Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

Phil12

I'm sorry, I'm just not going to be able to adjust to Kermit's new voice. It totally takes me out of the show or video. It just isn't Kermit.
Yes you're right. Steve Whitmire was never able to nail down Kermit's voice. However, Matt Vogel now sounds like the real (Jim Henson) Kermit. But for 26 years we had to suffer listening to Steve Whitmire's terrible version.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes you're right. Steve Whitmire was never able to nail down Kermit's voice. However, Matt Vogel now sounds like the real (Jim Henson) Kermit. But for 26 years we had to suffer listening to Steve Whitmire's terrible version.

I always think of this, it's like with The Looney Tunes..You can't match up with Mel Blanc..everyone tries..But, it's not the same just like the Muppets..

Last edited:

Tom P.

Everyone is different. I'm sure you don't hear things the same as me. But I grew up on Jim Henson's Kermit and my favorite era of the Muppets is still The Muppet Show. And I can hear none of Jim Henson's Kermit in Matt Vogel's performance.

Tom Morrow

Steve Whitmire sounded like a distinct but close approximation to Jim Henson's Kermit. This doesn't sound like either of them to me even if he is doing a good job reproducing the style of speaking. His voice is just too deep and raspy.

Jones14

What’s more important than the voice to me is the physicality and energy, and I feel like Matt nails Kermit in that respect.

I also think that to an extent it’s just about getting used to hearing it consistently. I grew up with Whitmire’s Kermit, so when I was a kid and we saw Muppetvision I always wondered why Kermit sounded like he had a cold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom