News Gelateria Toscana - Construction between Italy and American Adventure pavilions

UNCgolf

You're more than 99% most likely correct, but don't we owe it to them to actually install/complete the construction before we grab our pitch forks?

I was just going off the photos. If that's the entire building, then it's impossible for it to be anything other than a walk-up.

UNCgolf

This stand is taking over a place that wasn't being used for traffic to begin with. And most importantly, it's not lakeside.

That's the only upside -- beyond the fact that more gelato is good and they should have had one in Italy a long time ago -- that it's not out on the main thoroughfare.

It still would have made far more sense to actually put it inside the pavilion, which has an entire empty side and needs more.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
And here it is installed

La-Gelateria_Full_40593.jpg

castlecake2.0

Looks similar to how they installed the turkey leg house at america, has that prefab look and un themed interior and doesn’t quite fit the scale properly. The one in America always bothered me because it fits the theme, but doesn’t fit the story. Why would this grand house have a little playhouse in its front yard? Would have looked better if it were designed as a stable or work shed or something. Am I making sense? Lol

Prototype82

Looks similar to how they installed the turkey leg house at america, has that prefab look and un themed interior and doesn’t quite fit the scale properly. The one in America always bothered me because it fits the theme, but doesn’t fit the story. Why would this grand house have a little playhouse in its front yard? Would have looked better if it were designed as a stable or work shed or something. Am I making sense? Lol
I totally get what you're saying about scale. It has a tiny faux 2-story behind it that doesn't seem to match the sizing of the building next to it at all. It's not terrible... lol Reserving judgement to see if landscaping can ground it in place. Is that some kind of pedestal and garden wall between it and the original building? Might help. We'll see?

EricsBiscuit

I went to Mt Vernon last week. It’s almost out of frame but the kitchen is actually to the right when facing the mansion and the Potomac. There are also other ancillary buildings to the left out of frame. Further, the slave quarters are behind me to the left by the garden. The store house to the right of me. Paint shop and other buildings to the right of that. Point is: big mansions from the 18th century had many buildings attached or just a stone’s throw away, especially kitchens.
4D019078-A479-4663-8B93-D82108860A41.jpeg

EricsBiscuit

Isn’t one of their new movies coming out in Italy? Hopefully it does well so they can build an attraction in the pavilion. I love Italy!

castlecake2.0

I went to Mt Vernon last week. It’s almost out of frame but the kitchen is actually to the right when facing the mansion and the Potomac. There are also other ancillary buildings to the left out of frame. Further, the slave quarters are behind me to the left by the garden. The store house to the right of me. Paint shop and other buildings to the right of that. Point is: big mansions from the 18th century had many buildings attached or just a stone’s throw away, especially kitchens.View attachment 524249
I see what you’re saying, and agree, I just feel they got the look of the building wrong. It looks prefabbed and plopped there and doesn’t look “real”. How they added in the smoker area out front of regal eagle looks like it belongs, like you describe in your picture, as an out kitchen almost. The fife and drum building just looks too fake to me, especially with its break room-like unthemed interior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom