Where to find sandwiches.

dave&di

Original Poster
Hiya guys!
We (OH and I) last went to WDW in 2013, we are planning a trip in 2022. We travel from the UK and as much as we enjoy a burger or hotdog we sometimes want something not greasy like a chilled sandwich or wrap. We used to enjoy eating at Writers Stop and Starring rolls at HS 😢 these are 2 examples of somewhere we’d go.

So I’m after places to go in all parks where we can just get something fresh to eat, counter/quick service.

Also...we’ve browsed a few menus, it looks like many places have cut the variety since 2013, am I right? Caseys (MK) used to do various hot dogs, now there are a few options. Food seems more basic. 😊. BTW, I’m very happy to see the foot long Corn dog at Sleepy Hollow! I love a corn dog! 😜

Jon81uk

Options are limited right now due to Covid so menus may not reflect all options that will be there in the future.

But Starring Rolls was replaced by the Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks) and they offer cold sandwiches there, but I've never bought them so they might just be Starbucks branded.

Some of the other quick serve places do have other hot sandwiches, its quite easy to avoid burgers, for example Backlot Express at DHS has a cuban sandwich on the menu.

At other parks there are plenty of non-burger options such as the tacos at Pecos Bill, or there are sandwiches and fried fish at Colombia House.
At Animal Kingdom then the rice bowls at Satu'li Canteen in the Pandora area are meant to be excellent.

I've not been since 2016 so things have changed and new places opened, but we managed to not eat burgers at all for a week quite easily and I think I only once had a cold sandwich.

dave&di

Original Poster
Options are limited right now due to Covid so menus may not reflect all options that will be there in the future.

But Starring Rolls was replaced by the Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks) and they offer cold sandwiches there, but I've never bought them so they might just be Starbucks branded.

Some of the other quick serve places do have other hot sandwiches, its quite easy to avoid burgers, for example Backlot Express at DHS has a cuban sandwich on the menu.

At other parks there are plenty of non-burger options such as the tacos at Pecos Bill, or there are sandwiches and fried fish at Colombia House.
At Animal Kingdom then the rice bowls at Satu'li Canteen in the Pandora area are meant to be excellent.

I've not been since 2016 so things have changed and new places opened, but we managed to not eat burgers at all for a week quite easily and I think I only once had a cold sandwich.
Hi, I did think some of the menus may be limited due to COVID but apparently Casey’s isn’t open at the moment so their menu shouldn’t reflect that?
Its a shame they now have Starbucks in the parks, (they weren’t there during our trips) but may be useful if desperate for a plain sandwich!
we did used to eat at Backlot Express but I have no idea what we used to eat!
Thanks for your help 😁

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hiya guys!
We (OH and I) last went to WDW in 2013, we are planning a trip in 2022. We travel from the UK and as much as we enjoy a burger or hotdog we sometimes want something not greasy like a chilled sandwich or wrap. We used to enjoy eating at Writers Stop and Starring rolls at HS 😢 these are 2 examples of somewhere we’d go.

So I’m after places to go in all parks where we can just get something fresh to eat, counter/quick service.

Also...we’ve browsed a few menus, it looks like many places have cut the variety since 2013, am I right? Caseys (MK) used to do various hot dogs, now there are a few options. Food seems more basic. 😊. BTW, I’m very happy to see the foot long Corn dog at Sleepy Hollow! I love a corn dog! 😜

Sci-Fi Dine In:

Oven-roasted Turkey Sandwich: House-brined Herb-roasted Turkey served on a Fresh-baked Multigrain Croissant with Bacon, Lettuce, Vine-ripened Marinated Tomatoes, and Cilantro-Avocado Aïoli

jaklgreen

The best sandwiches are at Les Halles Boulangerie in France. Disney Springs has the Earl of Sandwich, of course. I am not a big sandwich person so I can't really think of where they have them, but I can say that my stays are as long as 2 weeks and I have been going to WDW for decades and never eat burgers or hot dogs. There are plenty of places to eat all around the property that serve other things.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You're looking at menus at a bad time.
Most are very limited right now and many restaurants are still not open.
I'm someone that much rather have a sandwich than a "dinner" personally.
For sandwiches though the obvious is Ear Of Sandwich in Disney Springs.
I also enjoy the reuben at The Wave. I do believe they have this sandwich at The Plaza as well.
At Cosmic Ray's there's a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon and I add mushrooms and garlic mayo and that's very good.
They used to have a Sandwich I liked at Sunshine Seasons but I think they may have done away with it last year.
I'd say wait until 2021 and then recheck some menus.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Hi, I did think some of the menus may be limited due to COVID but apparently Casey’s isn’t open at the moment so their menu shouldn’t reflect that?
Casey's has rotating specials that aren't posted online. They have their "basic" menu that's always available but you won't know the special until you check in person.

We travel from the UK and as much as we enjoy a burger or hotdog we sometimes want something not greasy like a chilled sandwich or wrap.
Do you have any interest in non-greasy options that aren't sandwiches? My family eats mostly quick service at WDW and we probably only have one or two burgers in an 8 night trip.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Disney Springs: Earl of Sandwich
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House
EPCOT: Les Halles - I ate sandwiches here at least three times during my last trip - they were fresh, delicious and a healthy meal... until I added a pastry dessert each time! :)

NiarrNDisney

Here is a list for you. I included a couple TS restaurants and some Resort locations that I have always enjoyed with some great sandwiches and wraps:

MK - Aunt Polly's, Columbia Harbour House, Diamond Horseshoe, Plaza Restaurant

Epcot - Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, Eats @ the Epcot Experience, Kringla Bakeri, Sunshine Seasons

DHS - ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Woody's Lunch Box

DAK - Creature Comforts, RestaurantoSaurus

Disney Springs - Amorette's Patisserie, Earl of Sandwich, Pizza Ponte, Starbucks, Vivoli Gelateria, Wine Bar George. Wolfgang Puck Express

Resorts - Boardwalk Bakery (BWR), Contempo Cafe (CR), Fresh Mediterranean (Dolphin), Fuel (Dolphin), Gasparilla Island Grill (GFR),
Java Bar (Swan), Kona Island (Poly), Picabu (Dolphin), Riverside Mill (PORS), Rix Sports Bar and Grill (CSR), Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ), Splash Bar & Grill (Swan).

dave&di

Original Poster
Sci-Fi Dine In:

Oven-roasted Turkey Sandwich: House-brined Herb-roasted Turkey served on a Fresh-baked Multigrain Croissant with Bacon, Lettuce, Vine-ripened Marinated Tomatoes, and Cilantro-Avocado Aïoli
Thanks for the idea, I’ve eaten there before, only had the Picnic burger. The turkey sandwich sounds like something I’d eat.

dave&di

Original Poster
I’ve never been to
The best sandwiches are at Les Halles Boulangerie in France. Disney Springs has the Earl of Sandwich, of course. I am not a big sandwich person so I can't really think of where they have them, but I can say that my stays are as long as 2 weeks and I have been going to WDW for decades and never eat burgers or hot dogs. There are plenty of places to eat all around the property that serve other things.

I’ve never been to Les Halles, I will check that out. Thanks. I don’t do table service, I don’t know if that makes my options more limited.

dave&di

Original Poster
You're looking at menus at a bad time.
Most are very limited right now and many restaurants are still not open.
I'm someone that much rather have a sandwich than a "dinner" personally.
For sandwiches though the obvious is Ear Of Sandwich in Disney Springs.
I also enjoy the reuben at The Wave. I do believe they have this sandwich at The Plaza as well.
At Cosmic Ray's there's a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon and I add mushrooms and garlic mayo and that's very good.
They used to have a Sandwich I liked at Sunshine Seasons but I think they may have done away with it last year.
I'd say wait until 2021 and then recheck some menus.
I had thought the current situation had reduced menus, it’s not the best time to research!

dave&di

Original Poster
Casey's has rotating specials that aren't posted online. They have their "basic" menu that's always available but you won't know the special until you check in person.

Do you have any interest in non-greasy options that aren't sandwiches? My family eats mostly quick service at WDW and we probably only have one or two burgers in an 8 night trip.
I only do quick service (apart from Sci-Fi, I have anxieties and don’t enjoy table service, Sci-Fi is perfect for me). Any non-greasy options are handy. Thanks.

dave&di

Original Poster
Disney Springs: Earl of Sandwich
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House
EPCOT: Les Halles - I ate sandwiches here at least three times during my last trip - they were fresh, delicious and a healthy meal... until I added a pastry dessert each time! :)
Thanks, I’ve never been to Les halles, will check that out.

dave&di

Original Poster
Here is a list for you. I included a couple TS restaurants and some Resort locations that I have always enjoyed with some great sandwiches and wraps:

MK - Aunt Polly's, Columbia Harbour House, Diamond Horseshoe, Plaza Restaurant

Epcot - Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, Eats @ the Epcot Experience, Kringla Bakeri, Sunshine Seasons

DHS - ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Woody's Lunch Box

DAK - Creature Comforts, RestaurantoSaurus

Disney Springs - Amorette's Patisserie, Earl of Sandwich, Pizza Ponte, Starbucks, Vivoli Gelateria, Wine Bar George. Wolfgang Puck Express

Resorts - Boardwalk Bakery (BWR), Contempo Cafe (CR), Fresh Mediterranean (Dolphin), Fuel (Dolphin), Gasparilla Island Grill (GFR),
Java Bar (Swan), Kona Island (Poly), Picabu (Dolphin), Riverside Mill (PORS), Rix Sports Bar and Grill (CSR), Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ), Splash Bar & Grill (Swan).
Thanks for the list, I’ll make a note of these. I can be a fussy eater and my stomach doesn’t always accept (I have IBS) the heavier food in America, sometimes I need something simple! ☺️

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I only do quick service (apart from Sci-Fi, I have anxieties and don’t enjoy table service, Sci-Fi is perfect for me). Any non-greasy options are handy. Thanks.
MK - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe

Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express (sandwich, salad), Fairfax Fare (rice bowl with grilled chicken)

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree Barbecue, Satuli Canteen, Harambe Market

dave&di

Original Poster
MK - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe

Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express (sandwich, salad), Fairfax Fare (rice bowl with grilled chicken)

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree Barbecue, Satuli Canteen, Harambe Market
Thanks for the list, that’s great. Rice is an option I hadn’t thought of!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom