Disney World Pictures

ARhopps32

Original Poster
Hello!

I am new to the board and it's possible I am putting this into the wrong thread. I apologize if so!

My wife and I just bought our first home, and we have a third bedroom not being used right now. We decided to theme it Disney and eventually will transition it into a nursery. When we go on trips to WDW we take good pictures, but they are certainly not professional. We want to put up some pictures of our favorite attractions and places throughout the park. Does anyone have a website they recommend where prints can be ordered, outside of Amazon? Looking for quality pictures, but the least expensive the better. I appreciate all of the feedback and look forward to posting more in the future!

stratman50th

Hello!

I am new to the board and it's possible I am putting this into the wrong thread. I apologize if so!

My wife and I just bought our first home, and we have a third bedroom not being used right now. We decided to theme it Disney and eventually will transition it into a nursery. When we go on trips to WDW we take good pictures, but they are certainly not professional. We want to put up some pictures of our favorite attractions and places throughout the park. Does anyone have a website they recommend where prints can be ordered, outside of Amazon? Looking for quality pictures, but the least expensive the better. I appreciate all of the feedback and look forward to posting more in the future!
What are you looking for? "I was there shots", or something more artistic? Have you checked the different post your pics forums on here? If you see something you like you could check with the member who took the photos and if you like something, make arrangements for the full size file you can print.

ARhopps32

Original Poster
What are you looking for? "I was there shots", or something more artistic? Have you checked the different post your pics forums on here? If you see something you like you could check with the member who took the photos and if you like something, make arrangements for the full size file you can print.

More artistic versions of "I was there shots."

I will definitely check that forum out. That's a great idea. Thank you!

NickMaio

You can also Google your favourite ride names followed by HD WALLPAPER...then click images to only see the pictures. Find one, right click save as, send them to your favorite place for developing.
Great hi resolution pro and amateur pics come up.

ARhopps32

Original Poster
You can also Google your favourite ride names followed by HD WALLPAPER...then click images to only see the pictures. Find one, right click save as, send them to your favorite place for developing.
Great hi resolution pro and amateur pics come up.

I wondered if you could get away with that. I know sometimes places require you to have photographer consent if they feel it was a professional photo that you are stealing.

Smiley/OCD

Or, you can do what we do...every year, we buy the "official" WDW 16 month calendar (it's cheaper to buy it on eBay)...there's 16 GREAT shots of various attractions throughout the parks...the photos are just under 9 x 12...I have some great pictures of the carrousel and the Earful tower...look into it. Great calendar for the year and a half and GREAT pix in the park!

SteveAZee

Hello!

Depending on the quality, quantity, and resolution of the images (and whether you're a bit of a technophile or not) it might be worth investing in a high quality printer. There are inkjet printers (Epson has them for sure) that will print with archival inks (pigment vs. dye, which can fade/discolor over time) on archival paper (won't yellow) that would, in the end, perhaps save you money. Most of the Epson software is set up to do basic tweaks to images (color balance, etc) so the prints are pretty decent and you can side and crop to how you'd like the final print to turn out.

Heppenheimer

I wondered if you could get away with that. I know sometimes places require you to have photographer consent if they feel it was a professional photo that you are stealing.
I think certain water-marked pictures probably specifically require your consent and anything you get from a service like Getty would require a payment, but anything else probably counts as "fair use" since you are not looking to profit off the reproduction of the photos. Or I could be completely wrong.

BrerWayne

Hello!

@fractal has a trip report right now. Amazing pictures. Including one of the launch of the Rock N Rollercoaster. One of the coolest photos I’ve ever seen. Not sure if he sells photos but really worth checking out his work.

fractal

@fractal has a trip report right now. Amazing pictures. Including one of the launch of the Rock N Rollercoaster. One of the coolest photos I’ve ever seen. Not sure if he sells photos but really worth checking out his work.

Thanks for the kind words! I do have a website set up for my photos. I haven't loaded the ones from my recent trip yet but will within the next week. My previous trip includes lots of firework photos.

Here's a link. @ARhopps32 , if you see some you like let me know, I'll give you 20% off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom