50th. Who’s gonna be there? I will!

mitchk

Original Poster
C55FDDB4-E105-4B0C-9003-D120C398862F.png

Fantasmik

That has been a very long term goal of mine, and up until about a month ago, I was still firmly planning on going. Now, I'm sad to say I'm not sure there is a reason to go for me personally beyond nostalgia. I hope it's a wonderful event and that those there have a fantastic time! Beyond that though, I hope the company has the cast and offerings present to make the current state something worth such a celebration.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I’m booked for a DCL cruise, a stay at WDW for the 50th, and another DCL cruise after. I’ve booked resort and park passes and have an AP voucher.

Now I just need the US to get a grip on COVID-19 before the trip. Canada doesn’t intend to open the border until they do.

I had to reschedule a cruise and already had one booked after WDW, so decided to bookend the 50th with cruises. If I have to cancel, hopefully DCL will continue to be flexible COVID-19 issues, otherwise, I’ll lose a significant deposit.

AndyS2992

I planned to be there, even have two weeks booked off from work ready for it a year out, however looking at what the parks experience is like right now, it just does not look fun at all, nothing big has really been announced for it so that was disappointing and is kinda irresponsible to travel from the UK to US given current situation so sadly I think I'm going to give it a miss. Was at WDW for the 40th and that was a complete non event so was really hoping for something big this time but unfortunately that doesn't look to be the case now.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
I will be there with bells on! I've been looking forward to the 50th Anniversary for a long time and regardless of what the offerings are, there is something special about being in a Disney park on its birthday. One of my favorite park days, ever, was Epcot 35 in 2017. If all goes well, I will still be working remotely next fall so I can make a week out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom