'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

mm52200

That’s exactly how that works. Lol.
They said a swing that could cover “any role”.
The same person isn’t going to be covering every male/female track in the show.
Theme park shows will train people in a few different tracks but still there won’t be someone in a show like Nemo that can do every role. And not this early in the run.
Broadway shows will have swings who cover multiple ensemble tracks, but still not “every role”.
So just putting a little more nuance into the statement.

discos

Given that they just opened Monday and knowing how things work with AEA, I would bet money they haven’t rehearsed a full bench of understudies and swings yet.

In the pre-COVID times, they literally had a dozen people who could play each role that could be called in. That’s not the case again yet.
That sounds like that's the issue; they still don't have their subs for the show plus not enough performers were rehearsed as f/t & p/t company members in each role. I do know another Dory just had her opening debut today, so they also could be using the 10:30 and 4:30 slots to have some of the performers do put-ins/rehearsal on stage.

TrainsOfDisney

They said a swing that could cover “any role”.
The same person isn’t going to be covering every male/female track in the show.
Theme park shows will train people in a few different tracks but still there won’t be someone in a show like Nemo that can do every role. And not this early in the run.
Broadway shows will have swings who cover multiple ensemble tracks, but still not “every role”.
So just putting a little more nuance into the statement.
You’re nit-picking the phrasing. Obviously there wouldn’t be 1 individual who was a swing for every single role. I meant there would be “a swing” available who could cover ever role.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That sounds like that's the issue; they still don't have their subs for the show plus not enough performers were rehearsed as f/t & p/t company members in each role. I do know another Dory just had her opening debut today, so they also could be using the 10:30 and 4:30 slots to have some of the performers do put-ins/rehearsal on stage.
That particular Dory will only be around a short while (but should return). There’s a certain witchy sister she’ll be spending the spooky season with.

(Ironically enough, one of Dory’s other friends will also be spending the spooky season with another witchy sister.)

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

That particular Dory will only be around a short while
That reminds me... I do wish there were cast boards at Disney. These are professional equity actors and should be properly credited.

From the photos and videos I’ve seen I think the video screen takes the show a step back and actually distracts from the cool puppets in some scenes. That being said, the show looks very good and I’m glad it’s reopened.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Down to 2 performances today?

IMG_15C0F69216B7-1 2.jpeg

Magic Feather

Performances of the new Finding Nemo show at Disney's Animal Kingdom are being canceled​

Sickness/COVID hit this cast like a wrecking ball. A majority of actors for all principle roles are out of play at the moment. Everything is day by day waiting for their recovery, hence the delay in announcing daily cancellations.

Comped

If that's the case, then the two-show cancelation would make sense since EQUITY only allows performers to do a max of 4 shows per day.
Per Equity's agreement with WDW, this show could do 6 shows per day, not 4, because it shortened the show's length from 40 to 25 minutes.

natatomic

I saw the show Wednesday. As someone who doesn’t typically care for shows during theme park visits (aside from VoL), I always made sure to see this one. I didn’t care for FotLK, which I know puts me in the minority, but there you go.

Anyway, this new version is…FINE. I didn’t hate it. Didn’t love it, but I’m glad it’s there instead of not. But someone used the word truncated to describe it, and that is definitely the word I would use. I doubt the average guest would notice though, so…it is what it is.

And for what it’s worth, it was the 3:30 show, and it was packed to the brim. So I’d imagine staffing issues are the culprit for canceled shows. I know VoL has had some contingency shows this week too, and there are a handful of singers who do both shows (I can think of two off the top of my head).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom