Annual pass expiration date in MDE changed from December to November ???

bobogator

Original Poster
Hello. I could use some advice on something that just happened with our two gold annual passes. The MDE bapp has shown the expiration as 12/8 for the past few months, given the extension from the park closure period. I went in today to make a park pass reservation for 12/6, and apparently our expiration date changed to 11/16. Wth happened? What are my options? I'll call tonight but I'm curious to hear if anyone else experienced this too.

Side question, did I lose my opportunity to renew at the discounted price?

Thanks!

DoleWhipDrea

Did you ever confirm with Disney officially that you wanted the extension? Within the last month or two Disney mailed out letters requesting an official confirmation to make an adjustment on AP contracts. If you didn’t sign it by the beginning of November, then you essentially gave up the extension option.

Things with the passes have regularly been subject to change. I think they would most likely be happy to help you fix things over the phone...

Gillyanne

My step father's pass lost all the extended time; both the closure period AND the extra 30 days. His pass started as one of those Discover Disney tickets, but between then and the closure we upgraded it to a pass, but he didn't get to use it until a few weeks ago. After the extensions were doled out his did extend into July. His last visit (which was the first time he got to use it) a few weeks ago he had to validate his residency again (even though the Discover Disney was a FL resident only pass and he validated his residency to get that) After those visits is when I noticed his date went back to the original date (when the first day of the discover ticket was used) and he lost the additional 5(ish) months. We've sent an email but no word yet that I know of. I haven't had the time to sit waiting on the phone but I may just have to bite the bullet and try that one evening this week.

Edited to add we have 4 passes all together and I don't recall seeing any email about confirming the extension for any of the passes, and the remaining 3 still show the extra month in addition to the closure period. However we hadn't contacted Disney about any refunds or cancelations to begin with.

bobogator

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. It's all very weird. Our passes were purchased in June 2019 and activated on July 8th 2019. Our last payment after the closure, payment pause and payment continuation was in September, which paid the passes in full. I was told on the phone the closure extension put our expiration date at 11/8, plus the 30 days bumped it to 12/8, which is what MDE showed until the other day. I was told not having signed the new agreement (don't recall seeing an email for that) changed my expiration date to 11/16, which is some arbitrary date they are expiring all non-signers on...MDE shows 11/16 now. Odd that I had to sign an agreement to "extend" a financing contract that was already paid in full, and penalized when it wasn't signed.

So now we're in decision mode about renewing our two gold passes before the 29 day window closes (29 days from the 11/16, I assume). We would normally go enough times each year to warrant APs, but we're also trying to reconcile the start/renewal dates of our kids' APs so we can have the same 365 days...they're currently staggered. We may renew our APs and buy three/four day tickets as needed for the kids, since they don't go as much as we do. The fact that not renewing might mean we can't buy a new AP (the current sitch) is troubling...who knows when they'll reinstate AP purchases. It's all a big, fun, not fun mess. :)

monorail81

Did you ever confirm with Disney officially that you wanted the extension? Within the last month or two Disney mailed out letters requesting an official confirmation to make an adjustment on AP contracts. If you didn’t sign it by the beginning of November, then you essentially gave up the extension option.

Things with the passes have regularly been subject to change. I think they would most likely be happy to help you fix things over the phone...
Are you talking about the contracts that folks have to sign to do the payment plan? I only ask because we have APs that we pay for in full and didn’t get any letters...

Gillyanne

Are you talking about the contracts that folks have to sign to do the payment plan? I only ask because we have APs that we pay for in full and didn’t get any letters...

That's what I'm curious too; the pass I spoke of above was paid in full (technically 2 parts but again it started as a ticket and was upgraded). Yesterday we got a reply to our email and they made it sound like the having not signed the agreement but everything in the email talked about Payment Plan which we weren't on. Of the 4 passes, 3 of them still show the Closure + 1 month additional extension still; it's only the 1 that reverted to only 365 days from first use; and even then based on what OP is posting about, if they did mix it up w/ monthly payments and we weren't getting the extra month, 10 Feb (it's current displayed expiration) was the first date of use, so we even lost the closure period time extension.

We've emailed them back telling them it was paid in full; but I'm guessing I'm going to need to spend an evening on the phone....

Anyone know what kind of holiday schedule they run on? I just learned the call center I work for will only do non-phone support on Friday b/c only 2 of 6 of us didn't ask off; so maybe I could sit on hold with them Friday while I do my I do my tickets and such...

CarolynFH

Our DVC Gold APs were scheduled to expire mid-October 2020 but were extended to mid-March 2021 after the closure time + extra 30 days were added. We just used them last week without a problem and are planning to go again at the end of February. So your post startled me! However, I just checked MDE and they’re still showing the March expiration date. Ours were paid in full when purchased so we ignored the email about notifying them since it seemed pretty clear to me that it applied only to APs being paid for in monthly installments. I’ll be watching this thread for updates!

Oddysey

Thanks for the replies. It's all very weird. Our passes were purchased in June 2019 and activated on July 8th 2019. Our last payment after the closure, payment pause and payment continuation was in September, which paid the passes in full. I was told on the phone the closure extension put our expiration date at 11/8, plus the 30 days bumped it to 12/8, which is what MDE showed until the other day. I was told not having signed the new agreement (don't recall seeing an email for that) changed my expiration date to 11/16, which is some arbitrary date they are expiring all non-signers on...MDE shows 11/16 now. Odd that I had to sign an agreement to "extend" a financing contract that was already paid in full, and penalized when it wasn't signed.

So now we're in decision mode about renewing our two gold passes before the 29 day window closes (29 days from the 11/16, I assume). We would normally go enough times each year to warrant APs, but we're also trying to reconcile the start/renewal dates of our kids' APs so we can have the same 365 days...they're currently staggered. We may renew our APs and buy three/four day tickets as needed for the kids, since they don't go as much as we do. The fact that not renewing might mean we can't buy a new AP (the current sitch) is troubling...who knows when they'll reinstate AP purchases. It's all a big, fun, not fun mess. :)

My AP was purchased in 07/19 also and I had the same very confusing experience and mine was completely paid for at the same time as yours. Disney called me on 11/10 advising me to sign the 3 month extension, but also stated that I would be charged 3 additional monthly payments for each month of the extension. I don’t really get that at all. Why not just ask for that I purchase a 1 year renewal versus a 3 month pass? Whats the point?

No matter, after 16 years of being a passholder I decided pre-Covid not to extend or renew due to the feeling that price vs. value proposition were no longer in my favor. Moreover, Covid reinforced my decision as I have been to the parks and they are a less than magical experience at the moment.

Gillyanne

So I called them today and got everything squared away. They put my Step-Dad's pass to 7/10 from 2/10 (though it's a weekday select so he's blocked out that time/month before anyway, figure it gives us a lil extra time w/ renewing though) Said they weren't sure why it went back b/c those are going on w/ the monthly payment plans who didn't sign the agreement. Suspicion is when he had to activate it as the AP (vs. the discover disney ticket)/confirm his residency someone hit something in the system and didn't realize it. All in all I was on the phone for 53 minutes, but it did start as a call to photopass for missing photos, and then they transferred me to the Pass line. I think for the pass part I was on hold maybe 10-15 minutes while they spoke to the escalation team and that was it. When the came back on the line they had gotten the extension back on it already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom