'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If half the castle more is out sick, it's not ridiculous. These are the times we live in.
If that is the case, no, it's not ridiculous. But it's not confirmed, and I always assume the worst. :) (That way I always get either a pleasant surprise or a "better than nothing.")
I didn’t care for FotLK, which I know puts me in the minority, but there you go.
I'm with you there on that one. I appreciate it, though, as I realize it is a solid experience. Just not my style of show. It is nice to see someone else see it similarly.
Anyway, this new version is…FINE. I didn’t hate it. Didn’t love it, but I’m glad it’s there instead of not.
Precisely what I was jumbling on about.
But someone used the word truncated to describe it, and that is definitely the word I would use. I doubt the average guest would notice though, so…it is what it is.
This is the sad part about many changes at Walt Disney World... Average Guest Expectations vs. the What Could Be.
I'm going to sound stupid.... VoL? Voyage of Little Mermaid? or typo Festival of Lion King?

natatomic

If that is the case, no, it's not ridiculous. But it's not confirmed, and I always assume the worst. :) (That way I always get either a pleasant surprise or a "better than nothing.")

I'm with you there on that one. I appreciate it, though, as I realize it is a solid experience. Just not my style of show. It is nice to see someone else see it similarly.

Precisely what I was jumbling on about.

This is the sad part about many changes at Walt Disney World... Average Guest Expectations vs. the What Could Be.

I'm going to sound stupid.... VoL? Voyage of Little Mermaid? or typo Festival of Lion King?
Voices of Liberty

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bookmark it. ;)

WondersOfLife

Bookmark it. ;)

I know most! That one threw me in for a loop! lol. I've seen it used before, but hardly.

Last edited:

discos

My understanding is 6 shows requires 2 casts.
I think you're right. As per the 2017 Equity agreement (which is the most recent one that's publicly available online, 6 shows would definitely require 2 casts. For the 40 min show, it was a max of 4 shows per day and a total of 15 performances a week, but not for everyone.
The actual Equity contract says....
(2) Maximum Performance Day for performers in the roles of Marlin, Dory and Nemo shall be 3 – Show Value = 2.6 per performance. (3) Performers in the tracks that include the roles of Bruce, Anchor and Chum may perform only one 4-show day in a performance week.
(4) Maximum Performance Week for performers in the roles of Marlin, Dory and Nemo shall be 13

Since the show has been shortened to 25 mins, we could go with the Festival of the Lion King guide which is also 4 shows max per day but a max of 20 shows per week. The removal of show times this week is most likely being done so the performers don't go over their max performance allowed per week. That way the show can still be performed every day while the cast members recover.

WondersOfLife

I think you're right. As per the 2017 Equity agreement (which is the most recent one that's publicly available online, 6 shows would definitely require 2 casts. For the 40 min show, it was a max of 4 shows per day and a total of 15 performances a week, but not for everyone.
The actual Equity contract says....
(2) Maximum Performance Day for performers in the roles of Marlin, Dory and Nemo shall be 3 – Show Value = 2.6 per performance. (3) Performers in the tracks that include the roles of Bruce, Anchor and Chum may perform only one 4-show day in a performance week.
(4) Maximum Performance Week for performers in the roles of Marlin, Dory and Nemo shall be 13

Since the show has been shortened to 25 mins, we could go with the Festival of the Lion King guide which is also 4 shows max per day but a max of 20 shows per week. The removal of show times this week is most likely being done so the performers don't go over their max performance allowed per week. That way the show can still be performed every day while the cast members recover.
As someone who watched 8 shows back to back, I can attest to this.

It would not be the SAME cast every two shows though, for the record. One Nemo might be played but a different Nemo in the second show but the crush actor would be the same for both. It was interesting to watch different combos.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has removed the 10:30 and 4:30 showtimes through Monday, June 27th.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 1.00.51 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure the point of this comment. Shows have been down because of staffing and cast injury. They haven’t been wanting to cancel shows just because. Now they can properly staff again it seems.
When shows were cut, some immediately blamed budge cuts. ;)

WondersOfLife

Finally got to see this in person... It's just about as bad as I could expect. They took out a lot of the spectacle, puppetry, and cut the cast by like half. I knew something was fishy (no pun intended).

Adding a narrator is the laziest way to convey a story in the realm of entertainment. What really sucks is the narration parts don't even explain the plot very well. It's just song to song to song.

I felt like it was "Nemo: The Whiplash Experience." My wife agrees that it feels like the actors are literally racing for the show to end. It sucks. And on top of that, if you have never seen the movie, the show wouldn't make hardly any sense.

The original was 10X better. The OG was the best Broadway style musical on WDW property for sure. Very upset with this change. It sucks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure the point of this comment. Shows have been down because of staffing and cast injury. They haven’t been wanting to cancel shows just because. Now they can properly staff again it seems.

When shows were cut, some immediately blamed budge cuts. ;)
Yep…all about “staffing”…what can Bob?…I mean Bob?…I mean Bob? Do?!!!

I heard universal had to close hulk on Saturday because they could find 3 dudes to run it…
And there’s no Secretary of the Interior because they can’t find anyone to take it did $17.50 an hour. Smokey the bear need a new Benz 👍🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom