course I have no inside knowledge -- and neither do most responding to this thread -- on the details. But, Disney's announcement of the Musical returning reads a whole lot like a quick change of course, frankly. They've had at least a year now to figure out what they were going to do with this show; the new one isn't planned until sometime in the nebulous '2022'. Sounds a lot like the rash decision of Splash. So, I'd say that the site that will not be named had it right when they got the info. They just may not have been privy of the change in course coming from the back office.

I've seen a lot of insiders here get info wrong. WRT to whether they admit it or not; I'm not sure that's consistent either.
Whether he was correct or not doesn’t make him any less of a jerk for posting it when the cast hadn’t been notified yet. Most of the cast found out via a blogger because he felt the need to be “first,” rather than be respectful of the people being affected by this.

TrainsOfDisney

Whether he was correct or not doesn’t make him any less of a jerk for posting it when the cast hadn’t been notified yet. Most of the cast found out via a blogger because he felt the need to be “first,” rather than be respectful of the people being affected by this.
Eh... my understanding is entertainment CM’s often hear about these things from another source first. It’s been 18 months since a performance of this show... they should have said goodbye and moved on by now anyways.

I’m not trying to sound heartless... just realistic.

I don’t really get all the hate for “that other site” so maybe that’s part of it.

Phil12

I'd like to see them do a new show with an an environmental theme. Point out the dangers of climate change by combining elements of Nemo with Frozen. Such as "Nemo on Ice: The Ocean that will not thaw!". They could just have Nemo in a huge glacier.

Dear Prudence

I know people who have been in this show--It has been AEA since it opened in 2007. So were Frozen and Aladdin and Maic Map, etc. Voices of Liberty is also Equity. I don't know if they still require (or ever did) both AEA and AGVA, though.

TrainsOfDisney

I know people who have been in this show--It has been AEA since it opened in 2007. So were Frozen and Aladdin and Maic Map, etc. Voices of Liberty is also Equity. I don't know if they still require (or ever did) both AEA and AGVA, though.
Other equity roles - MK castle show, Indiana Jones, Frozen Sing Along, Citizens of Main Street, Citizens of Hollywood, Dapper Dans, Hoop Dee Doo, guide in flights of wonder, festival of lion king, epcot holiday storytellers, beauty and the beast, voyage of little mermaid, turtle talk, monsters laugh floor....

I’m sure I’m missing a few as well.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"According to BlogMickey.com sources, the new show will be titled “Finding Nemo: The Big Blue…and Beyond!” and it will replace the former show titled “Finding Nemo: The Musical”. The show will still be presented at the Theater in the Wild and the updated show will feature new story material as well as fan-favorite songs such as “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.”"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom