Hall of Presidents Refurbishment Watch

JohnD

Original Poster
Sure, he’ll be moved and Biden put center stage. My personal observation is that the entire show will be more patriotic and uplifting. Personally, I think it should be that way for all Presidents. But that wasn’t the case of the Trump version. We’re electing the “idea of a President”. And no uplifting theme at the end. It ends quietly almost as if an afterthought. The Presidents are portrayed as not caring. Madison is doodling as the curtains come down!

Last edited:

mf1972

i don’t see the show changing it’s theme. it’ll still be the same, honoring our past & present president. just a new addition with a different speech. i do wonder when it’ll be closed down for refurbishment, & if the current pandemic situation delays it in any way.

Animaniac93-98

Right now at MK both Tom Sawyer Island and the Riverboat are closed for refurbishment. HoP closing will also overlap with them.

That leaves HM, BTMRR and Country Bears as the only attractions open in Frontierland/Liberty Square if Splash closes too. All while Disney wants to increase park capacity, but maintain physical distancing. 😬

aladdin2007

Right now at MK both Tom Sawyer Island and the Riverboat are closed for refurbishment. HoP closing will also overlap with them.

That leaves HM, BTMRR and Country Bears as the only attractions open in Frontierland/Liberty Square if Splash closes too. All while Disney wants to increase park capacity, but maintain physical distancing. 😬

and half of tomorrowland attractions are closed, the railroad too etc... the park is almost becoming an embarrassment right now.

MaryJaneP

You want this one to be entirely apolitical. Then yes, it is too soon to watch for refurbishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

ppete1975

Honestly i think they should make the timeless presidents talk or even revert back to the original show. Then have the newer presidents sitting without a speaking role. They wouldn’t even need to be animatronic. Much cheaper, easier, and less controversial. Regardless of the recent movement against all past presidents (sorry washington and lincoln were amazing presidents)

seascape

Can't imagine Disney is going to be happy spending refurbishment money on HOP for another one term president.
Given Biden's age, I am not sure he will last 4 years and then WDW would have to do it again and a 3rd time in 2025. Do away with it now and replace it with just Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln and the 2 Roosevelt's. Finally after giving 6 of them speaking roles have a movie showing the official portraits of all 45 former Presidents and the inaugural photo of Biden.

Paper straw fan

Ah. well if they’re cheaping out on that ride that bad, they could close it..but there’s been 1 term presidents in there before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharon&Susan

Ah. well if they’re cheaping out on that ride that bad, they could close it..but there’s been 1 term presidents in there before.

But, FYI a lot of people have been posting ominous messages today with subtle hints that ‘Biden won’t make it out of his first term’ like a very low key threat against him- which reeeely doesn’t belong in this thread.
It is the first time since Clinton (when they started the modern HOP cycle of having the current President speak at the end of the show) that there's been a one term president. And for Disney large scale renovations, even every 8 years is rather short (see: Epcot)

But then again, they'll probably reuse the current Trump show they have with the Biden animatronic giving a speech. Bringing costs down from the purpose built shows from the past.

I apologize if it at all I sounded like I was implying Biden wouldn't make it out of his first term, there's no reason right now to believe that IMO. I just think that Biden not going to run for a second term.

muddyrivers

I'm wondering how they'll be able to fit all of the AAs on the stage if they continue adding new ones as they are elected. Also, I don't think we will see the HoP closed for refurb for a couple months, especially as there currently is no President Elect right now (not a political statement, a factual one as the Electoral College doesn't meet until December 14) and they would want to wait until after Inauguration Day to ensure the new President officially takes office.

JohnD

Original Poster
Honestly i think they should make the timeless presidents talk or even revert back to the original show. Then have the newer presidents sitting without a speaking role. They wouldn’t even need to be animatronic. Much cheaper, easier, and less controversial. Regardless of the recent movement against all past presidents (sorry washington and lincoln were amazing presidents)

The speaking role is what makes the refurbishment longer. It’s coordinating schedules with the President to set up a recording session. Otherwise, they can be working on a new movie right now which takes up most of the show anyway. The Lincoln segment is the same. Now would be a good time to work on the Biden figure. Then take it down for refurb beginning in January. Will it take six months as previously? Who knows? Maybe have it ready by Presidents Day in February?

Lilofan

The speaking role is what makes the refurbishment longer. It’s coordinating schedules with the President to set up a recording session. Otherwise, they can be working on a new movie right now which takes up most of the show anyway. The Lincoln segment is the same. Now would be a good time to work on the Biden figure. Then take it down for refurb beginning in January. Will it take six months as previously? Who knows? Maybe have it ready by Presidents Day in February?
Setting up a recording session with the President is fairly easy if schedules permit. Disney cast travel to DC to record POTUS like they did when they traveled to DC to meet with Obama.

JohnD

Original Poster
Setting up a recording session with the President is fairly easy if schedules permit. Disney cast travel to DC to record POTUS like they did when they traveled to DC to meet with Obama.
The point isn’t the recording session itself. It’s just coordinating schedules with the busy schedule of the President.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom