Bus Service During COVID

BlackCauldron

Original Poster
I've seen some reports that wait times and lines for a bus to the parks can average around 30+ minutes. I've also seen instances where buses are completely empty. Can anyone who has used report bus service recently provide some commentary on wait times, etc?

medic2kw

Was at the Polynesian in late July 2020 and we never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus at the resort. In fact, 20 minutes was the longest. We did wait over 35 minutes for a bus back to the Polynesian from Disney Springs two nights in a row. Coming back from the resorts, we only encountered a "full" bus once and going to the Studios one morning did we encounter a "full" bus around 9am.

BlackCauldron

Original Poster
Was at the Polynesian in late July 2020 and we never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus at the resort. In fact, 20 minutes was the longest. We did wait over 35 minutes for a bus back to the Polynesian from Disney Springs two nights in a row. Coming back from the resorts, we only encountered a "full" bus once and going to the Studios one morning did we encounter a "full" bus around 9am.

Thanks! The Disney Springs bus doesn't surprise me. My last trip, I waited well over an hour for a bus from the Springs back to my resort.

nickys

Premium Member
Is Uber up and running? I haven’t used a Disney bus in years. Quick and easy
Uber and Lyft are operating as usual. Reports are though they will not be allowed to drop you at a resort that you are not staying at or have an ADR at. But to and from the parks is fine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Buses only fill with 6 parties, even the extended buses. Just got back from the Pop yesterday and I think the longest we waited during operational times was never more than 15-20 minutes. The buses seemed to come regularly and quickly, as if compensating for the limited space. We did go down extra early in the morning to make sure we were on the first or second bus.

We also used Uber a few times to get to some breakfast reservations that would have been difficult to get to in the mornings using Disney transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom