Adding a Day's Ticket

Yellow Shoes

We have a resort & ticket package with 4 days' worth of tickets. The time for our flight home was changed so that instead of needing to be at Magic Express at 1 pm, we can stay until 4 pm. This has led me to wonder if we could / should try to do another park that last day.

If we decide at the last minute, and I mean the night of Day 4, that we wanted another park day, could we upgrade? At the resort? At the ticket booth at the park?

Of course, this is all dependent upon being able to get reservations--I understand that

Anyone have experience with this?

RememberWhen

When is your trip? I’m pretty sure you used to be able to add a day as long as you still had time on your ticket. So if you had three day tickets you would need to still have a day on there to add time. But I don’t know if that’s possible with the new covid situation.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Trip is in September (78 days). My original issue was with the scooter rental, but that is fixed, so I'm full speed ahead with adding the additional day.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
UPDATE: Couldn't add the day online, so called WDW. They cannot add a day either; the system is locked to new ticket sales. The best they could do is tell me to keep checking the website. I was also unable to tweak the reservations I do have--i.e., I can't switch a Studios day to an Epcot day.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

UPDATE: Couldn't add the day online, so called WDW. They cannot add a day either; the system is locked to new ticket sales. The best they could do is tell me to keep checking the website. I was also unable to tweak the reservations I do have--i.e., I can't switch a Studios day to an Epcot day.
You can change your park reservations, but not without canceling what you have.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

We have added park tickets before. We had left a day open to go meet friends instead of going to the parks. They cancelled so we added a day. We did that at our resort front desk. However, I do not think you can do it so close to your departure from WDW day.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We have added park tickets before. We had left a day open to go meet friends instead of going to the parks. They cancelled so we added a day. We did that at our resort front desk. However, I do not think you can do it so close to your departure from WDW day.
Disney has made it pretty clear for the "forseeable future" all new ticket sales for 2020 are off the table, non negotiable.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I am not sure what you mean by that. You can't buy an extra day while you are there?
We don’t know yet. Disney has been very slow to share information about 2020 tickets. I would say it’s not a guarantee. Hopefully someone on the ground in the next couple weeks will be able to ask and find out.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We have a resort & ticket package with 4 days' worth of tickets. The time for our flight home was changed so that instead of needing to be at Magic Express at 1 pm, we can stay until 4 pm. This has led me to wonder if we could / should try to do another park that last day.

If we decide at the last minute, and I mean the night of Day 4, that we wanted another park day, could we upgrade? At the resort? At the ticket booth at the park?

Of course, this is all dependent upon being able to get reservations--I understand that

Anyone have experience with this?
I hope you’ve seen you can buy tickets as of today.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Yes, indeedy. Now I fear my travel companions are having second thoughts. We're doing a conference call on Sunday.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, every day seems to bring news of yet another facet of the experience gone.

We all have our breaking point, and right now the loss of luggage service from DME might be the last straw. We would have done that with any other ground transportation service, but having that a part of MDE got the trip off to a great start and made me feel pampered.

And who among us wasn't giddy when those yellow tags arrived?

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

Yes, indeedy. Now I fear my travel companions are having second thoughts. We're doing a conference call on Sunday.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, every day seems to bring news of yet another facet of the experience gone.

We all have our breaking point, and right now the loss of luggage service from DME might be the last straw. We would have done that with any other ground transportation service, but having that a part of MDE got the trip off to a great start and made me feel pampered.

How did the conference call go?

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

It does stink, but let's be honest if hotels are operating at half capacity, having this service(and deliver in a timely manner) just might not be feasible.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
How did the conference call go?
We are full steam ahead. This will definitely be the last trip for my father (81 years old), and while he doesn't have any one main issue, he is getting frailer, and in 6 months it could be too much for him. We are also taking an adult first-timer, whose attitude is, "I won't know what I'm missing--I'm going." She's in health care, so all day in a mask is not a deal breaker.

Any Disney is better than no Disney...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom