Looking for Space 220 patent

Buffalo

Original Poster
Sometime in the past 18-24 months I came across a Disney patent that had very clear visualizations of what Space 220 might look like. I know it had rounded screen images. I don't know what the patent was for but was hoping someone might know what I'm talking about and can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Schweino

I've been hunting trying to find some information about when it opens. We are going to be at Epcot on 11/28 and have some small hope that Space 220 plans to be open by then <3

nickys

Premium Member
I've been hunting trying to find some information about when it opens. We are going to be at Epcot on 11/28 and have some small hope that Space 220 plans to be open by then <3
I think the chance are zero to be honest.

There really is no reason for them to open this now with guest numbers so low. Might as well wait and open it as part of a new drive for guests in the Spring. Plus it’s operated by Patina, who I think have staff on furlough and restaurants shuttered just now.

HouCuseChickie

There are a couple other sites, some of which cannot be named 🤣 , saying that the new target date is some time in March 2021. It's all still rumor, but I don't think you'll see it open in November. I've pretty much lost hope of seeing it open in February.

mousedroid

I think the chance are zero to be honest.

There really is no reason for them to open this now with guest numbers so low. Might as well wait and open it as part of a new drive for guests in the Spring. Plus it’s operated by Patina, who I think have staff on furlough and restaurants shuttered just now.
I would think a time of low attendance would be a good time to open. It would give them a chance to work out the kinks with less pressure on the servers and staff.

That said, if the business model is such that it will only be profitable if it is operated at, or near, full capacity all the time, then I could see them not opening early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom