Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride? Explain.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad | Walt Disney World Resort
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train | Walt Disney World Resort

MickeyCB

7DMT is so cute, tiny bit of thrill and love the mine scene. I believe I read rumors ages ago that it was supposed to me much longer before budget cuts. That would have been the icing on the cake!

LastoneOn

Big Thunder all the way. Repeatable. 7Ds was one and done. Allow that I'm not the target 7D. I do think its quite nice overall, and very popular with its target audience. Which is great!

ppet

If you are looking for or judging on the thrill, I think WDW is the wrong place entirely. When I want a thrill ride I will head back to Ohio and go to Kings Island or Cedar point. At WDW I am more interested in the stories and immersive qualities. In that capacity it's 7DMT.

MouseMelly

If you are looking for or judging on the thrill, I think WDW is the wrong place entirely. When I want a thrill ride I will head back to Ohio and go to Kings Island or Cedar point. At WDW I am more interested in the stories and immersive qualities. In that capacity it's 7DMT.
☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼

JIMINYCR

BTMRR hands down. A fast thrilling ride with plenty of scenery to try looking at as you zoom by. Has a better queue line thats filled with interesting items as well as some unexpected Disney things. I dont think 7DMT was ever built to be in competition to BTMRR, so its an unfair contest. The new swinging ride car design led us to believe it was more promising than what was delivered. Still its a ride I stand in line for and dont pass up. I wish the ending cottage scene with the Witch was more viewable.

HongKongFooy

This ain't like "Let's Make A Deal's " curtain #3 'cause I'm actually just fine with the goat, rusty crates and an old bathtub.........Big Thunder all the way.

91JLovesDisney

BTM.

I always expect to enjoy 7DMT more, and am always disappointed. I always expect to be disappointed by BTM, and I never am. Anyone relate?

rreading

I definitely agree that BTM wins due to its length and - at least at WDW - it is an iconic pillar of the park (whereas at DL is seems just squeezed into the middle).

That being said, while 7DMT loses out on its brevity (which was a blessing for our young one who didn't want something too adventurous), it has some really enjoyable drops and curves and the indoor area is far more engaging than BTM.

Different rides for different ages. I enjoy them both but now that my kids are older, I won't wait/waste FP on 7DMT anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom