2021 capacity and ticketed events

tractorm3

So a few sections to this and i will try to organize it into parts:

1) fast passes: so am i reading this right that fast passes are not being allowed due to needing room to allow for distancing? that combined with reduced park capacity seems to be a winning idea for any one going.

2) hotel and park capacity: does any one know what percentage they are allowed to fill the parks and hotels? I have made two trip reservations in case they are filling up quickly. and what are the crowds like at the given capacity? IE is MK is allowed to fill to 50% capacity what does that mean for foot traffic and crowds?

3) any one have any news on the 2021 hard ticket events? looking mostly at the after hours and not so scary party for 2021

4) any word on EMH?

nickys

Premium Member
So a few sections to this and i will try to organize it into parts:

1) fast passes: so am i reading this right that fast passes are not being allowed due to needing room to allow for distancing? that combined with reduced park capacity seems to be a winning idea for any one going.

2) hotel and park capacity: does any one know what percentage they are allowed to fill the parks and hotels? I have made two trip reservations in case they are filling up quickly. and what are the crowds like at the given capacity? IE is MK is allowed to fill to 50% capacity what does that mean for foot traffic and crowds?

3) any one have any news on the 2021 hard ticket events? looking mostly at the after hours and not so scary party for 2021

4) any word on EMH?
1. Correct, FPs are not being used initially. We don’t know how long that will last for but possibly until park reservations are no longer enquired.

2. What capacity they are allowed to use and what Disney will do are two separate issues. In any case 100% capacity at MK is what NYE looks like. They may use “normal attendance” levels instead. And regardless, they are not making this information known.

3. Nothing yet. Too early even for MVMCP, although the Halloween parties are cancelled. They normally announce dates for MNSSHP in Spring, so there’s a long time to go yet.

4.Nothing yet. Park opening and closing are staggered from 8am at AK to 11am at Epcot. So no EMH for now.

Upvote 0

tractorm3

Original Poster
Thank you for the feedback, I know its a bunch of waiting and see what happens. If any one knows anything further? but at least we have out spots booked for sept 2021

Upvote 0

Stitch826

I’m in the same boat as the OP (and likely many others as well). With all the cutbacks Disney has made, I won’t be going in 2020. I’d like to book a trip for 2021, but am struggling with the question of when. The main things I am considering... a) no face mask requirements. b) park hopping returns. c) fireworks/nighttime shows return. d) park hours return to normal.

I’m trying to currently avoid the late spring and summer due to the heat and crowds (assuming crowds are back of course). That leaves January to March and September to early December. My preference would be to go sooner, but I can’t help but wonder if the current restrictions and cutbacks will remain through the winter. Like the OP wrote, I’d like to make plans before things fill up. I realize I can change them later.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom