Who is going to WDW?

mfortis

Original Poster
So now that WDW is ‘reopened’ who is actually going?
In my previous visits I would always notice a lot of foreigners. Large groups from Brazil, Asia and a lot of European people. I would also see a lot of youth/college groups from the US. (Cheer camps, dance groups and sports leagues). But now that that travel is restricted and youth/ school are all but closed if not virtual, who is going to the parks?
Is it just AP holders and people who already had a trip planned?
Also, in the past WDW Resort guests made up a large group of park goers, but most of the hotels are still closed.

Chef Mickey

I’ve already been 10 days and going back in September. It’s great.

The guests who were there were what I would say are some of the best guests, mostly AP and people who REALLY want to be there. I was there first day opening, so that might change over time.

JohnD

Week of October 19. I made a reservation for a standard room at Pop. Just waiting for discounts beyond September 30 so I can apply them. Yes, I have an AP.

goofyyukyuk

I’ve been to every park but Epcot in the past week, and for the most part, it wasn’t crowded and I never felt concerned about my health or Disney’s precautionary measures. Hollywood Studios yesterday surprised me with 45+ minute waits on all the major attractions. That being said, everything still seemed very safe. I’m not an AP/DVC member; our family just decided to take an impromptu trip because the parks weren’t crowded and I missed out on my senior trip to Disneyland. I didn’t see any large groups anywhere, and we stayed off property. Let me know if you have any other questions!

NelleBelle

We would go if we didn't have school starting in a few weeks, have to take a nearly 6-hr flight from Seattle, and knew for sure we could get a decent price on resort and tickets! But DH and myself don't want to be on an airplane that long.

Hcalvert

I went from July 10-24 and we might go back in March and June----June is our normal visiting time. We are out-of-state AP holders for the second year and do not plan to renew after this AP.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I’ve already been 10 days and going back in September. It’s great.

The guests who were there were what I would say are some of the best guests, mostly AP and people who REALLY want to be there. I was there first day opening, so that might change over time.
Uh APs are among the worst guests, second only to Cast Members (CPs in particular). I could be persuaded as to where DVC members slot in there.

Chef Mickey

Uh APs are among the worst guests, second only to Cast Members (CPs in particular). I could be persuaded as to where DVC members slot in there.
Not the ones I saw...everyone followed the rules...like, everyone. I can only assume many Of them were APs.

Depends on our definition of worst. I’ve been to Disney enough times to form an opinion on this and just the casual visitor is far more annoying to me.

Wendy Pleakley

I've looked at prices for the Fall because I'm going a bit stir crazy and thinking "what if I take a trip that I shouldn't really be taking at this time..."

$300 a night for Carribean Beach. $200 for Pop Century. Do they not want any guests, or do they just feel with reduced capacity they can fill the limited inventory at high rack rates?

NelleBelle

I went to Universal a few weeks ago and there was very few foreigners, I assume Disney is the same.
I think we still have restrictions in place to EU, UK, Mexico, Canada, Central/South America, and many Asian countries (and who would travel here considering the US is a pariah currently...pretty much banned everywhere). 😕

bryanfze55

This would be the best time to go. The wait times have been unreal. Plus, with no FastPass+, you can stay at a SpringHill for $80/night right now and not be at any real disadvantage. Only two things are keeping me from going:

1. Wearing a mask for 10+ hours per day when it’s 90 degrees with 100% humidity.

2. I would go during my daughter’s fall break in October, but I’m not sure how things will work with travel. The school may not permit her to come back until quarantining upon return for 10-14 days. I wouldn’t want her falling that far behind. Like it or not, there’s going to be a stigma against unnecessary travel for a long time.

KBLovedDisney

Am I going again?

Yes.

Now, when am I going again?

Um...
bdf0a2be231967906fb3144c8fef9b7a.gif

NelleBelle

I've looked at prices for the Fall because I'm going a bit stir crazy and thinking "what if I take a trip that I shouldn't really be taking at this time..."

$300 a night for Carribean Beach. $200 for Pop Century. Do they not want any guests, or do they just feel with reduced capacity they can fill the limited inventory at high rack rates?
Just for kicks, I priced a quick trip mid-August just before school starts for our kids...staying for 7-nights at CBR, for a family of 4--2 adults, 2 teens, including tickets for four of us was~$4400!!! Airfare was another$1500!!! So for a week of reduced offerings at a resort we don't particularly care about staying at, all this could be had for ~$6000, not including food :jawdrop::banghead: Unreal!! If I really were serious about going, we'd stay offsite, get tickets through DH's employer, but geesh! Part of this is Disney, part of this is the airlines! And that airfare was using a companion ticket!! 🤦‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom