a

ne4now

The All Star Resorts are the least expensive Disney Resort Hotels. You still get complimentary Magic Express transportation from/to the airport and bus trips to the parks. There's 2 double beds (4 ppl max per room). The resorts themselves are simple (compared to other resorts) but are typically clean and have pools & a cafeteria for food. The resorts are themed Music, Spots, Movies and then the hotels themselves are also themed. You are still going to pay more to stay here vs off-site but at least you are always in the disney bubble and transportation is included and fairly convenient.
If you are budgeting, keep in mind eating/drinking can get really expensive on property. We did a cheap trip with a large group and saved a bunch by having instacart deliver a few cases of water with some flavor packets, granola bars, lara bars for breakfast and snacks to pack for the day. Buying the meal plan is also an option but adds even more $ to the trip.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

For a larger group, since you would need two rooms in a regular resort. I also recommend looking at booking a 2 bedroom through a Disney Vacation Club rental website since you can book pretty cheap right now due to DVC members needing to use their points after the closures.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
As @Zé_Carioca mentioned above, it would definitely be worth looking into a DVC rental. Sadly, there isn't any single room on property that would accommodate a group of 6.

Another possibility would be looking at the Good Neighbor Resorts which get most (if not all) of the benefits of being on-site without actually being on property - there are some on Hotel Plaza Blvd, within a half mile of Disney Springs. Some of these are somewhat cheaper than on-site.

My daughter and three of her friends are also doing a Senior Week at Disney about the same time as you, but two of their group are DVC and so sharing points to get two studio rooms at DVC resorts. I know they are pretty darn excited for the trip!

Upvote 0

ne4now

We have looked at the DVC option to try and save $ and 2 rooms at the value resorts were always still cheaper than the bigger rooms at a deluxe dvc. Art of animation has some interesting “family suites” which can sleep 6 that we have enjoyed but even those cost more than 2 standard rooms at all stars.
Honestly, we spend such little time at the resort. We have a short trip booked for next Oct and i told my wife to book wherever she wanted and she chose PoP. I asked why and she said “we have always had a great time there with the kids and i’d rather spend the extra money on a nice dinner or something.” Just hoping Ohana will be open by then for me!
If you’re trying to save and have an adventurous group, i have heard of ppl renting a camper parked at Disney Fort Wilderness. I have never looked into it tho so not sure what could be saved. Still on property with all the perks.

Upvote 0

indianagroans

In the Parks
No
I've got the same thoughts as @ne4now . My family has stayed at the All Star Resorts multiple times, and even though they are the cheapest, they are still a great option. If you only wanted to pay for one room, another cheap (for on property) option could be The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. While I've never stayed there myself, I've watched plenty of vlogs, more notably RobPlays, who have stayed there. There's one queen bed, one bunk bed, and a double-size sleeper sofa (sleeping 6 in total). There's also a kitchen and a pretty big living room. Once I graduate high school, I'd love to take a trip like this!

Upvote 0

LovePop

On property is super expensive, even at All Stars. If you want cheap, you should really consider off property. Some of those hotels are dying right now and they've cut prices down to nearly nothing (like $70 a night), and they often hold 6 or more and has pools and kitchen and things. You can uber together to the parks every day for around $10 a day one way, and you still come out way ahead financially. Also, you don't have to pay the inflated Disney food court prices.
Art of Animation does hold 6 people per room, but they cost 3 times the money of All Stars, so it doesn't help. DVC rentals might be an option if you absolutely must stay on property.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Not too many options. It comes down to All Stars or going off property as mentioned above. Disney doesnt do much on the cheap. Even with the group of you chipping in on payments, unless some of you have parents that will gift you for a better trip, youre looking at expenses for food, snacks, souvenirs, park tickets, and other typical things to make the trip fun. I'd sacrifice a Dis resort for a lower cost hotel off property for the best savings which will afford you more to spend on celebrating things.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Hi everyone!
My friends and I (6 in total) are trying to plan a trip to wdw when we graduate high school this year. Our planned trip date is 6/22-6/27. I'm having trouble finding a cost-effective place to stay on-Disney property. If anyone could make any suggestions, that would be great. Thanks!
I do have a suggestion.... All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

Please, you are all very young - and getting ready for the rest of your life, including College. 6-2021? You MIGHT be able to secure a COVID Vaccination... but I doubt it. So stay home, and stay alive?
It's not just Disney, it's all the travel required to get IN, and get OUT :(.

I must suggest.... early 2021 is not the time for wonderful young folks to put their lives at risk, by doing this? You, obviously, will decide.
It's just that you have a whole lot of life, ahead of you :).

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

I do have a suggestion.... All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

Please, you are all very young - and getting ready for the rest of your life, including College. 6-2021? You MIGHT be able to secure a COVID Vaccination... but I doubt it. So stay home, and stay alive?

I must suggest.... early 2021 is not the time for wonderful young folks to put their lives at risk, by doing this? You, obviously, will decide.
I agree that I would maybe hold off for a bit. You could look at it as giving you more to save up some cash so the trip isn't as financially stressful. Plus, speaking from experience- you'll want a break after your first year at college way more than after high school!

To answer the question though, value will be the best way to go for you if you absolutely must stay on site.

Upvote 0

Rob562

At the very least, make sure to book things that are easily cancelled and refundable. (That would rule out a DVC rental, unless you're ok paying for a cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance) That way you can keep an eye on how things are going for infection rates and vaccines and cancel without penalty if need-be. This may require holding off on booking things like airfare until either you know you're definitely going on the trip, or until airlines extend their free cancellation policies to include the trip dates.

We've already booked and cancelled two "hopeful/wishful thinking" trips to Orlando this year. One for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, the other for early December in WDW. And we already have a hotel reservation for a Gay Days trip in June 2021. You just have to stay on top of reservation restrictions and cancellation deadlines.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NelleBelle

You could always look at glamping it over at FW. I've seen some fairly creative campsites that hook up AC units into the big tents. The bathrooms/hospitality huts (or whatever they're called) are very nice. And the tent-only sites are quit inexpensive for Disney. Just a thought! 😊

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

The cheapest on property stay would be at the all stars. Get a couple of rooms there, if you don't mind sharing a bed or get 3 rooms and everyone has their own bed. You will need to stay on property or use an Uber to get to the parks so it would be worth it to stay on property. Watch out for sales that might be going between now and then. I went for the first time with a couple of friends a year after we graduated HS and had a blast. Have fun.

Upvote 0

carriebeth

Are you guys all going to be over 18 at time of travel? In order to be the one booking and paying for the room you will have to be 18 and have your own credit card. Each room will need a person over 18 with a credit card in it.

Upvote 0

macefamily

Are you driving down ? If so, I would suggest staying off property. We got some really good deals through AirBNB and some hotels out in Kissimmee. As high schoolers, I don't think you're much focused on the beauty of a hotel, and it that's the case, I would suggest the Banyan Suites out on 192. Only 10 minutes from Disney. Not the prettiest girl in the harem, but she'll do. Last time we stayed there I paid $45 a night.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Two options that don't involve sleeping in a tent or slumming at the Values...
1) Fort Wilderness cabin
2) Tree House Villa at Saratoga Springs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom