Thanksgiving Restaurant Recommendations?

ThunderRebel

Original Poster
We'll be at Disney during the week of Thanksgiving - got a PIN code and just couldn't resist planning a trip. Ended up with a theme park view at Contemporary so this will be a new resort for us. Now it's time to make park reservations for each day. Any suggestions for which park - and which restaurant - is ideal for a Thanksgiving meal?

JIMINYCR

Friends of ours have gone to WDW every Thanksgiving week as a family tradition for the past 20+ years and they always go MK and book Liberty Tree Tavern.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think we should not expect the buffets, at least how they have been traditionally done.

IMO I think its going to gravitate towards the Ohana model where you'll get a skillet full of food at your table in an all you care to eat type of environment. I agree that the traditional buffet is dead for the foreseeable future.

Figgy1

Premium Member
IMO I think its going to gravitate towards the Ohana model where you'll get a skillet full of food at your table in an all you care to eat type of environment. I agree that the traditional buffet is dead for the foreseeable future.
I don't see how they're going to open Ohana with the rennovations but a trip over to WL lodge for skillets would be fun and the place looks amazing decorated for Christmas

BASS

Capa at the four seasons has an unbeatable meal For Thanksgiving. It’s not far from your hotel either.

I knew you'd suggest this(!), and I second it. Not only is the restaurant other-worldly, but since it's at the Four Seasons, you're going to have a fairly high-end clientele and likely greater adherence to mask policy, less people, and more privacy. I've only been once, but my recollection is that the tables were fairly well spaced apart from what I can recall too, so it's not a cattle-call like others.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I knew you'd suggest this(!), and I second it. Not only is the restaurant other-worldly, but since it's at the Four Seasons, you're going to have a fairly high-end clientele and likely greater adherence to mask policy, less people, and more privacy. I've only been once, but my recollection is that the tables were fairly well spaced apart from what I can recall too, so it's not a cattle-call like others.
DITTO :). CAPA is excellent :).

Hockey89

100% and the food quality is light years better than Liberty T lol. Like lol. The spacing is good during non covid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK would be the classic choice, I think. Though you may prefer food options elsewhere - matter of taste preference.

Nya...food isn’t very good
I think we should not expect the buffets, at least how they have been traditionally done.
They’ve all but admitted that.
Probably...in a way that would be to their advantage. People will eat less naturally at the same or even higher fixed prices

HouCuseChickie

ITM (probably one of many who did) posted a rundown last year of places offering Thanksgiving meals in 2019. With everything going on this year, there are no guarantees we'll see as many special menus this year, but it's worth a look. I have a friend going at Thanksgiving this year and we were using this in conjunction with past dining experiences to help guide her choice.

Personally, I am not a fan of LTT. It's also going to be the toughest ADR to get since everyone associates it with Thanksgiving food. I think my friend is leaning towards The Wave (assuming it's an option) because of reviews, personal past experience with general dining and price point. Obviously, it's not in a park, but it is park adjacent. If it were me, Capa (which did not make ITM's page) or Tiffin's sound the most appealing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom