Frustrating

Maccabee18

I am very annoyed at this entire new process, and Disney really isn't being customer focused on multiple fronts.

I understand Aulani is closed and may still be closed for awhile. I have reservations booked in October and was thinking as a DVC member I would move my reservation over to WDW since there is quite a bit of availability and I would be able to enjoy an actual vacation.

Problem is... you can't buy a new annual pass. The one I did have expired at the end of June and if I want to renew it won't let me select the Gold plan but only Platinum. I don't want to do that. I also would rather have a new annual pass since I would be going until October and my last trip was in February. I feel like DVC member should have access to new tickets considering we have points to use or lose.

RememberWhen

We’re also hoping new APs will open up. We have new unused gold passes but had to move our trip to December. So we need the platinum passes. We can’t upgrade because they aren’t selling new passes. They suggested I buy dated tickets. Sigh. I’m just waiting, but I can’t really wait past September. I’ll bank some points and try to adjust our trip to use our expiring points some other way. But it is really very frustrating.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

I am very annoyed at this entire new process, and Disney really isn't being customer focused on multiple fronts.

I understand Aulani is closed and may still be closed for awhile. I have reservations booked in October and was thinking as a DVC member I would move my reservation over to WDW since there is quite a bit of availability and I would be able to enjoy an actual vacation.

Problem is... you can't buy a new annual pass. The one I did have expired at the end of June and if I want to renew it won't let me select the Gold plan but only Platinum. I don't want to do that. I also would rather have a new annual pass since I would be going until October and my last trip was in February. I feel like DVC member should have access to new tickets considering we have points to use or lose.
As the poster above said, ck your pass expiration. We received the 4 add on months from the closure and that should get you through till the end of October. (Then there was also a rumor of one additional month being added), hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its a crazy time so lets give Disney a break here goodness!
As a PP asked did you even check the status of your AP to see that it was definitely expired?
Disney has extended AP's. Did you not know about that?
You shouldn't expect everything to be just handed to you on a silver platter.
You may need to do a little leg work yourself.
Have you tried calling and speaking directly to anyone?

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I was able to renew my gold, DVC discount pass. Just call 407-566-4985 and press option 4. This is ticketing services and they can help you.

Upvote 0

Lord Starwalker

I heard that they were letting folks renew and purchase annual passes at Guest Services at the parks. Have you tried calling the Annual Passholder phone number?

Upvote 0

Maccabee18

Original Poster
Thanks all for the tips, we called and they had cancelled our ticket to refund us instead of extending for the months they were closed. But they allowed us to renew our pass at the renewal rate and it won't be active until we use it for the first time which will help us extend it longer.

Still sad I had to cancel Aulani again but at least now I have some Disney magic to look forward too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom