WDW hand Sanitizer

Figmentfam

Original Poster
This is a weird question, but can anyone who has been to the parks since they reopened tell me if the parks have the same awful smelling hand sanitizer as the Disney Stores. The stuff in the Disney Stores makes me almost puke it smells so bad. I just want to be ready if I need to bring tons with me. I know I sound whiny but the stuff in the Disney stores here in Texas is awful and once you get it on you can't seem to wash that smell away.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is a weird question, but can anyone who has been to the parks since they reopened tell me if the parks have the same awful smelling hand sanitizer as the Disney Stores. The stuff in the Disney Stores makes me almost puke it smells so bad. I just want to be ready if I need to bring tons with me. I know I sound whiny but the stuff in the Disney stores here in Texas is awful and once you get it on you can't seem to wash that smell away.
Consider it a free Covid-19 check -- if you can smell it, you're good to go!

Cmdr_Crimson

Consider it a free Covid-19 check -- if you can smell it, you're good to go!
tumblr_nm7gns8fTI1s2wio8o1_500.gif

JIMINYCR

My DW has issues with the scents of various things and will get headaches from them. Sometimes just being next to someone who has a certain perfume or lotion on will force her to have to move away. We bought one sanitizer when this started that she immediately had a problem with and had to toss it. So we are planning on bringing our own supply that she agrees with along on our trip.

DisAl

Hand sanitizers to be used by "the public" for public health reasons should be as scent free as possible. I too am very sensitive to strong scents. I don't even walk anywhere near the perfume counter in a department store. I used some hand sanitizer at a local bank a few days ago that had a strong perfumed scent, and it gave me a headache and took hours to get the "stink" off my hands.
If people want scented stuff, let them buy what they like, but like second hand smoke please don't force it on the rest of us.
I would suggest taking some small bottles that you can put in your pocket during the day and a large bottle to refill them from at night.

Last edited:

Lilofan

There have been some times on a standing room only crowded bus after a long summer day in the parks that a temporary loss of smell would not have been a bad thing....
I knew some who Marines that were deployed in the Gulf War. Out in the desert, baby wipes to clean up the underarms etc. Hand sanitizer to clean up the underarms and body odor is better than nothing.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I knew some who Marines that were deployed in the Gulf War. Out in the desert, baby wipes to clean up the underarms etc. Hand sanitizer to clean up the underarms and body odor is better than nothing.

There are guests at Disneyworld that lack proper hygiene, just leave it at that.

Tori

I would advise bringing your own if you're concerned.

Giss Neric

What about the smell that makes you wanna puke? Is it too chemically or perfumy? It kinda defeats the purpose of being contactless. As you exit from a ride, you are basically touching your stuff just to get your personal sanitizer. Just use theirs and then use yours to cover the smell that you don't like.

91JLovesDisney

I don't remember the one at my Disney store smelling bad, my nearest is at the Galleria, if you know where that is (southwest Houston). Although I did use some nasty hand sanitizer recently that was like gingerbread-rum-margarita-dead-animal... not at Disney though

Kevin_W

It was neutral/alcohol scent. I was pretty impressed that with the quantity that WDW must go through that they use pretty high-end sanitizer (gel formulation, nice hand-feel, battery-powred automatic dispensers).

Chef Mickey

They use this, just so you know.

This is what they use at 99% of the Disney Parks locations. Hotels are variable. The Swan (Marriott) uses the puke smelling one, so I'm familiar with what you're talking about. You might see it a few other places, but it's mostly going to be the Sea & Ski.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom