Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

Dave B

Would love it if they completely changed that pool and made it somewhat comparable to Storm a long bay obviously limited in space, but that pool sucks, and YES get rid of the clown

Club Cooloholic

I saw this and at first was like yup, that's my luck, we are headed there in November, but then saw that it is supposed to be done by the end of October.

HouCuseChickie

I'm really hoping this leads to a clown-free pool zone. It's really my only major knock against the resort (I have a clown-fearing kid). 🤡 My only concern is the stated time-frame. Do we think this is enough time for them to transform this from something other than creepy clown to something cool?

HouCuseChickie

No way. #Keep-WDW-Weird.

Now if they really wanted Boardwalk creepy and weird...they should replace the clown with Tillie (old Asbury Park Palace)...
1600358475569.png

HouCuseChickie

Is that Asbury Park?!

I know there was a similar one in Coney Island, but I remember the Asbury Park one from when I was a kid. That thing terrified me! I was just reading up on it...painted in Asbury Park in the mid 50s and came down when the Palace was demolished in the early 2000s. I think measures were taken to save some of it, but not sure on the specifics.

Club Cooloholic

I know there was a similar one in Coney Island, but I remember the Asbury Park one from when I was a kid. That thing terrified me! I was just reading up on it...painted in Asbury Park in the mid 50s and came down when the Palace was demolished in the early 2000s. I think measures were taken to save some of it, but not sure on the specifics.
I was traveling in the area for work a year ago and checked out Asbury, there is still some of it preserved.

fngoofy

I'm really hoping this leads to a clown-free pool zone. It's really my only major knock against the resort (I have a clown-fearing kid). 🤡 My only concern is the stated time-frame. Do we think this is enough time for them to transform this from something other than creepy clown to something cool?

You don't have a "clown-fearing kid", you have a sensible child and the rest of the family simply doesn't see the evil.

How appropriate that they have a clown presiding since they all float down there.
Cheese and rice, the darn thing even has deadlights in its eyes.

HouCuseChickie

You don't have a "clown-fearing kid", you have a sensible child and the rest of the family simply doesn't see the evil.

How appropriate that they have a clown presiding since they all float down there.
Cheese and rice, the darn thing even has deadlights in its eyes.

Have you seen the 'It' themed Halloween storm drain door mat? While the Pennywise image in my head from my first time reading the book is scarier than anything Hollywood has produced, this doormat looks like a metal storm drain with the Peter Skarsgard version of Pennywise visible below (and partly obscured) the drain grates. It'll make trick-or-treaters think twice about getting close enough to ring your doorbell 🤣 Although, it's still nothing compared to one of my Dr. Who loving neighbors who rigged an animated and illuminated 2D angel on his door to transform into a Weeping Angel when the bell is rung.

Oh how I love Halloween! OK...I have really strayed from the BW pool topic. Ooops :oops:

nickys

Premium Member
That kinda looks like they are working on the clown. I really hope it doesn't get replaced, I am staying there in a month and really wanted to see it in person, keep WDW weird!
Post Edit:. So I see the clown is gone per another site ☹️. Hope it's replaced by maybe a lions mouth or something!
Well there were tweets circulating with the clown definitely chopped up and being put in the back of a truck.

Unless they’ve brought a new one in there is no Clown behind those boards.

Club Cooloholic

Well there were tweets circulating with the clown definitely chopped up and being put in the back of a truck.

Unless they’ve brought a new one in there is no Clown behind those boards.
Its a little sad something that was both loved and feared by so many guests ends up just chopped up in the back of a truck. You just know there are collectors that would have paid for that clown to put out in their own backyard pool! Though maybe it had to be chopped up just to pull it out.

HouCuseChickie

It's funny...with the discounts that just came out, I switched our lodging to BWV. When I told the kids, one was bothered because she is freaked out by the clown, while the other was excited because she felt the clown was iconic and a unique feature to the resort. When I broke the news, we had a complete flip in emotions. Now one is happy that there will no longer be a freaky clown, while the other is ticked off that something else iconic is now gone. Can't please everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom