News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

cookiee_munster

TBF I have no issue with a Raya themed nighttime show at Animal Kingdom. It fits within the Eastern aesthetic
and Sisu (The Dragon) has the associated power of water in the film.
so it kind of fits. Plus, if they were to add other mystical creatures like other dragons or the phoenix and using other elements like fire I think it would make a pretty interesting show. The score James Newton Howard did for the film was also pretty top notch. I wouldn't mind hearing some of that in a nighttime show...

Last edited by a moderator:

Brer Panther

What does Raya have to do with animals or nature? Maybe if we actually got Beastly Kingdom, it could work, but as is, I'm a bit unsure... then again, the film DOES take place in Asia, doesn't it?

TTA94

Regardless what they end up doing, DAK could use something once entertainment can resume. But unless there’s been secret construction going on their only options at this point would be to retract their decision on closing RoL, or give RoL a makeover. I’d rather have a Lion King overlay rather than Raya. Or better yet a show based on Lion King, Jungle Book, Avatar, Bugs, Zootopia, Raya, etc.
Basically what should have been done in the first place with WoC infrastructure, or similar. It would likely be on par with HEA in terms of popularity if they had done that.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What does Raya have to do with animals or nature? Maybe if we actually got Beastly Kingdom, it could work, but as is, I'm a bit unsure... then again, the film DOES take place in Asia, doesn't it?
A movie about dragons fits at least as well as a rollercoaster about yetis.

If you've seen the finale at the end of the movie, it could actually make a pretty incredible nighttime show. But I'm skeptical of any "nighttime spectacular" being based on a single movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A movie about dragons fits at least as well as a rollercoaster about yetis.

If you've seen the finale at the end of the movie, it could actually make a pretty incredible nighttime show. But I'm skeptical of any "nighttime spectacular" being based on a single movie.
What happens at the end of the movie could be the beginning of a parade of animal life returning to the region. The dragon part could be the bookends of a animal-centric show.

TrainsOfDisney

They did a show featuring the live action version of Jungle Book that was performed for a short period of time so how bad could it be if they continued that tradition. I myself never saw it but I read that it got great reviews and that many liked it more than Rivers of Light.
The Jungle Book Show had quite a few live performers which added quite a bit of energy to the show.

Supposedly there were going to be many more live performers in Rivers of Light but they got cut.

cjkeating

The Jungle Book Show had quite a few live performers which added quite a bit of energy to the show.

Supposedly there were going to be many more live performers in Rivers of Light but they got cut.
Yes, the additional performers (and I think additional/large floats) were in the originally released concept art.

I was also really gutted we never got the fog effects on the river like was shown in some teaser D23 footage. And don't even mention the 100 individual floating lanterns...

TTA94

@MansionButler84 Has there been any rumblings of what type of show, infrastructure wise, might replace RoL? Or is if likely going to reuse the same RoL barges and that giant failure of a water screen? I really want them to go the WoC route.

TrainsOfDisney

No idea but WoC was originally deemed impossible in that waterway.
12 of those lotus fountain barges (so 8 more) could put on a great show. I’d argue that 12 moving barges could do some stuff that the WOC infrustructe can’t.

Really they just needed to triple the things that worked (12 fountains, 12 animal floats, 6 storyteller boats). That would have been a really nice show.

Roy G. Dis

Dinoland USA is so sad and its sadness is only magnified when you consider it houses pretty much the only actual ride for little kids in the whole park. Maybe they could replace Primeval Whirl with another couple of kiddie rides and I'd move onto acceptance.

J4546

i agree dinoland is lacking, but it would be hard to compete against universal when it comes to dinosaur themed lands and IPs. Id kinda rather them dust off the beastly kingdoms idea and use the dinoland space for it....they could really create something epic in scale if they used the lake to the south as part of the land that seperated the "good" castle from the "evil" castle. And the Dinosaur ride system would be great for re-imagining with massive castle interior scenes

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom