Should we go...?(That is going to be "no".)

KBLovedDisney

Yeah, I posted about my anger in the General Section of this blog site, but after reading so many different perspectives and takes from the TDC's actions....I am ready to go back.

Now, my husband and I desperately need a vacation which I call "reset weeks" that we take at least once a year, he most definitely needs one for sure. The time of our normal reset week has passed as it usually is during the spring.

However, since the time passed, stress has built up with his job and the whole society in pandemic turmoil.

My question to you guys out there, do you think it wise of us to book maybe a small impromptu last minute Disney trip for the beginning of November, like say three weeks away for maybe a three day trip/one day a park?

What do you all think? We need to go somewhere and even though Disney is crowded, they are doing their best trying to take precautions.

Shouldigo12

I don't want to take this as a "if you don't like it don't go, because I don't want to hear any criticism" thing, because it isn't. This is just some genuine advice to you before I answer your question. You seemed pretty done with Disney in your thread, at least with the decisions they're making as a company (maybe not so much on the actual experience they provide?) So before going I think you really should take a minute and think about whether you're going because you still love it and want to go, or if you're going because you want bring back how the Disney of old made you feel.

That said, from what I heard Disney is about as safe as a vacation can get right now. That shouldn't be confused with actually being safe, you're still traveling and around other people. But you probably won't find a place that's trying harder to avoid an outbreak. So if you really need to go somewhere that's probably the best option.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I don't want to take this as a "if you don't like it don't go, because I don't want to hear any criticism" thing, because it isn't. This is just some genuine advice to you before I answer your question. You seemed pretty done with Disney in your thread, at least with the decisions they're making as a company (maybe not so much on the actual experience they provide?) So before going I think you really should take a minute and think about whether you're going because you still love it and want to go, or if you're going because you want bring back how the Disney of old made you feel.

That said, from what I heard Disney is about as safe as a vacation can get right now. That shouldn't be confused with actually being safe, you're still traveling and around other people. But you probably won't find a place that's trying harder to avoid an outbreak. So if you really need to go somewhere that's probably the best option.
There were some posts in my previous thread that kind of opened my eyes in regards to the park and my feelings towards it. Yeah, I don't always agree with the business decisions (these recent ones were pretty drastic), but I don't hate Disney overall. I still hold a love for it deep down and no matter what they are doing and how much they change the parks, I still get the same Disney feels when we go.

Disney being about the safest has been my observations as well. I think now they are actually telling people to wear the masks properly...?

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

There were some posts in my previous thread that kind of opened my eyes in regards to the park and my feelings towards it. Yeah, I don't always agree with the business decisions (these recent ones were pretty drastic), but I don't hate Disney overall. I still hold a love for it deep down and no matter what they are doing and how much they change the parks, I still get the same Disney feels when we go.

Disney being about the safest has been my observations as well. I think now they are actually telling people to wear the masks properly...?
Yeah, I get that. I've been disappointed by some of their decisions this year too. And it looks like they have been pretty strict about masks in the parks, a little less in DS. I've looked at the photos from a few recent trip reports to get a feel for how well they're enforcing that and it looks like they pretty serious about making people keep them on.

Upvote 0

6laurac

Yeah, I get that. I've been disappointed by some of their decisions this year too. And it looks like they have been pretty strict about masks in the parks, a little less in DS. I've looked at the photos from a few recent trip reports to get a feel for how well they're enforcing that and it looks like they pretty serious about making people keep them on.
DS is actually more purposeful about wearing masks and eating while walking than some parks (AK).AK Had lots of nose showing and truly Frustrated me to see CM to not say anything When they were passed. I’m here now and a Couple were eating right in front of the Orange deck escalator and were immediately told to mask up and move. They did too. Heard this Happen at DS several times while walking around.

Upvote 0
I’m not sure what responses you received in your original post but hopefully my infor well help a bit. My family and I were at Disney this past weekend. We go 3 times a year ( Feb, Oct and December). Our take this trip was we did not have a bad enough time to not want to go back but we did not have a good enough time to be excited about our December trip as usual. I thought I might have been a little more prepared since Feb. does not have a lot to offer. So I will let you know about our trip:

Arrived at EPCOT on Thursday about 2:30 pm. We all know the state of EPCOT so I did not let that bother me. We waited about 50 minutes for Test Track, 15 minutes for Soarin, walk on Figment then onto Germany for dinner. The dinner is Germany was awful. Very small portions, cold and not much taste. I realized there would be no buffet but was caught off guard this t about how bad the food was. Also, while I did not think it would bother me, having someone from Puerto Rico check us in and 2 English speaking people seat and wait on us was very weird and just not as fun. To our surprise, the Band was still playing!

Friday was MK day. Park scheduled to open at 9 am but we arrived at 8:30 and the park had just opened. TMRR, Space Mountain, SDMT and Pirates were each operating which was nice. By 10:30 am we had rode TMRR, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Speedway and Space Mountain. Mobile ordered Cosmic Rays then onto more rides. We closed the park down (8:00 pm) and had to wait about 45 minutes for SDMT at 7:00 pm. Overall a good day.

Saturday was HS. Got to the park about 9:15 and the temp check line was all the ay back to the last bus stall. It constantly moved and we were in the park 15 minutes later. At 9:30 ( official park opening was 10:00 am) the wait time for Slinky Dog was 60 minutes, Runway Railway 90 minutes and MFSR was 55 minutes. As posted everywhere it was definitely the busiest park. Stayed until 5 pm and ended up riding everything but did not get a boarding group for Rise.

Sunday was AK. Park opened at 7 am. We arrived about 8:30 and waited 80 minutes for Flight of Passage. Had lunch, walked on Safari and left. We were very hot after waiting so long for Flight.

Monday was back at MK for half day. Opened at 8:00 am and we arrived about 7:45. Walked on TMRR and rode 3 times on a row. Then onto Haunted Mansion, a Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo before 11:00 am lunch.

Sorry for the s long post but I wanted to let you know you can still have a great time. I’ve been going to Disney since 1982 so have seen a lot of changes. While this time was obviously very different, weird, upsetting or whatever you want to call it, we all know this is not the Disney we have come to Love. Did I notice cost cutting measures...Sure! Did Iike the lack of entertainment? Of course not! Was I very upset that the Confectionery did not have freshly
made cotton candy and the normal variety of Rice Krispie treats? You betcha!

DO I STILL LOVE DISNEYWORLD? Of course, of course, of course...The one thing all of the changes cannot take away is all of my wonderful memories as a child and those with my child. That’s why I go back and that’s why I will continue to go back!

While we may not agree with the business decisions, etc., if we ever want to see DisneyWorld return to somewhat normal we need to support the Park. It will be a slow process but I cross my fingers it will come back bigger and better than ever before!

Oh, yes there were CM‘s telling people to wear masks properly. Hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of every ride as well as within the line. Most lines had plexiglass once you went inside, frequent cleaning of rides and dining areas. Felt 100% safe bit found it strange nobody cared how close we all were entering or exiting the parks or in stores but did care in lines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

macefamily

We've done it twice in the past four months. I do have to say that it's not the Disney you've known for years. There are sacrifices and new rules to abide by, but the heart of the Magic is still there. It was also somewhat appealing to be walking down Main Street at noon with only about fifty other people. Hollywood Studios was still jammed with patrons. The wait times were almost the same as usual. That wasn't very pleasant. Not all of our favorite restaurants were available for dining, but we managed to still enjoy the parks' offerings. Nonetheless, we were at Disney as a family, and that's really what it's all about.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This one is tough... what cemented "not going" is no longer COVID, for us.
Everyone just got fired. Our friends are gone, and there really isn't anything to go TO :(.

We'll keep our DVC in 2021... but if WDW fails to deliver a park? Bailing :(. Likely to cancel our booked APR 2021 trip, as we can't find anything worth visiting :(.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
This one is tough... what cemented "not going" is no longer COVID, for us.
Everyone just got fired. Our friends are gone, and there really isn't anything to go TO :(.

We'll keep our DVC in 2021... but if WDW fails to deliver a park? Bailing :(. Likely to cancel our booked APR 2021 trip, as we can't find anything worth visiting :(.
It was COVID that originally cemented it for us, but like you, everyone getting fired really hurts. I'm sure it hurts terrible for the people themselves who lost their job, but it also hurts for us Disney-park goers.

This is no longer the Disney I grew up with, nor even the Disney from a few years ago.

Nope, we probably won't be going back for a long time...

😢

Disney, what the heck happened to you...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom