'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A guess…

Because after 13 years of performances, a change makes sense.
That's not relevant for a Broadway-style show like Nemo... It's only relevant for cheaper shows like Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical could exist for practically forever and still maintain top-notch quality. That is how a good show works. Similar to the best classic attractions like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Shows perform on Broadway for decades like The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, and Chicago... I really hope this new show is as good as the OG, because if it isn't, that is REAAALLLYYYY going to suck.

peter11435

That's not relevant for a Broadway-style show like Nemo... It's only relevant for cheaper shows like Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical could exist for practically forever and still maintain top-notch quality. That is how a good show works. Similar to the best classic attractions like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Shows perform on Broadway for decades like The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, and Chicago... I really hope this new show is as good as the OG, because if it isn't, that is REAAALLLYYYY going to suck.
Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion have both received changes, updates, and enhancements over the years.

As has The Lion King on Broadway

mm52200

A guess…

Because after 13 years of performances, a change makes sense. This gives it an update while retaining most of the sets and costumes, so it accomplishes the goal of getting something somewhat fresh while spending less and writing less.
A cast half the size, with most of the set removed and effects taken out, and lots of other cuts being made but sure you tell yourself that it’s going to be an improvement!

TrainsOfDisney

Not really. Occasionally a major show on broadway does get a major rewrite, Billy Elliot for example. But that’s very unusual.

I’m not aware of any major rewrites the lion king has made. The biggest change I’m aware of in Disney Broadway shows is taking temper temper out of Mary Poppins and replacing it with playing the game.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Not really. Occasionally a major show on broadway does get a major rewrite, Billy Elliot for example. But that’s very unusual.

I’m not aware of any major rewrites the lion king has made. The biggest change I’m aware of in Disney Broadway shows is taking temper temper out of Mary Poppins and replacing it with playing the game.

The Lion King cut “The Morning Report” (Zazu’s song) about 5-6 years ago.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion have both received changes, updates, and enhancements over the years.

A cast half the size, with most of the set removed and effects taken out, and lots of other cuts being made but sure you tell yourself that it’s going to be an improvement!

Revivals are often a case to pare down a production.

I saw Sweeney Todd with Patti Lupone on Broadway. Only six performers. And they also played all the instruments. Patti played the tuba.

peter11435

Yes really. The show has seen some changes over the years. Not a major rewrite. But changes have been made.

yensidtlaw1969

In 2010 The Lion King on Broadway removed Zazu's song "The Morning Report", The Hyena's song "Chow Down", the extended dance sequence in "Can You Feel The Love Tonight", a portion of "The Madness of King Scar", as well as dialogue from the middle of "Hakuna Matata". I believe there were some more changes, but I don't recall them specifically.

Relative to the changes that are generally made within a long-running Broadway show, this would actually qualify as significant. Removing whole production numbers many years after the show is frozen is extremely rare.

Disney Analyst

In 2010 The Lion King on Broadway removed Zazu's song "The Morning Report", The Hyena's song "Chow Down", the extended dance sequence in "Can You Feel The Love Tonight", a portion of "The Madness of King Scar", as well as dialogue from the middle of "Hakuna Matata". I believe there were some more changes, but I don't recall them specifically.

Relative to the changes that are generally made within a long-running Broadway show, this would actually qualify as significant. Removing whole production numbers many years after the show is frozen is extremely rare.

Yep. They were trying to shorten the show who’s biggest complaint was that it was overlong and bloated.

I wish they had left Morning Report alone though.

IMDREW

tokyo-disneysea-nemo-2.jpg

So this is what the theatre is gonna look like?

DorysDitty

You forgot to mention half the time! See a Nemo/Dory review in 20 minutes or less with no plot and songs not written by the Lopezes.

I have zero hopes based on WDWs recent flops of DE and Kite Tails and Harmonious.

I don’t see why they didn’t bring it back for a while to boost sales of “going away” merch and getting fans to come see it one more time. We’d have done it. It was so special to us and is a giant hole in AK right now.

Chip Chipperson

They’re keeping Big Blue World and Go with the Flow, there are way more songs than just those two. The plot driven songs and even the verses to those two won’t make sense in a Finding Dory story.

I don't think it's supposed to be a Finding Dory story, but rather characters from that film retelling the story of Finding Nemo if I'm understanding correctly. So it will be more of a flashback to Finding Nemo and that's when those songs would be performed.

discos

I don't think it's supposed to be a Finding Dory story, but rather characters from that film retelling the story of Finding Nemo if I'm understanding correctly. So it will be more of a flashback to Finding Nemo and that's when those songs would be performed.
That's exactly what they said the story is gonna be focused on, and how they all got to the Marine Life Institue. So essentially, as you said, a lot of the songs from Finding Nemo the Musical could remain. They'd just have to rewrite dialogue between the songs to set up each of the character's stories.

TikibirdLand

You said it was gone....

You also said there was going to be a M&G with Mando, and that never happened...

You also said in June 2020 that Judy Hopps in police uniform was gone, and this pic is from May 2021, in DCA...

View attachment 602028

You also said character meals were unlikely to ever return, but they have...

You also said that in the time of social distancing, you'd have to schedule a M&G, and that didn't happen...
that photo is disturbing in so many ways!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom