I am not going back to WDW until...

LovePop

1. Disney starts selling annual passes again.
2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
3. All the playgrounds are open (I have a toddler).
4. Masks and social distancing are no longer required (but maybe recommended.)
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
6. All the restaurants must be open.
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

Other conditions I would like to see return but can live without:
1. Minnievans. It was terrible to see them go.
2. Magic Express yellow tag luggage delivery

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
welcome captain GIF

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I was eating breakfast yesterday and my husband asked why I looked so sad my response was because it's been 365 days since my last trip to WDW. My next one is planned for Memorial Day weekend 2021. I think fireworks, park hopping and the hours are the only things really stopping me from trying to get in a quick weekend trip. Maybe by February I'll be ready to give it a try.

Upvote 0

gobstoper27

We were just there a couple of weeks ago. I did not think no Park Hopping would bother us but we did miss that the most. Still going back in December but would love for Park Hopping to come back sooner than later.
No park hopping is the worst! I was fortunate to visit the parks last month but definitely missed park hopping. We usually hop over the course of 3 park days and it was nice not to have to rush around to make it to the other parks for once..but I still like having that option. There is only so much you can do in AK in a whole day

Upvote 0

DISR

Disney always required lots of planning to get the most from your trip, but it also allowed flexibility. With no park hopping and advance reservations required for park tickets, your trip is really rigid. I have a really hard time committing to a trip under those circumstances. I would like the opportunity to visit DHS each morning until I got a RoTR reservation. Only having one shot at it, with no ability to flex the trip for more chances, really defeats one of the goals of going.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I can work around them all and still have an enjoyable time. Out of your list I'd say I'd miss all the restaurants being open, but even that I can be selective enough to get by. Everyone has their limits and deal breakers that would keep them away. I can understand your list which probably isnt that different than what many guests are now saying will keep them away. I'm guessing you wont be back for a very looong time unless you can see your way to bend your standards. Hope you can find some alternative to give you and your family enjoyment.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

#4 will never be optional/just recommended IMHO - it will be either all or nothing.

#5 - I've heard that many prefer the spontaneity of the cavalcades, I know I can't wait to see them vs sitting in place waiting for a parade.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Because of the rumours of the demise of FP+ would be my guess.
Disney was never able to make FP+ work as well as it should. Oh, it worked great for me at first. I didn't mind the planning it required or the 3-ride limit as long as I had the opportunity to get the newest, most popular rides without having to go to the parks early or stand in lines. When I couldn't do that for the rides in Galaxy's Edge, the system no longer worked for me.

Upvote 0

mikejs78

Premium Member
Because of the rumours of the demise of FP+ would be my guess.
I tend to think that's a little bit of wishful thinking on the part of some who don't care for it... It is just a rumor and the rumors have been pretty vague.. I have no doubt that it will change in some way compared to what it was before COVID, but I doubt it's going away completely, especially since they're putting in a FP+ line (and signage) at the new Ratatouille attraction...

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Disney always required lots of planning to get the most from your trip, but it also allowed flexibility. With no park hopping and advance reservations required for park tickets, your trip is really rigid. I have a really hard time committing to a trip under those circumstances. I would like the opportunity to visit DHS each morning until I got a RoTR reservation. Only having one shot at it, with no ability to flex the trip for more chances, really defeats one of the goals of going.
I always felt with the fast passes in play it made it pretty ridgid as is. I have not gotten park hoppers on our last few trips, because honestly, there is not a ton of incentive to do it. I can go back rest and return to the park I had left as most have longer hours save for AK. Right now the hours aren't great for many places so Park Hopping would be tough to do regardless. That said, it is a nice options especially of you are at the Boardwalk, whew you can stroll over to Epcot every night.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Boy, since DME luggage is no mas, what's the point of even taking it? Especially on the way back to MCO! That whole nonsense of getting it at least 3-hrs before you flight leaves and then potentially stop at a bunch of resorts and airlines...no thank-you! I'll just take Lyft/Uber and save some time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom