News Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island closing for lengthy refurbishment

DCBaker

Premium Member
87B6DAE7-C377-4C94-9B5C-6F40FCF07FBC.jpeg

SteamboatJoe

You mean like Disneyland did?

Things have been considered.

I'd support this...IF: a) it was for a worthy attraction or mini-land; and b) it meant MK got the kind of scenery DL has around the northern bend for both the riverboat and the train.

EDIT: A condition being the riverboat has to still be running and not just become a stationary walk-thru M&G area.

SteamboatJoe

The Liberty Belle plying the Rivers of America is probably one of the greatest scenes in all of WDW.

The only thing that could make ROA even better is its own sailing ship. I wish they had arranged things in such a way where a sailing ship departed from Liberty Square while the riverboat simultaneously departed from a separate dock opposite Liberty Square in Frontierland. It would've been more contextually appropriate. I imagine they didn't want to deal with the logistics or designs that would've been required to do this.

Last edited:

Dutch Inn '76

I totally agree with your Tron idea. I like the idea of a bigger and better PPF but would Pirates there and in Advland seem redundant? Either way, I agree that besides Dumbo it seems like a wasted opportunity. It's like they wanted to keep Dumbo (a classic for sure) but they didn't really have any good idea so they just made it a carnival and rethemed Goofy.

Whoa - look out there. I think the carnival is beautiful. It's my wife's favorite part of NFL. We only wish that there was more PETE!

Fox&Hound

Whoa - look out there. I think the carnival is beautiful. It's my wife's favorite part of NFL. We only wish that there was more PETE!

Haha, I like the carnival too. For what it is, I think they did a good job but it seems like a missed opportunity. I totally agree Pete should be a part of it. The tent where you meet Minnie and company dressed up like circus performers seems like the most wasted opportunity. Why not random character you never meet?

Dutch Inn '76

Haha, I like the carnival too. For what it is, I think they did a good job but it seems like a missed opportunity. I totally agree Pete should be a part of it. The tent where you meet Minnie and company dressed up like circus performers seems like the most wasted opportunity. Why not random character you never meet?
Pete gets more use in the newer Disney Channel animated shows, and he's one of my 6-year-old's favorites. Maybe that means we'll see more of Pete in the future. :)

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Pete gets more use in the newer Disney Channel animated shows, and he's one of my 6-year-old's favorites. Maybe that means we'll see more of Pete in the future. :)
You can always see more of Pete! Just go to customer service and ask for him! The CM named Pete they bring out may be a little confused, but hey, Disney magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom