Where do you see the crowds in two weeks?

davidcyndi

Original Poster
Do you think it will be as low as it is right now or do you think the crowds are going to stat ramping up?

I personally think its going to start ramping up with everyone seeing how low the crowds are. Of course the crowds will hit the set WDW limit, but the wait times of 5 or 10 minutes will be back up to 45+ for the more popular rides.

davidcyndi

Original Poster
The crowds may be low but in 2 weeks we should know if there was any covid spread attributed to WDW and that may affect crowd size ---keep it low
Well I don’t think you could really see the spread caused by WDW as only about 10% of the people visiting are people living in Florida. All the visitors corona virus numbers would be added to their home state. That’s just my 2c.

Mr. Tickle

I see it mostly being locals and AP guests just like the other local area parks that have been open for a month already. Not many people are in good financial shape, or want to spend full price for a limited experience. The economic dominoes are still falling so I’m sure very few are planning vacations except those who have been unaffected, or are diehard fans.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My hope is that with all 4 parks open they can have more guests in total but still have the same capacity as they are having now in each park.
I would hope this would continue for at least 1 month and then start increasing a bit.

disneyworlddad

I'm not following the logic here. Unless Disney expands their capacity you aren't going to see a big increase in crowds. It is almost impossible to get a park reservation right now.

NelleBelle

This! How can parks get busier if they are at capacity right now??? Unless they start increasing the capacity percentage...don’t see how that’s going to happen

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Well there are 4 rides at mk right now that are 35+. 45 Minute wait is only a few riders away. And it’s 5:10.
And now nothing is over 20 and that's 7DMT.
Wait time fluctuate all the time. They were probably cleaning which made it get backed up.

If my recollection of this evening's weather passing through is accurate, the little rain storm came through Magic Kingdom right about at 5pm (we are at Universal, but I was watching the radar as it was lightly drizzling there and was thinking that MK looked like it was getting some heavier stuff). Not sure which attractions were up over 35 minutes at that time, but that could have been a factor. We will be at MK in a few days and have been watching the wait times throughout the day and other than Splash Mountain, nothing is getting much above 20 minutes throughout the entire day the past two days (when I've been checking). I'm sure @MisterPenguin could hook us up with the graph for today's (or any other day's) wait times, but I don't think there was very much time today where anything other than Splash was that long.

To the original question, I doubt that crowds are going to increase much over the next few weeks. I'll still be here and will share observations in my trip report, but I'm going to be surprised if the current plans to open additional resorts actually are maintained. We are at Saratoga Springs and it is FAR from full - in fact, entire buildings and sections are empty. If the resorts that are open aren't full, they aren't going to open additional ones (IMHO) and without additional resorts occupation, the crowds will likely stay pretty consistent.

Moka

Doubt they’ll be busy until when holidays come around. Looking at how low the capacity is now, once they increase, all those bloggers/vloggers WILL notice for sure, they will start spreading it, pictures will come out, and people will know.

Now.. I say this because I don’t think Disney wants that at the moment. I think they’ll wait till Thanksgiving/Christmas to start increasing capacity.

Herdman

Well there are 4 rides at mk right now that are 35+. 45 Minute wait is only a few riders away. And it’s 5:10.
Couldn't tell if you are there right now from your comment, but I've watched a couple Florida Disney vloggers videos and those wait times have been way overstated based on their findings. 25 minutes has been more like 10, 35 more like 15-20, etc.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Couldn't tell if you are there right now from your comment, but I've watched a couple Florida Disney vloggers videos and those wait times have been way overstated based on their findings. 25 minutes has been more like 10, 35 more like 15-20, etc.
They aren't there they are going in 12 days which is probably why they started the thread.
Yeah seems like 10 minute translates to walk on.

Last edited:

Ldno

I mean the existing crowds at the parks is because of the “excitement“ of going back after 4 months. Right now it feels like discount Disney with less stuff to do so who knows when it will be when the magic wears off tbh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom