News Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon to remain closed until March 2021

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
For the record, I am very critical of DeSantis’s response to...everything, but COVID-19, in particular. However, I struggle to believe it would not have made national news if there were clusters of illness from any of the Central Florida parks. The news agencies love headlines critical of theme parks. I somehow doubt NBCUniversal or Disney are able to quash such stories on CNN. I’m sure Anderson would love a free trip to Disney World or Islands of Adventure but that only goes so far.

Even California Gov. Newsom admitted yesterday that Disney’s response (and presumably Universal’s) to the pandemic has been strong. His concerns lie squarely on the attraction of outside tourism to Anaheim, not on Disney’s safety record.
Giggle. Yep die
On that sword. 😷

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
See also: 28k layoffs.
This is broke?

BACF52E5-DA78-4FF7-87C6-8DC0C42A29AB.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"The wait is finally over! Cast members will begin returning soon to prepare Disney’s Blizzard Beach for its scheduled reopening on March 7, 2021. First opened to the public on April 1, 1995, this spring will kick off Blizzard Beach’s 25th season. In honor of this exciting news – here are seven fun facts you may not have known about Disney’s wintry-themed water park."

Last edited:

surfsupdon

"The wait is finally over! Cast members will begin returning soon to prepare Disney’s Blizzard Beach for its scheduled reopening on March 7, 2021. First opened to the public on April 1, 1995, this spring will kick off Blizzard Beach’s 25th season. In honor of this exciting news – here are seven fun facts you may not have known about Disney’s wintry-themed water park."

Darn. They picked the wrong one to open!!

007mickey

Are "park reservations" going to be required for BB? I believe they are still selling Park Hopper Plus Option tickets, just curious if any changes on that end were being made.

grogu21

Does anyone know what the mask policy will be for a waterpark?
From Disney...

Face coverings will be required in designated areas for each Guest age 2 and up, including but not limited to the park entrance and exit, retail areas, and food and beverage ordering areas.

Face coverings will not be permitted while experiencing water slides or in the water. You may also remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are "park reservations" going to be required for BB? I believe they are still selling Park Hopper Plus Option tickets, just curious if any changes on that end were being made.
“At this time a park reservation is not required to visit a water park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Water parks are subject to rehabilitation, seasonal, weather and capacity closures.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom