News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

CJR

I'm still surprised by how low the pre-order number are. I would have expected it to be much higher.

I think it's an issue that most people don't consider stuff like this until it's time to renew.

In our case, we got a brand new plate last year so we want to get some use out of it before replacing it. We don't want to contribute more to waste just because it's a fun design, if that makes sense. When it's time, if they have something like this, we definitely would do it.

monorail81

Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary license plate reaches its pre-sale requirement to begin production​

“The Florida license plate required 3000 pre-orders before moving into production, which it has now reached after just over a week of being available to pre-order.”

Just an FYI...While they just released the design last week, it’s been available to pre-order for much longer than a week. I bought our pre-sale voucher in November.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

Just FYI: I don't know how Florida does it (every state is different) but in Georgia, such plates just go to the general fund. For example, you buy a "feel good about this thing" plate (now you feel good) - that extra money you pay just goes into the general fund even though you were thinking that the extra money would go to what you're funding.

If you think you're helping puppies, you're really just helping your state government.

Again, this is how Georgia is. I don't know how Florida is. I'd check into it before getting any sort of specialized plate unless you just like the plate and will pay extra for it.

JoeCamel

Just FYI: I don't know how Florida does it (every state is different) but in Georgia, such plates just go to the general fund. For example, you buy a "feel good about this thing" plate (now you feel good) - that extra money you pay just goes into the general fund even though you were thinking that the extra money would go to what you're funding.

If you think you're helping puppies, you're really just helping your state government.

Again, this is how Georgia is. I don't know how Florida is. I'd check into it before getting any sort of specialized plate unless you just like the plate and will pay extra for it.
Florida goes to the entity on the plate except for costs. The endless summer plate with a surfer goes to care of beaches and oceans for example, the school ones go to the individual school booster programs etc.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They want to get rid of Florida Resident APs and have us buy Florida license plates instead? Ok, I'm in. Will the plate get me free parking at least?

ryguy

In Florida, the money goes to the organization. I know the golf plate goes to youth golf foundations/programs around the state.

TTA94

Yeah, I hope you’re right.

Honestly this will be my first time having a specialty plate. Never interested me until now lol. So after the 50th, unless a different design does come out, I should be able to switch back to my old plate? As long as it has the correct registration sticker year of course.

JoeCamel

Honestly this will be my first time having a specialty plate. Never interested me until now lol. So after the 50th, unless a different design does come out, I should be able to switch back to my old plate? As long as it has the correct registration sticker year of course.
"old style" you will get a new number

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Anyone know how to find out if plates have been sent to offices for distribution? The OC Tax Collector website shows statistics on how many pre-sales were made, but doesn’t post when specialty plates will be made available for pick up.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Are these plates still happening?

Article from a couple days ago had a mention of them -

"Two other plates --- for Walt Disney World and the Blue Angels --- will soon be road-ready. Both have outsold the Coastal Conservation Association but remain in the manufacturing phase, according to department spokeswoman Jessica Kelleher.

Walt Disney World has already pre-sold 9,333 plates, far more than the required 3,000 under the 2020 law, while backers of the Blue Angels plate have pre-sold 3,644. "

monorail81

What happens now? Do they contact us or do we need to order it online somehow?
I reached out to my Tax Collector’s office a few weeks ago. She didn’t really seem to know the right answer, especially after she first told me they still hadn’t met the preorder minimum. Then she said they would notify me when they were in the office. The only problem is we have a personalized plate And I don’t just want one of the random numbers from their office. So, I’m still not sure how to get my personalized plate.

Contact your Tax Collector’s office and see what answer they give you and let us know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom