News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Is the refurb on schedule for the July reopening date?
I ask because I booked a standard view room for late August about 6 weeks ago and now I can't find availability there for my dates.
I had also considered changing from Poly to ASMo for my August trip and then booking Poly for my November or December trip but again nothing is available at Poly for any of the dates I choose.
It has me a bit worried that the refurb is not going to be done in time and they will switch my resort. I'm guessing they'll switch it to GF but I don't really even want to stay there.
Please tell me I'm worried over nothing.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I was told by special reservations that Polynesian is opening July 18th

Thanks.
I guess I'm just in shock that zero rooms are available for my August dates now and the dates I was considering in November and December also are completely unavailable.
I could find availability in January though.
I thought it seemed odd but I guess maybe the rooms other than CL are really just booked? Because half the other resorts still aren't open maybe?

HairyChest

Thanks.
I guess I'm just in shock that zero rooms are available for my August dates now and the dates I was considering in November and December also are completely unavailable.
I could find availability in January though.
I thought it seemed odd but I guess maybe the rooms other than CL are really just booked? Because half the other resorts still aren't open maybe?
They said they aren’t booking club level yet and said the first week is fully booked already.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So this happened overnight to a couple rooms on the first floor of the Samoa longhouse.

AE5A4C46-F94E-4140-A3C5-1A90680EC097.jpeg

A regular door to the patio instead of a sliding glass door.

The adjacent first floor rooms still have a sliding glass door.

0EAF6CBF-B015-4D35-800D-4891CCE6808F.jpeg

Weather_Lady

Is the refurb on schedule for the July reopening date?
I ask because I booked a standard view room for late August about 6 weeks ago and now I can't find availability there for my dates.
I had also considered changing from Poly to ASMo for my August trip and then booking Poly for my November or December trip but again nothing is available at Poly for any of the dates I choose.
It has me a bit worried that the refurb is not going to be done in time and they will switch my resort. I'm guessing they'll switch it to GF but I don't really even want to stay there.
Please tell me I'm worried over nothing.
You are worried over nothing. 🙂 We've been booked for an 8/21 arrival at the Polynesian ever since reservations reopened. I've been periodically checking availability and watched as various room categories and dates became unavailable. It's fully booked now, but it's been a gradual process, so I think the unavailability you're seeing is the result of normal booking patterns for a popular resort that's reopening with a brand-new refurb (and of course, inventory is down if they're not booking club level... unless they decide to offer those same rooms as non-club rooms for awhile).

...and they'd _better_ be on schedule! I'd rather stay in a leaky tent on the Polynesian beach than get bumped to the Grand Floridian! (Just a matter of personal taste). 😅

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You are worried over nothing. 🙂 We've been booked for an 8/21 arrival at the Polynesian ever since reservations reopened. I've been periodically checking availability and watched as various room categories and dates became unavailable. It's fully booked now, but it's been a gradual process, so I think the unavailability you're seeing is the result of normal booking patterns for a popular resort that's reopening with a brand-new refurb (and of course, inventory is down if they're not booking club level... unless they decide to offer those same rooms as non-club rooms for awhile).

...and they'd _better_ be on schedule! I'd rather stay in a leaky tent on the Polynesian beach than get bumped to the Grand Floridian! (Just a matter of personal taste). 😅

Haha yeah GF just isn't my style. Poly or bust lol.
How long are you staying?
I'll be there 8/25-8/30.

Weather_Lady

Haha yeah GF just isn't my style. Poly or bust lol.
How long are you staying?
I'll be there 8/25-8/30.
We're staying there 8/21-25 ("switching teams" to WDW after 4 nights and 3 days at Universal), so we'll be headed out as you're checking in. I'll message you if we're leaving any food or beverages and see if there's anything you want! 🙂 (We upstate NYers have to stick together, LOL! I'm in the Finger Lakes, but I see your info. lists your residence as Niagara County, which is where my father's whole extended family has lived for generations. "It's a small world after all!")

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Whole bunch more permits today including the rest of the bungalows which I assume are also getting the Moana makeover...

POLYNESIAN
1498 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 20 - 7020) - General Construction
1488 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 15 - 7015) - General Construction
1476 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 09 - 7009) - General Construction
1490 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 16 - 7016) - General Construction
1482 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 12 - 7012) - General Construction
1474 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 08 - 7008) - General Construction
1478 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 10 - 7010) - General Construction
1478 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 10 - 7010) - General Construction
1496 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 19 - 7019) - General Construction
1484 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 13 - 7013) - General Construction
1530 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN BLDG 11 PAGO PAGO (RM 1103-1126,2103-2126,3101-3126)) - General Construction
1468 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 05 - 7005) - General Construction
1462 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 02 - 7002) - General Construction
1460 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 01 - 7001) - General Construction
1492 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 17 - 7017) - General Construction
1472 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 07 - 7007) - General Construction
1464 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 03 - 7003) - General Construction
1466 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 04 - 7004) - General Construction
1470 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 06 - 7006) - General Construction
1486 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 14 - 7014) - General Construction
1550 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN BLDG 09 TOKELAU (RM1901-1948,2901-2948,3901-3948)) - General Construction
1484 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN WATER BUNGALOW 13 - 7013) - General Construction
1520 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN BLDG 10 MOOREA (RM 1003-1048,2001-2048,3001-3048)) - General Construction
1530 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN BLDG 11 PAGO PAGO (RM 1103-1126,2103-2126,3101-3126)) - General Construction

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Whole bunch more permits today including the rest of the bungalows which I assume are also getting the Moana makeover...

That's also encompassing the three DVC longhouses. I believe there was news in December that DVC moved up the scheduled Poly 2022 soft goods refurbishment to 2021. I'm not expecting hard goods like has been done with other parts of the resort, but I guess we'll see!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's also encompassing the three DVC longhouses. I believe there was news in December that DVC moved up the scheduled Poly 2022 soft goods refurbishment to 2021. I'm not expecting hard goods like has been done with other parts of the resort, but I guess we'll see!

Seems like a rather larger contractor for just a soft goods refurb.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Seems like a rather larger contractor for just a soft goods refurb.
DVC Poly only opened 6 years ago so hard goods now feels really aggressive, especially for the Disney we've known. I'd love to be wrong. Poly is one of my home resorts and I'd love to see hard goods refurbished because it'd extend life before rooms feel beat up and out of date.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DVC Poly only opened 6 years ago so hard goods now feels really aggressive, especially for the Disney we've known. I'd love to be wrong. Poly is one of my home resorts and I'd love to see hard goods refurbished because it'd extend life before rooms feel beat up and out of date.

My thought is that they are bringing some of the Moana details into them.

Movielover

New update, which means this is the mandated "Will the pools of water and gardens be returning?" question post after every single update.

Que the next couple of posts of outrage even though we do not actually know the answers.

Add in the standard post about IP integration, a post or two about the former lobby renovation, and a extreme off topic post (Epcot Barges/Yeti/Skyliner Burning/Your Choice Here).

Congrats, I just saved us a half to full page of useless posts.

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom