News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

splashtest

anyone know why a permit was filed for general construction around the lava pool? As reported by another site. I can’t imagine anything significant or that the pool would close for. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I’m staying starting May 1.
I'd like to know this too. We check in on May 14th.

MrHappy

I'd like to know this too. We check in on May 14th.
If I was going to answer my own question 🙋‍♂️
The pool won’t close. Construction would include installation of Moana theming like new light fixtures, and other minor overlays. I hope it’s not a hot mess May 1. And that GCH and monorail station better be finished!!

castlecake2.0

I never noticed/realized how much the entrance to the lobby is basically just the monorail platform basement. The placement of the parking lot I feel kinda makes it hard for a grand reveal like most other resorts have. It also made me think of what reactions on here would be like if they just now added a monorail to Disney;
“Are they going to pain the concrete or are we just going to have to stare at these ugly columns everywhere?” “Wow, so much for a nice entrance, the monorail station blocks everything!” “Guess they don’t want sunlight in the lobby” ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
anyone know why a permit was filed for general construction around the lava pool? As reported by another site. I can’t imagine anything significant or that the pool would close for. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I’m staying starting May 1.

There were actually two permits which expire in June of 2021. One if from MLC Themeing, and the other from Elecro Mechanic Industries.

1606 SEVEN SEAS DR(POLYNESIAN LAVA POOL) - General Construction

MrHappy

There were actually two permits which expire in June of 2021. One if from MLC Themeing, and the other from Elecro Mechanic Industries.

Thank you for sharing as always. What sort of services do these companies typically do for Disney. Sounds like lightning and some minor maintenance stuff. One site though thought that the Lava volcano would be turned into a green Te Fiti... God I hope not for many reasons!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing as always. What sort of services do these companies typically do for Disney. Sounds like lightning and some minor maintenance stuff. One site though thought that the Lava volcano would be turned into a green Te Fiti... God I hope not for many reasons!

As the name suggests MLC Theming does theming work. I can't find much info on the other contractor.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
More photos from today at

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_40444.jpg

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_40449.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

The new beams look great.
I still think they're too spaced out (they probably need twice as many as are currently installed), but it's a lot better than the concept art. There's at least some definition.

As best I can tell, there's the same number of beams as was shown in the concept art (19). Below is basically the same angle from September 2020 and now - bonus points for Monorail Teal appearing in each shot. With the new beams in place, the old version does look pretty cluttered by comparison (there were 37 in the previous design), though I also think the new is just a tad sparse and would have benefited from a few extra beams (24-25?).

September 2020
1609866256674.png

January 2021 (cropped slightly to account for differing lens size)
Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_40448.jpg

Last edited:

tirian

I never noticed/realized how much the entrance to the lobby is basically just the monorail platform basement. The placement of the parking lot I feel kinda makes it hard for a grand reveal like most other resorts have. It also made me think of what reactions on here would be like if they just now added a monorail to Disney;
“Are they going to pain the concrete or are we just going to have to stare at these ugly columns everywhere?” “Wow, so much for a nice entrance, the monorail station blocks everything!” “Guess they don’t want sunlight in the lobby” ...
That’s why the original lobby was important: the waterfalls, rocks, live parrots (!), and massive windows were the grand reveal. Sadly, that experience is gone.

tirian

As best I can tell, there's the same number of beams as was shown in the concept art (19). Below is basically the same angle from September 2020 and now - bonus points for Monorail Teal appearing in each shot. With the new beams in place, the old version does look pretty cluttered by comparison (there were 37 in the previous design), though I also think the new is just a tad sparse and would have benefited from a few extra beams (24-25?).

September 2020
View attachment 522189

January 2021 (cropped slightly to account for differing lens size)
View attachment 522194
The new version looks tepid, if that makes sense.

SplashJacket

For anyone in the know, could we see Poly get a slightly elevated station so that there is no need to step up to get on the monorail which massively overcomplicated the boarding process?

For reference, this is would make the monorail resemble every single other boarding system in the world.

Here's Tokyo for example.

1609878624120.png

They have literally taken the roof off the place and are undoubtedly going to redo the floor, so it wouldn't take much to elevate the whole platform by half a foot.

_caleb

For anyone in the know, could we see Poly get a slightly elevated station so that there is no need to step up to get on the monorail which massively overcomplicated the boarding process?

For reference, this is would make the monorail resemble every single other boarding system in the world.

Here's Tokyo for example.

View attachment 522228

They have literally taken the roof off the place and are undoubtedly going to redo the floor, so it wouldn't take much to elevate the whole platform by half a foot.
If they did that, the Monorail's doors couldn't open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom