Favorite resort lunch

ELG13

Original Poster
We will be in Orlando in December ( not for Disney 😭) so I know much can change between now and then. But where is your favorite resort lunch for places that are currently open? We would like to be able to run over to the campgrounds as well so help with the logistics on that from the lunch spot would be great as well! I can't see to keep up with what boats are running, when, and the times so I thought you find people would be the perfect experts to ask. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I recommend Whispering Canyon at WL. Holiday decor at the Lodge can’t be beat.

However there won’t be direct boat (or bus) transport between WL and Ft. Wilderness. If you would rather not drive to the campgrounds, you could take the boat from WL to MK and then transfer to the Ft. Wilderness boat. Slow going, but a very pretty ride. :happy:

castlecake2.0

My faves are The Wave at the Contemporary and Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. If you eat at The Wave you could walk over to Magic Kingdom and take the boat transport to Fort Wilderness. Also a thought if you make a reservation at any of the monorail resorts you could spend some time resort hopping. I hope you have a great time!

ELG13

Original Poster

However there won’t be direct boat (or bus) transport between WL and Ft. Wilderness. If you would rather not drive to the campgrounds, you could take the boat from WL to MK and then transfer to the Ft. Wilderness boat. Slow going, but a very pretty ride. :happy:
Oh my gosh I totally forgot that the Christmas decor would be up!! We were leaving towards WL anyways because that's always one of our musts for dinner when we go. Is the bar opened yet? I thought I heard it was closed. I don't mind leisurely boat rides. It's one of my favorite thing about staying at the Fort!! Are they still letting people resort hop or will we need to be "picking up take out" from P&J's in order to make it on the campgrounds? I just want to get to the trading post and maybe enjoy a beverage on the porch. We are going to universal for a work Christmas party so no kids with us and I'd like to enjoy our time there!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Oh my gosh I totally forgot that the Christmas decor would be up!! We were leaving towards WL anyways because that's always one of our musts for dinner when we go. Is the bar opened yet? I thought I heard it was closed. I don't mind leisurely boat rides. It's one of my favorite thing about staying at the Fort!! Are they still letting people resort hop or will we need to be "picking up take out" from P&J's in order to make it on the campgrounds? I just want to get to the trading post and maybe enjoy a beverage on the porch. We are going to universal for a work Christmas party so no kids with us and I'd like to enjoy our time there!!
The Territory Lounge has not reopened yet, but you can still get a drink at lunch at WC. Geyser Point Bar and Grill (@castlecake2.0 ’s recommendation) is open and also a good choice for outdoor dining.

If you arrive by boat to Ft. Wilderness you are free to explore whatever you want and no one will question you.

ELG13

Original Poster
Oh geyser point! I always forget about them! Are they on the list for ADRs or is it more like a pool side (lake side) dining option?? That my guy be nice since we've never done it

Lilofan

One unique ritual some fellow guests partake in is some come in their pajamas and sit around the Wilderness Lodge lobby all night drinking coffee to stay awake and watch Disney magic in action. The Disney decorators work in the middle of the night to put up the decorations in the Lodge.

ELG13

Original Poster
One unique ritual some fellow guests partake in is some come in their pajamas and sit around the Wilderness Lodge lobby all night drinking coffee to stay awake and watch Disney magic in action. The Disney decorators work in the middle of the night to put up the decorations in the Lodge.
I love everything about this!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom