News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

JoeCamel

For anyone in the know, could we see Poly get a slightly elevated station so that there is no need to step up to get on the monorail which massively overcomplicated the boarding process?

For reference, this is would make the monorail resemble every single other boarding system in the world.

Here's Tokyo for example.

View attachment 522228

They have literally taken the roof off the place and are undoubtedly going to redo the floor, so it wouldn't take much to elevate the whole platform by half a foot.

If they did that, the Monorail's doors couldn't open.

Tokyo has a different model of door so as caleb said nope, they will remain the same until they change the fleet, they turn to dust, the sands of time run out the hourglass...

MrHappy

Another site is reporting Contemporary will be getting room refurbs April-Sept. Would that have implications to the Poly refurb timeline? I would think both Monorail resorts with extremely reduced capacity at the same time isn’t going to happen. So maybe Poly opens back up in April (with construction complete) as Contemporary begins???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PHOTOS - Monorail station demolished as work continues on the new entrance at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort​

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_40686.jpg

tirian

Another site is reporting Contemporary will be getting room refurbs April-Sept. Would that have implications to the Poly refurb timeline? I would think both Monorail resorts with extremely reduced capacity at the same time isn’t going to happen. So maybe Poly opens back up in April (with construction complete) as Contemporary begins???
Themed to Miles from Tomorrowland!

(joking)

Tuvalu

Premium Member

SplashJacket

Club34

Disney Analyst

Bocabear

Wow how incredibly sad! You can be sure when it is rebuilt it will not have an ounce of it's original charm...Gone are the waterfalls, fountains and gardens as well as that unique first approach into the resort. Current leadership has shown time and again they cannot replicate the style and charm of any of the original buildings...I am expecting a simple serviceable garden area and monorail station a'la Marriott.

OG Runner

They should leave it like that. I would be pretty exciting to jump to the monorail from the building.
It is supposed to be Moana themed. Take a palm frond and slide over.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I'm still hopeful - the concept art has glimmer of potential (if allied with my vision and brain)
View attachment 525932
Concept art for the porte cochere looks great. It is the fountains and water and vegetation they ripped up underneath the monorail station that I am fearful will not return.

Edit: I did go back and read the DPB post when they announced this. It does say:

"Enhancements will also be made to the lush gardens and fountains that have welcomed guests to the resort since opening day.
The open and airy design of the entryway will feature dramatic lighting elements, including beautiful chandeliers inspired by glass floats, fishing nets and oversized bamboo elements. The new chandeliers will match the existing grand chandelier in the resort lobby, artfully bridging interior and exterior spaces."

So hopefully those lush gardens and water falls will find their way back

Last edited:

note2001

Concept art for the porte cochere looks great. It is the fountains and water and vegetation they ripped up underneath the monorail station that I am fearful will not return
The plans show it will be as dark as the inside of a suitcase down there. Unless they put in plant lighting, I can't see them coming back. Those gardens/fountains were the closest thing we had to a replacement for the removal of the interior fountain too. :(

dgp602

PHOTOS - Monorail station demolished as work continues on the new entrance at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort​

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_40686.jpg
If this has been asked and answered before I apologize, but when the redesign is completed, will there still be water features at the entrance outside? I have not seen any concept art on this remodel....

MrHappy

I think the statutes of limitations on Moana might have run out ! ;)
It’s timeless, Disney, something, something else. Don’t you know anything;)
Seriously, if it’s like the new Ohana carpet I’m good. Even more seriously, I’m checking in to this lush island 5/1....they better get a move on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom