Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

We decided to give this place a try. Everyone had breakfast except me. It was going on 11 so it was closer to lunch & I don't really care for breakfast foods anyways.
IMG_7588.JPEG

While waiting for our food I got a text to confirm our dinner reservation for that evening.
IMG_7589.PNG

I had a black bean burger which was really good. The cole slaw wasn't though. It tasted like cabbage with vinegar--that's it, nothing else. All the tables around this place were only set up for 2 people so E & I sat at one table while J & JSR sat at another.
IMG_7590.JPEG

E went to check the stroller in & we went to Rite Aid. J was hoping they sold cars. I had forgot to buy the hair tamer that so many friends on here raved about. I was excited when I saw this but unfortunately they didn't have what I needed.
IMG_7591.JPEG

They had cars for J though!!
IMG_7592.JPEG

I waited while they boarded(family boarding). I had forgot to check in 24 hours prior but still ended up with B28.
IMG_7593.JPEG

I think I was in the last boarding group. The plane was so empty!!
IMG_7594.JPEG

J started the trip off right by doing his usual!!
IMG_7596.JPEG

I guess he's getting bored with them? 🤣
IMG_7598.JPEG

Of course, I watched my usual!!
IMG_7601.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

I got to admit I was pretty annoyed the whole flight. There was a family sitting behind us. Dad had a Southwest pilot's uniform on. Now, maybe he was just dressed up for Halloween but I don't think so(I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt ;)). Anyhow, not only did the kid sitting behind me kick my seat the. whole. entire. flight. without anyone correcting her but worse than that, her sister was allowed to play with/watch videos on her tablet the. whole. entire. flight. without having to use ear buds. Mom & dad didn't correct her nor did any of the flight attendants. I think what was going on there is called "privilege" & therefore dad's uniform was not a costume.

But, things could always be worse. I could have been "that guy". He was actually sitting in the aisle seat. The guy sitting across from him(I don't believe they knew each other--that IMO probably made it even worse & more uncomfortable for the other guy) opened up his pop bottle & it exploded all over the place:oops: At that point the flight attendants were nowhere to be found b/c they were busy getting everyone their water. Pop sprayer tried to find what he could in his bag to help his new found friend get cleaned up. He finally moved to the middle seat to sit on dry land. I really did feel bad for him. The bottom half of his legs got it the worst but I thought asking him to pose for a pic for my TR would be like adding insult to injury so I refrained.
IMG_7602.JPEG

BTW--do any of you remember my pop incident with Lou Holtz a few years ago in the Orlando airport? This made me think of that!!:hilarious:

On the "monorail"!!
IMG_7603.JPEG

E went to get Starbucks while we went to collect the luggage. I was good on Starbucks--I had been there twice that morning before I even got to her house!!
IMG_7605.JPEG

J wanted me to take his picture in front of this....
IMG_7606.JPEG

....and this. In looking at my pictures I noticed that he's posing a lot with his hands on his hips. Is that what kids do these days?
IMG_7607.JPEG

We walked right up to the ME desk with no one else around!!
IMG_7608.JPEG

It's always a relief to not see lines there!!
IMG_7609.JPEG

IMG_7610.JPEG

We walked right up to the front & only waited a few minutes before boarding the bus.
IMG_7611.JPEG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got to admit I was pretty annoyed the whole flight. There was a family sitting behind us. Dad had a Southwest pilot's uniform on. Now, maybe he was just dressed up for Halloween but I don't think so(I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt ;)). Anyhow, not only did the kid sitting behind me kick my seat the. whole. entire. flight. without anyone correcting her but worse than that, her sister was allowed to play with/watch videos on her tablet the. whole. entire. flight. without having to use ear buds. Mom & dad didn't correct her nor did any of the flight attendants. I think what was going on there is called "privilege" & therefore dad's uniform was not a costume.

Wow. Not a way to start the beginning of your vacation. The pilot should have known better, to ask his kid to wear ear plugs, and oh yah, not kick the back of your seat either. Really, what is wrong with some people?

That aside, I'm happy you're writing another TR. You know how much I get a kick out of J's antics, so I'm looking forward to everyone's latest vacation adventures! :)

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Onto the ME we go!! We were told to sit in the last two rows so you know J was excited about that!!
IMG_7612.JPEG

J led the way!!
IMG_7613.JPEG

I know we're only at 50% compliance here but no one else was on the bus at this point.
IMG_7614.JPEG

The video is just plain sad at this stage of the game.
IMG_7615.JPEG

Speaking of sad(& I know I bring this up all the time) you know what our gas prices are right now....$2.29 😞
IMG_7618.JPEG

And we've arrived but not without some drama.....
IMG_7619.JPEG

I got a phone call when we were about 10 minutes away from property. I didn't know the number & it said "United States". Normally that means it's a telemarketer which I don't answer. E suggested maybe I should b/c our instacart order was due to be dropped off when we arrived & maybe it was them. Very wise thinking on her part. It was Maria, calling from instacart/Publix/whatever. She was trying to ask me where we were(they couldn't just leave the order b/c I ordered alcohol & had to show ID). I repeatedly told her we would be there in 10 minutes but she kept repeating that she didn't speak English so she didn't understand what I was trying to say. That made me quite nervous b/c I wondered how she managed to pick our order!! She can't speak English but managed to pick a $200.00 grocery order for uso_O Finally, she put someone from bell services on the phone & I told him we would be there in a few minutes. The situation was really aggravating I must say. Also, just a tip for anyone who uses instacart & orders alcohol--their site said that the only acceptable form of ID is a state issued drivers license/id card. When I fly I normally only have my passport card with me as ID. That is not accepted by them so I had to make sure to bring my drivers license. Also, we normally order from Garden Grocer which we've never had an issue with. The only thing with them is that they are a bit pricey. Knowing my friend @ajrwdwgirl has ordered from instacart I reached out to her & got her advice & decided to give them a shot. The prices are much cheaper & I will definitely use them again in the future. Thanks Amy!!
IMG_7620.JPEG

We're home!!
IMG_7623.JPEG

Maria needs to learn something very important--that's not a wise place to leave your cell phone!!
IMG_7625.JPEG

Saratoga Springs looked as quiet as it did the last time we were there!!
IMG_7626.JPEG

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
3370D1DA-C1A0-4FC1-B323-4B7DBA6DE483.gif

(but my face is 😄)
Love it!! 🤣
Glad you're here!!
Or he gets it from his dad?😂

Following along!
His dad is a bigger kid than him so it's a definite possibility!!
Glad you're here!!
A5E8E06F-FD4A-40B0-8A78-E90B80AC8A22.gif

I really trying to cut down on my caffeine intake (again) so two starbucks sounds particularly wonderful.
I normally can only have one a day myself. If I have a second one I normally get too jittery but.....I worked the late shift the day before. I usually don't get done until 10 then I go get something to eat after work(I start at 1 so I'm starving by then). Thank God for Applebee's--they're open until 12 so I am always guaranteed that I can get something there since most restaurants seem to be closing at 9 b/c of Covid. Anyhow, by the time I got home it was after 11 & even though I was excited for Disney I was still exhausted & needed the extra caffeine that day!!
Wow. Not a way to start the beginning of your vacation. The pilot should have known better, to ask his kid to wear ear plugs, and oh yah, not kick the back of your seat either. Really, what is wrong with some people?

That aside, I'm happy you're writing another TR. You know how much I get a kick out of J's antics, so I'm looking forward to everyone's latest vacation adventures! :)
Thank you--I couldn't agree more. My guess is that the flight attendants(b/c he was a pilot) were afraid to say anything about the ear plugs since he wasn't. I just can't understand the lack of courtesy for other people & then I think about how they are raising their kids. It's really sad.

Thank you & I'm glad you're here!! You won't be disappointed--J had a lot of antics up his sleeve!! He is a trip!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Bell services offered to take us to our treehouse. It's hard to tell from these pictures but let me tell you it was absolutely pouring when we arrived & it continued all the way to our treehouse.
IMG_7627.JPEG

A few scenery shots along the way.....
IMG_7628.JPEG

IMG_7631.JPEG

IMG_7632.JPEG

Ok @Darstarr tell me if you agree with me or not on this one--aren't those big buses coming down these roads in the treehouse section just downright scary??
IMG_7633.JPEG

Our home for the week!!
IMG_7634.JPEG

I am not a woodsy girl in the least but this was beautiful!!
IMG_7636.JPEG

The deck was really nice & big!!
IMG_7638.JPEG

And we had a view of the Sassagoula--life couldn't get much better!!
IMG_7639.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

I had looked at pictures ahead of time on the internet so I kind of knew what to expect but let me tell you that the pictures didn't do this place justice!! Be prepared for an onslaught of photos!!

The kitchen area is quite large--more kitchen space than I could ever make use of!! 🤣
IMG_7640.JPEG

Part of the living room area
IMG_7641.JPEG

Kitchen/living room photo
IMG_7642.JPEG

This is the bedroom that has the bunk beds
IMG_7643.JPEG

Nice storage area
IMG_7644.JPEG

There was a crib in the closet
IMG_7645.JPEG

There was a tv in each bedroom & one in the living room
IMG_7646.JPEG

A different angle of the living room/kitchen/dining area
IMG_7647.JPEG

And yet another...
IMG_7648.JPEG

This is one of the other bedrooms
IMG_7650.JPEG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

J wanted me to take his picture in front of this....

....and this. In looking at my pictures I noticed that he's posing a lot with his hands on his hips. Is that what kids do these days?
View attachment 512875

I'm so happy to see your trip report! And I love J's pose. I call this pose my Adventure pose, so all the cool kids are doing this pose! ;) I'm glad Instacart worked out for you, even those Maria's English skills might not have been the best for you. I think a Maria was the name of our shopper too, might not have been the same one though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom