News Park hopping to return January 1st 2021

Jrb1979

None of what they're doing now is "appealing." I don't want them to slash live entertainment, or close restaurants. No one wants them to cut fireworks - I'll bet that THEY don't want to do these things either. ALL of these "changes" are being done because of Covid, and the response to it. Again, The Mouse lost $5 billion last quarter alone. They can't just act like that didn't happen.

In several years when everything is back up and running and the Parks are full again, if some of these missing items are still gone, then we'll have something to complain about. But, while WDW is operating at 35%(?) capacity and Disneyland is shuttered, we should be pleased with what we get.

In the mean time, we should encourage our government at every level to open everything. Certainly we shouldn't be re-closing anything. Encourage everyone you know to get the vaccine! Let's get the economy rolling again! Then, once WDW is full, we can demand the little things that set Disney apart from the competition.
Yes they lost a lot of money and its understandable for Disney to cut things to save money right now. I disagree we shouldn't complain about entertainment being cut. Look at the other parks across the country that have no problem offering entertainment still. I will even go as far as saying Dollywood's Christmas offering is much better then what Disney is offering this year.

UlsterToon

Litreally hanging on Disney's eveyword as we plan to.fly from UK in Aug. Well if that's even possible! So this has be seen as a positive.

seanjclarke

So what happens if I don’t buy Park Hopper and I go to Hollywood Studios but my family wants to take a midday break at the pool. Isn’t there a possibility I won’t be allowed back into Hollywood Studios once I leave? What happens when I’m not allowed back in for my reservation at Brown Derby? Or for my ROTR boarding group? And since I don’t have PH I can’t go to any other park and I’m not allowed into the park I reserved.

So either:
The mid day break becomes a major risk of being shut out for the day
or
They say they’re still limiting capacity but really turn a blind eye to actual attendance because who can confirm that they’re over 35%?
or
The only place they’ll let you hop to is Epcot (where 35% of the massive capacity will probably never be reached except for holidays) so those restaurants start doing good business again
or
The reality is that no one is really hopping to AK after 2 with their limited hours, most people leave HS by 2 and with limited dining options and no ROTR not many people are probably hopping to there, and MK and Epcot has massive space to handle a good number of people between them so most likely all this worrying is for nothing. They’re taking a gamble is not an operational headache, but it’s probably a pretty safe gamble.

dreday3

So what happens if I don’t buy Park Hopper and I go to Hollywood Studios but my family wants to take a midday break at the pool. Isn’t there a possibility I won’t be allowed back into Hollywood Studios once I leave? What happens when I’m not allowed back in for my reservation at Brown Derby? Or for my ROTR boarding group? And since I don’t have PH I can’t go to any other park and I’m not allowed into the park I reserved.

So either:
or
They say they’re still limiting capacity but really turn a blind eye to actual attendance because who can confirm that they’re over 35%?
or
The only place they’ll let you hop to is Epcot (where 35% of the massive capacity will probably never be reached except for holidays) so those restaurants start doing good business again
or
The reality is that no one is really hopping to AK after 2 with their limited hours, most people leave HS by 2 and with limited dining options and no ROTR not many people are probably hopping to there, and MK and Epcot has massive space to handle a good number of people between them so most likely all this worrying is for nothing. They’re taking a gamble is not an operational headache, but it’s probably a pretty safe gamble.

I vote your last option!

Although I will be the weirdo happily hopping over to AK for some late afternoon hours.

kbmum

So either:
or
or
or

I think that as long as you have a reservation for Hollywood Studios, you're included in the attendance and would be able to go back into that park later in the day. But, of course, I could be wrong.

I'm also one of those people who would happily hop to AK after 2 p.m.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm glad to see this.
It actually aligns with what we usually do anyways.
I mean I would love the option to go to all 4 parks but its rare I actually do it.
The lack of PH was one of the few things that I was not a fan of during reopening because I go on short trips which means I hit the highlights at each park and get a 2-3 day PH.
Unfortunately I still likely won't make it back until August but this is good news!

seanjclarke

I think that as long as you have a reservation for Hollywood Studios, you're included in the attendance and would be able to go back into that park later in the day. But, of course, I could be wrong.

I'm also one of those people who would happily hop to AK after 2 p.m.
So you think park hopping will only be allowed to non sold out parks? That would probably be the easiest way to do it.

However it is a lost chance to spread crowds out if everyone leaves HS after 2 if they can’t get a boarding group and the park empties out just because people might come back.

Epcot82Guy

I would guess they are banking on minimal hopping. And, instead, this is a way to not have to refund park hopping for 2021. Offer this limited offering to at least check the box. I do think there is going to be a fair bit of frustration, but I'm hoping they've thought through those various scenarios and exceptions.

twilight mitsuk

So you think park hopping will only be allowed to non sold out parks? That would probably be the easiest way to do it.

However it is a lost chance to spread crowds out if everyone leaves HS after 2 if they can’t get a boarding group and the park empties out just because people might come back.
Subject to capacity requirements

NelleBelle

I thought you were allowed to go back to the park you had initial reservations at if you took a mid—day break? Or did that get changed?? I can’t see how that should affect the attendance if they have so many non PH in who have reservations at a specific park. Guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of what they're doing now is "appealing." I don't want them to slash live entertainment, or close restaurants. No one wants them to cut fireworks - I'll bet that THEY don't want to do these things either. ALL of these "changes" are being done because of Covid, and the response to it. Again, The Mouse lost $5 billion last quarter alone. They can't just act like that didn't happen.

In several years when everything is back up and running and the Parks are full again, if some of these missing items are still gone, then we'll have something to complain about. But, while WDW is operating at 35%(?) capacity and Disneyland is shuttered, we should be pleased with what we get.

In the mean time, we should encourage our government at every level to open everything. Certainly we shouldn't be re-closing anything. Encourage everyone you know to get the vaccine! Let's get the economy rolling again! Then, once WDW is full, we can demand the little things that set Disney apart from the competition.

Ned Stark had a saying about what “everything before the word “but” is”...
...and sometimes after too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
HA. I loved that show, and that character in particular.... BUT, Disney World runs not on pixie dust, but on MONEY. ...kind of like Westeros...

There’s little doubt about that...

But you veered off course when you jumped in the dingy upstream with Ron the moron. To be honest.

They won’t make a dime if they try to “muscle” their way through it with forced openings and only locals. It hasn’t worked...it won’t work...if it would Disney would have shouted for it months ago. They know how and where their bread is buttered. The holding pattern will continue.

DisneyCane

I would guess they are banking on minimal hopping. And, instead, this is a way to not have to refund park hopping for 2021. Offer this limited offering to at least check the box. I do think there is going to be a fair bit of frustration, but I'm hoping they've thought through those various scenarios and exceptions.
I would also assume that they won't allow the hoppers to fill all the capacity that was created by people leaving a park to always make sure there is a buffer for people to come back. Obviously they have the data about what percentage of people leave and then come back later.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
At this point they know how what percentage of guests return (or make first visit) after 2pm, after 4pm, etc. One option is to bake "slack" into the capacity to account for people who are expected to still be in the park at certain times.

For example, a number equivalent to 5% of capacity has a HS park pass and enters HS after 2pm. Then Disney can allow a number of people in park (remaining in park + park hoppers) that's equivalent to 30% to allow the 5% room to join. Of course Disney can drill down and make this much more dynamic and by the hour.

ALW

Yes they lost a lot of money and its understandable for Disney to cut things to save money right now. I disagree we shouldn't complain about entertainment being cut. Look at the other parks across the country that have no problem offering entertainment still. I will even go as far as saying Dollywood's Christmas offering is much better then what Disney is offering this year.
Absolutely! Which is why I cancelled my Christmas trip to Disney and reserved the same week for Christmas in the Smokey Mountains at Dollywood! 109 per person for 3 day ticket. Nothing is cancelled and all the Christmas spirit one could ask for!! Disney can KMA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom