Status of resort refillable mug stations?

Pangyal

Do you have to scan your mug onto the drink platform first and then wait for the CM to fill up a disposable cup? That seems like a very inefficient way to manage it, but I understand why they would do it that way.

I guess my next question is, are they still selling the refillable mugs?

Disney4family

So a CM who is wearing gloves will touch your mug that you touched - hand it back to you - not change gloves - touch another mug that someone else touched - hand it back to them - not change gloves - take my mug - hand it back to me - not change gloves - etc.
and this is sanitary, how?????
yeah - I would rather be the only one touching my mug...

Jon81uk

So a CM who is wearing gloves will touch your mug that you touched - hand it back to you - not change gloves - touch another mug that someone else touched - hand it back to them - not change gloves - take my mug - hand it back to me - not change gloves - etc.

I would assume this is likely, that you purchase a mug, but the CM only ever actually handles paper cups.
I watched a video last night that stated cast members would fill a paper cup and hand it to you if you had a refillable mug.

Its interesting how things have changed in a year from "stop using single use cups they are bad for the environment" to "use more disposables so no one has to touch anything"

JIMINYCR

They should for a time, reconfigure the areas, go with these units to fill individual mugs..

ggw860a.jpg

thomas998

There are lots of instances where various businesses have created these ridiculous safety theater processes where if you actually look at what is happening the customer is just as worse off as he would have been under the prior processes. I've seen countless instances where the worker wears plastic gloves while handling things that are passed back and forth to the customer without ever putting on clean glvoes. I'm sure it might protect the worker but it does nothing for the customers. Which is what is happening in the method you described.

Jon81uk

I mean, a LOT more has happened than that now. Come on.

What do you mean?

I was just referring to the sole issue where people were switching to reusable water bottles and coffee cups etc and have that has been rolled back in the last few months. I'm sure it is all temporary, but on the specifics of take away drinks it has changed from environmental needs to safety needs.

Paper straw fan

What do you mean?

I was just referring to the sole issue where people were switching to reusable water bottles and coffee cups etc and have that has been rolled back in the last few months. I'm sure it is all temporary, but on the specifics of take away drinks it has changed from environmental needs to safety needs.

Ah ok, my mistake! It looked like a poke at Disney for being hypocritical, when obviously things have changed right now where people’s safety kind of has to supersede eliminating some excess waste.

thomas998

What do you mean?

I've noticed lots of places have removed the ability for the customer to refill their drinks instead forcing them to have the waiter take it back to some central pop dispenser where now every customers glass has been handled once again by the server that is handling every other glass after it has been held by a customer... It just seems to me that my glass remains cleaner if I return to a pop dispenser and press the side of the cup against that little metal lever so only my hand has ever touched it... Sure the little metal lever might also touch my glass but the surface area touched by that lever is far less than the whole hand of the server grabbing my cup.

NelleBelle

I've noticed lots of places have removed the ability for the customer to refill their drinks instead forcing them to have the waiter take it back to some central pop dispenser where now every customers glass has been handled once again by the server that is handling every other glass after it has been held by a customer... It just seems to me that my glass remains cleaner if I return to a pop dispenser and press the side of the cup against that little metal lever so only my hand has ever touched it... Sure the little metal lever might also touch my glass but the surface area touched by that lever is far less than the whole hand of the server grabbing my cup.
The problem with your cup touching the metal lever is that it's touching where your mouth and everyone else's mouth has been! Hopefully disney is using the type where its a push-button and you can just place the cup underneath. I think if it were me, I would be buying only bottled beverages.

thomas998

The problem with your cup touching the metal lever is that it's touching where your mouth and everyone else's mouth has been! Hopefully disney is using the type where its a push-button and you can just place the cup underneath. I think if it were me, I would be buying only bottled beverages.
I doubt most people's mouths touch the spot that low where the lever touches, especially when most people use straws.

PolynesianPrincess

Any update on if they're selling the refillable mugs? I know some people had said they heard what the process was but I just wanted to confirm from someone who has been since the reopening.

bunnm09

Under this scenario what is stopping someone from bringing a mug they bought on their last trip(assuming the same design still) and using it? If they aren't scanning them anymore

nickys

Premium Member
Any update on if they're selling the refillable mugs? I know some people had said they heard what the process was but I just wanted to confirm from someone who has been since the reopening.
Per trip reports:
Yes they are selling them.
As previously mentioned, you show your mug (and receipt if asked) and the CM will fill a disposable cup for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom