News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from today

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_41949.jpg

Weather_Lady

It's exciting to see so much happening. Not only does it include visible progress on the "bridge" from the station to the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House, but beneath it there's a whole lotta digging going on and some pipes sticking up. Hopefully this is an indicator that the water features along the ground-level walkway will return.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

anyone know the status of dvc rooms being refurbished? I read somewhere it was bumped up to this year instead of next year, so was just wondering what that may look like by later september.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
anyone know the status of dvc rooms being refurbished? I read somewhere it was bumped up to this year instead of next year, so was just wondering what that may look like by later september.

@danlb_2000 shared that the permits have been filed for the three longhouses and all bungalows, that contractor is Balfour Beatty, and that permit end date is late November 2022, so basically only what's in the permits themselves.

There's speculation about the extent given the specific contractor and the permit request length. I think the permit length speculation is reading too much because best guess is that they want to minimize the number of rooms under refurbishment at once given the 50th. Which, now that I think about it, it is interesting timing to take any of these rooms offline during the 50th of not only MK but also Poly itself.

peter11435

they used to bring in huge mature plant stock years ago... but these look like garden center pots...even in Florida that will take a while to fill in... more than 4 months...though it will look better in 4 months than now.
They still bring in mature trees and plants when necessary. Look at Pandora and parts of GE. This is how they have always handled landscaping replacements at the Polynesian.

Bocabear

I don't believe any of the Trader Sam's merch ever had the image from the Jungle Cruise...
Trader Sam's was a completely different animal...
And if they no longer talk about him or show him on the Jungle Cruise, the character could be anyone...
A WW2 pilot ... Sam McKinney, (Friend of Jock Lindsey)....that was stranded on an island in Polynesia after his plane went down....for 2 years before being rescued...and came home to create a loving tribute to the islands he is desperate to get back to...
There! Problem solved... Easy backstory and no reason the change the merchandise...

nickys

Premium Member
It was announced at the last Condo meeting in December that the rooms would be done in 2021 instead of 2022.

Initially it looked like around about June / July that the remaining unbooked rooms were all pulled from the inventory. Those then reappeared and I think now it’s late August / September when there is no availability (and that happened before the rush of bookings opened).

Makes sense they’d start once the regular rooms are done. But according to the permits it could roll on for a while, a block of rooms at a time. I think the bungalow availability towards the end of the year was also suddenly wiped overnight.

TikibirdLand

I don't believe any of the Trader Sam's merch ever had the image from the Jungle Cruise...
Trader Sam's was a completely different animal...
And if they no longer talk about him or show him on the Jungle Cruise, the character could be anyone...
A WW2 pilot ... Sam McKinney, (Friend of Jock Lindsey)....that was stranded on an island in Polynesia after his plane went down....for 2 years before being rescued...and came home to create a loving tribute to the islands he is desperate to get back to...
There! Problem solved... Easy backstory and no reason the change the merchandise...
Whew! Had to go back and read this...I read Sam Kinison. If it was him, they'd definitely have to pull merch! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom