Swearing in the parks, have you experienced this?

mergatroid

Original Poster
I'm not a big swearer myself, though if injuring myself I have been known to drop the odd 'F' bomb if nobody is around. However my golden rule would always be to not swear in front of children, it's just wrong. Was thinking back to my many trips to Disney and have to say that on the whole I've heard next to no swearing in the parks. Ok there was one guy in the gents toilets as I entered who said something like "I would avoid the cubicle bud, looks like Goofey's had a huge #$*" in there and not flushed", however that was one on one and was delivered in a quite well timed and funny manner. The only other time was a guy near Space Mountain who was ranting quite loudly on his phone about his business and how some contractor had let him down. He was throwing in swear words here and there but then stormed off as a cast member walked towards him.

Anyone else witness swearing in the parks? Also what do the cast members usually do if they hear swearing?

MissViv

Yes I have. On my last trip, husband and wife with the husband swearing at his wife at Epcot something about her mother when "I am your (insert extremely vulgar word) husband. He was yelling really loudly and she stormed off.

Last edited by a moderator:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You get people from all walks of life at Amusement parks. Personally, crude language isn't a normal part of my daily existence but that might be a function of where I live and the industry I work in. Unfortunately its a sign of growing illiteracy and a pidgin common vernacular.

TrainsOfDisney

On my last trip the young adults behind me were having fun quoting guardians of the galaxy during the Mary Poppins segment of the broadway concert. They were loudly arguing if the propert quote was “insert crude word” or “freaking” all while Gavin and Heidi were singing.

I don’t think I’ve heard it a whole lot outside of Epcot... I’ve heard CM’s correct peoples language in the haunted mansion stretching room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney4family

Personally, crude language isn't a normal part of my daily existence
Unfortunately it is for me since I teach high school kids. It is very much the norm to hear the f-bomb every other word these days like it's nothing.
I don't see it getting any better.
I'm glad my daughter grew up with Hannah Montana singing about "true friends" or how "nobody's perfect".
It's sad to see my 8 year old niece twerk and grind to Tik-Tok songs as well as sing the lyrics with f-bombs and other curses - again, like they're just a part of everyone's daily vocabulary.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Unfortunately it is for me since I teach high school kids. It is very much the norm to hear the f-bomb every other word these days like it's nothing.
I don't see it getting any better.
I'm glad my daughter grew up with Hannah Montana singing about "true friends" or how "nobody's perfect".
It's sad to see my 8 year old niece twerk and grind to Tik-Tok songs as well as sing the lyrics with f-bombs and other curses - again, like they're just a part of everyone's daily vocabulary.

Its a race for the lowest common denominator

Ricky Spanish

Guilty of swearing.....but I am Ricky Spanish.
E96915AD-4D93-4211-AD64-11185F9B19AB.jpeg

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

It has gotten worse in the parks but also everywhere in life as swearing has made its way as being a normal way of people expressing their anger or frustrations. The F bomb used to be reserved only for the lowest of low but now its part of comedy routines, in movie dialog and heard on video blogs/ vlogs. I'm not shocked by it as years ago and barely notice it now but when I do I still cringe. Guests really should temper their language in the parks. In my local minor league ball park there are notices warning spectators that kids are present and you can be expelled if using vitriolic language. Disney should do the same, but then they dont enforce standards for other guests improprieties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom