Golden Oak Rental

Mattfromillinois

Original Poster
Hi all! Brand new to this forum but had a question about the Golden Oak residences. Looking to rent long term (6+ months) is there a site or place I can go to inquire about this? Thank you in advance!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Residential rentals in Florida have a minimum term of 7 months; it's not just a Golden Oak thing. If you rent for 6 months or less, it's considered a short-term or vacation rental (explicitly not allowed in Golden Oak), and the owner must pay sales tax on the rental revenue. But if you go 7 months or more, it's considered residential rental and is not subject to sales tax.

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

Oh I KNOW I can't afford it...doesn't make me any less curious.
The rental price, $9500 per month, got me thinking.

A week in a Standard View Studio in July at the Villas at the Grand Floridian costs 169 points.

Multiply that by 4 weeks to get 676 points.

Now multiply that by an average DVC point rental of $16 per point.

So, 4 weeks in a single room at VGF will set you back $10,816.

To me, it sounds like Golden Oak is a bargain. :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

A week in a Standard View Studio in July at the Villas at the Grand Floridian costs 169 points.

but for a minimum of 7 months...

LovePop

No it isn't a bargain, because you can't just rent 4 weeks of Golden Oak. Although it might still be a good deal compared to buying. It's almost never a good deal to rent out expensive housing, so it is nearly always a good deal to rent them instead of buying them. Although the one pictured above doesn't look very exciting. I've seen some that look much better and attractive.

Lilofan

There is a forum member @benjaminnicholas who has a home in Golden Oak. I'm sure he could share what he knows also. One of the perks at Golden Oak is seeing the Disney fireworks from your home every night, however not at the current time.

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Rentals are not allowed at Golden Oak per their HOA (or whatever it's called).

Not true.

Short term rentals are not allowed. You cannot Airbnb your home.

Long term is acceptable, with a long list of contractual caveats and rather high deposits.

Renters don't have exactly the same benefits as owners. While the crew at Summerhouse will treat them as they treat anyone else, there are some things that renters cannot access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom