News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Skywise

Ugh - they white aluminum'd the ceiling underneath the monorails too?! That looks AWFUL. (edit - was that area open to the monorails before? I think it was just wood covered but I can't recall now - I'll have to check my photos)

Also that white pond bottom doesn't work for me. I thought it was maybe to give a "sandbar" type look but given the other foliage it's not that. It just looks weird in the photos.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

A look at the recently reopened main entrance at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort​

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_44164.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ugh - they white aluminum'd the ceiling underneath the monorails too?! That looks AWFUL.

Also that white pond bottom doesn't work for me. I thought it was maybe to give a "sandbar" type look but given the other foliage it's not that. It just looks weird in the photos.
…looks like concrete that may look “a touch” like sand if you squint 90%

Disney Analyst

Vegas Disney Fan

B4C4BEAC-6AEE-4143-9505-09FBC76B42EB.jpeg

It’s similar to the concept art but they left out the details, odd since some carved (looking plexiglass) panels to put around the columns to make them square and decorative wouldn’t be that expensive, a slightly darker ceiling would be an easy fix too.

While I agree it’s a bit bland at least it should be an easy plus in the future.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

View attachment 587611
It’s similar to the concept art but they left out the details, odd since some carved (looking plexiglass) panels to put around the columns to make them square and decorative wouldn’t be that expensive, a slightly darker ceiling would be an easy fix too.

While I agree it’s a bit bland at least it should be an easy plus in the future.

Good catch on those details, I wonder if that is still to come? Like pieces that fit over the existing columns?

lazyboy97o

Good catch on those details, I wonder if that is still to come? Like pieces that fit over the existing columns?
I’m thinking yes? Hopefully. I do really think supply chain issues are causing some issues here.
Why would you take finish hardscape right up to a column that is hidden and do a different material that would be obscured by a wrap? Why would you do round columns that you’d have to further furr out and make bigger instead of square so you have a surface to anchor a wrap? And even if they did all that, it would only be a few at front and not places like the monorail station where light fixtures have been installed.

James Alucobond

Why would you take finish hardscape right up to a column that is hidden and do a different material that would be obscured by a wrap? Why would you do round columns that you’d have to further furr out and make bigger instead of square so you have a surface to anchor a wrap? And even if they did all that, it would only be a few at front and not places like the monorail station where light fixtures have been installed.
The ones at the front also already have copper downspouts affixed with caging around them. If they were going to add detailing to those, they could only really do it on the sides. I'm not sure how what's shown in the concept art would be achievable at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom