Pre-Trip Pandemonium in a Pandemic! A DisneyGigi Pre-Trip Report.

Pandemonium in a Pandemic! A DisneyGigi Pre-trip Report 11-1~11-7

Even if this can’t happen this trip and I wish it was 2019 again- I am going home!
BB903946-4CE1-4397-878E-EBD90BAE014F.jpeg

2020... what a year thus far. I don’t like you very much by the way. I can’t wait to slam the door as you go out the door. Here is hoping for a much better 2021!

I am going to skip most things to not be ridiculously long winded and give the highlights. Aka, the cheat sheet. ;)

May trip cancelled due to concerns about Covid, then called Corona.
9E941529-BE8F-437C-A82A-B01BD44DB81A.jpeg

Quarantine and really bad hair. Being bored and dressing up as Tiger King.
2DC7AB31-41F8-42AA-A847-3E7ADB3C522F.jpeg

(Thank God for Netflix and no we had not had any drinks, it was 9:00 am after binge watching Tiger King.)

April, getting hair done, at home- because the threat of Corona wasn’t near as bad as bad roots. Disney still closed.

I will never drink another Corona again as long as I live. To be fair, I don’t care for beer anyway.

May, Pool time! I am happy to have the sun and pool. Staying home still so getting to me.
F40B21AC-1863-4289-B274-4597527BC1A5.jpeg

Also made a to go lunch for my Momma for Mother’s Day and a big bouquet of flowers that I dropped off. Had not seen her since March!

June- Pool is great, garden is great. I am so bored and over it.

July- Figuring out how to host a socially distanced baby shower. Buy an expensive wedding tent to host, complete with portable air conditioning (first haircut & color in a salon)
Worked out beautifully, Gave me something to do and nobody got sick.
23C62694-9EA2-4B20-B69B-8823F253E86B.jpeg

C1A166A6-ED04-400D-B662-12B187AF77CF.jpeg

August- Stressing over not going for our Anniversary, then a little girl showed up. A bit early, and had some struggles. Made everything else seem so unimportant.
Seeing a baby with that many tubes, takes away anything else.

Being home in August/September let me can, something I haven’t done in a few years, and I have put up over 150 jars. I am very appreciative for getting that love back for putting up my own food.

September- Tinker is doing amazing. So thankful and blessed- and thankful to all my Magicians for thoughts, love, prayers and pixie dust sent our way. *credit to @Darstarr for the name. ;) *

Bright open eyes and healthy as can be! 😘
9A22F0CD-DB7E-4C96-B7F8-5A83D8BE83D8.jpeg

I am still canning like a crazy lady, and keeping Stinker, so this may take awhile to get everything posted-

The cast-

Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin-

Oh wait, DisneyGigi, and DisneyB,

6931FCB0-DCB5-437D-BEAC-E8F0B43310CA.jpeg

The where- November 1-7 Coronado Springs, of course.

Driving, which means a short stay at the beach so I don’t have to be in a car for 8 1/2 hours and drive B nuts.

I have to be here for Halloween, as messed up as things are in 2020. The kids will get gallons of candy at my house. Oh wait, they get that every year.

As soon as I have time will update with parks. Just blessed to be going. I have been smothering in this whole new world.

No dining reservations at this point, again just glad to be going. So many of our faves are still closed anyway. It is a wing it kind of trip. No fast passes, a park a day? For Notorious Park Hoppers.

Pure Pandemonium in a Pandemic for a Planner.

Say that 3 times fast.

Stay tuned, and as always thanks for following. Planning and posting here is half the fun for me.

A5CA3AA7-9A4B-40D7-ABAC-3AC30ECD3F48.gif

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Aww! So happy for you. So glad Tinker is doing well.

Thank you! She is such a sweet little thing. She sleeps the whole time every time I see her though. I have yet to see the wide open eyes in person.
Can't wait to follow along, we'll just be getting back from our adventures as you set off on yours! (October 21-26).
I hate we are gonna miss each other by that little!

Yays all around! Especially for dressing up at 9 am! Are you going to greet the trick or treaters that way?

Can't wait to follow along!
Lol, we should. I am notorious for dressing up for Halloween. We used to do a Haunted Corn Maze and I always did the Exorcist. That was with the teens though for the little ones I may go back to My old Raggedy Ann. ;)
Let's GO!
Glad to have you here @fractal
Along for the fun! Your shower set up was gorgeous!
Thanks for joining in & thank you. I am still shocked B didn’t kill me for the cost of everything. I don’t half do anything. Major OCD, Monica Gellar planner. It gave me something to do and over-plan after being stuck here for so long. I think that is the only reason he didn’t have a stroke or kill me! 😂

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well, I officially ran out of canning lids yesterday so I have a little time to update with plans.

Another funny thing in the Co-vid world is that for the first time in my life I had trouble finding canning supplies. I guess a Pandemic brings back the dying art of canning food. Thankfully I have 60 more on the way that should be enough to finish putting peppers and beans up.

A few pics of my creations. ;)
B60F79B5-2F7D-4AE8-829A-0C0F9381C830.jpeg
A1E49753-D190-4151-89A5-407BC2910C92.jpeg
46E00B8F-82E2-4B16-BCFF-B17BB0207C97.jpeg
9762F384-68E9-464B-AF5F-A004B021FBE1.jpeg

So on with the plans. 43 days to go and this it for plans. This is very weird for a serious planner. 😑

I have 2 days each MK and DHS 1 each Epcot and AK.

It is going to feel so weird not to park hop.

I will probably do a Mama Melrose one of the DHS days. My other thought was Art Smith’s but no evening is available right now. I don’t want to waste park hours when they are shortened so much. We will probably do dinner at the resort at 3 Bridges, assuming it will be open. I haven’t even had time to look. If not somewhere in Disney Springs. I am used to going pretty late and I will not want to end the day that early.

One thing I am thankful for is that being a germaphobe, I never ran out of Clorox Wipes or hand sanitizer because I buy in bulk. I have plenty to take with me and plenty of masks, both cloth and disposable. It is funny, not many people wear them here. (Maybe half the people, we have very few cases here so far) I do in a store, but not outside. I rip it off as soon as I am out of the building. The only thing I truly worry about is getting claustrophobic having it on so long. I could not have went in the heat of summer I don’t believe.

And I also realized I started report without kitty pictures!

Roxie & Zuma
22FDA290-5918-49CC-916C-BADB5E1D77B1.jpeg

and Cookie, my stray kitty. She is getting really tame now. I had a setback because someone trapped her and had her spayed, thus the missing chunk of her ear. Apparently that is how they know she is fixed. I was convinced she had been ran over or left, so I was thrilled when she showed back up. She will sniff my hand and comes when I call her now.

16319060-7B9A-4DDD-B186-3BA828000702.jpeg

Attachments

• 791F8A1B-155C-467D-966D-7A081A4FAC95.jpeg
    791F8A1B-155C-467D-966D-7A081A4FAC95.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 230

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I can’t believe how big Stinker looks in his swim trunks. And that Tinker 💕. I hope she blesses her Gigi with open eyes one of these days soon 😀

I know, he is getting so tall. Big enough to ride most of the big rides! She will open one lol, and check me out then sleep the whole time. She does perk up when she hears my voice and then right back out.

edit- never mind, must have been a glitch on app
Can anyone that has been, since reopening tell me if table services in park are available during lunch?

I want to do California Grill, for the Sushi, but not at 9:00 or 9:30 pm.

So much isn’t available or open that we would usually choose.

donaldtoo

Pandemonium in a Pandemic! A DisneyGigi Pre-trip Report 11-1~11-7

Even if this can’t happen this trip and I wish it was 2019 again- I am going home!
View attachment 498356
2020... what a year thus far. I don’t like you very much by the way. I can’t wait to slam the door as you go out the door. Here is hoping for a much better 2021!

I am going to skip most things to not be ridiculously long winded and give the highlights. Aka, the cheat sheet. ;)

May trip cancelled due to concerns about Covid, then called Corona.
View attachment 498357
Quarantine and really bad hair. Being bored and dressing up as Tiger King.
View attachment 498358
(Thank God for Netflix and no we had not had any drinks, it was 9:00 am after binge watching Tiger King.)

April, getting hair done, at home- because the threat of Corona wasn’t near as bad as bad roots. Disney still closed.

I will never drink another Corona again as long as I live. To be fair, I don’t care for beer anyway.

May, Pool time! I am happy to have the sun and pool. Staying home still so getting to me.
View attachment 498367
Also made a to go lunch for my Momma for Mother’s Day and a big bouquet of flowers that I dropped off. Had not seen her since March!

June- Pool is great, garden is great. I am so bored and over it.

July- Figuring out how to host a socially distanced baby shower. Buy an expensive wedding tent to host, complete with portable air conditioning (first haircut & color in a salon)
Worked out beautifully, Gave me something to do and nobody got sick.
View attachment 498373
View attachment 498374

August- Stressing over not going for our Anniversary, then a little girl showed up. A bit early, and had some struggles. Made everything else seem so unimportant.
Seeing a baby with that many tubes, takes away anything else.

Being home in August/September let me can, something I haven’t done in a few years, and I have put up over 150 jars. I am very appreciative for getting that love back for putting up my own food.

September- Tinker is doing amazing. So thankful and blessed- and thankful to all my Magicians for thoughts, love, prayers and pixie dust sent our way. *credit to @Darstarr for the name. ;) *

Bright open eyes and healthy as can be! 😘
View attachment 498377

I am still canning like a crazy lady, and keeping Stinker, so this may take awhile to get everything posted-

The cast-

Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin-

Oh wait, DisneyGigi, and DisneyB,

View attachment 498379

The where- November 1-7 Coronado Springs, of course.

Driving, which means a short stay at the beach so I don’t have to be in a car for 8 1/2 hours and drive B nuts.

I have to be here for Halloween, as messed up as things are in 2020. The kids will get gallons of candy at my house. Oh wait, they get that every year.

As soon as I have time will update with parks. Just blessed to be going. I have been smothering in this whole new world.

No dining reservations at this point, again just glad to be going. So many of our faves are still closed anyway. It is a wing it kind of trip. No fast passes, a park a day? For Notorious Park Hoppers.

Pure Pandemonium in a Pandemic for a Planner.

Say that 3 times fast.

Stay tuned, and as always thanks for following. Planning and posting here is half the fun for me.

View attachment 498389

Sooooo very happy to hear Tinker is doin’ so great, and sooo very glad to hear of y’all’s upcoming trip...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: Life’s sometimes a crazy-a** ride, but, I’ll take it every single day over the dirt nap alternative...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom