Splash mountain log design

Kane88

Original Poster
I know that the Splash Mountains at Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland were developed at the same time and even opened a day apart from each other. I had heard or read somewhere that the reason why the logs for Japan were designed to be 4 rows of 2 adults were to increase capacity and that Japanese attitudes about potentially sitting between someone’s legs were not positive. I also read that they decided to use the tokyo logs in Florida as a cost saving measure. Can someone confirm or refute this for me?

Robbiem

I know that the Splash Mountains at Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland were developed at the same time and even opened a day apart from each other. I had heard or read somewhere that the reason why the logs for Japan were designed to be 4 rows of 2 adults were to increase capacity and that Japanese attitudes about potentially sitting between someone’s legs were not positive. I also read that they decided to use the tokyo logs in Florida as a cost saving measure. Can someone confirm or refute this for me?

I remember reading the old ‘Disney news’ magazine that you got from the Magic Kingdom club when they built splash mountain in Florida And Tokyo. If I remember right the article said that the Japanese didn’t like the idea of sitting Disneyland style so the ride was redesigned with different seats and Disney then used this version in Florida as it had a higher capacity. The Tokyo Version was also designed to not get people as wet as several guests dress up when they come to the park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom