Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is now offering up to a 30 percent discount for Annual Passholders

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I saw mid August pricing of 125-night plus resort fee, of course. Better than all rack rates at Disney.

Exactly! Same benifits minus DME and I really don't want to get on an airport bus anyhow.

I really hope September is better. I know how much safer Illinois is now vs 2 months ago, also knowing we can tank like several states are now. Time will tell. I've missed my April trip, May trip so I'm kinda getting conditioned to cancelled trips about now.

Vtlsgns

That’s pretty good!
I just called to inquire about their advertised “special nurse rate“ as advertised:
“In appreciation for all that you do, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort would like to offer you a very special room rate for your next vacation to the most magical place in the world...the Walt Disney World® Resort!”
$2 per night discount😂
They certainlydon’t have to do anything, but the AP discount is WAY better😂

Q_Division

That’s pretty good!
I just called to inquire about their advertised “special nurse rate“ as advertised:
“In appreciation for all that you do, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort would like to offer you a very special room rate for your next vacation to the most magical place in the world...the Walt Disney World® Resort!”
$2 per night discount😂
They certainlydon’t have to do anything, but the AP discount is WAY better😂

You're right they don't have to do anything and I did spot that on the website but figured it was like 20% or something (possibly higher)

EdnaMode

I booked this discount yesterday afternoon for later in the year. We've never stayed anywhere but onsite...but we're Marriott platinum elite so we always thought we'd give it a try sometime. By this morning, the reservation had ported over to Disney so I was able to link our reservation number at Marriott to our Disney account/My Plans. I also booked our park passes for that stay.

A few hours later, when I was looking up the reservation details to put onto a calendar, the reservation was no longer in the "My Trips" part of the Marriott website. It's now under the "Cancelled" tab. It has also fallen off of "My Plans" at Disney (though the park passes didn't fall off with it....yet.)

I rebooked it immediately and will try to connect the new res # with Disney as soon as it permits. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to go back and recheck to make sure things are ok with their own reservation. I didn't bother contacting Marriott to see what happened, but I'll be watching the reservation to make sure it "sticks" this time.

Q_Division

I booked this discount yesterday afternoon for later in the year. We've never stayed anywhere but onsite...but we're Marriott platinum elite so we always thought we'd give it a try sometime. By this morning, the reservation had ported over to Disney so I was able to link our reservation number at Marriott to our Disney account/My Plans. I also booked our park passes for that stay.

A few hours later, when I was looking up the reservation details to put onto a calendar, the reservation was no longer in the "My Trips" part of the Marriott website. It's now under the "Cancelled" tab. It has also fallen off of "My Plans" at Disney (though the park passes didn't fall off with it....yet.)

I rebooked it immediately and will try to connect the new res # with Disney as soon as it permits. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to go back and recheck to make sure things are ok with their own reservation. I didn't bother contacting Marriott to see what happened, but I'll be watching the reservation to make sure it "sticks" this time.

Did your rebooking stick? I'm thinking it might be an option if we have to cancel our planned one in Sept.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When the AP discount first came out, rooms were $241/night for the first week in December.

They're now $204/night.

EdnaMode

Did your rebooking stick? I'm thinking it might be an option if we have to cancel our planned one in Sept.

It did! Not sure what happened, because we still haven't gotten the cancellation letter from Marriott even though I can see the cancellation number on the "Cancelled" bookings tabs.

DoleWhipDrea

Learned something interesting on the phone with Disney while getting help linking my reservation for the Dolphin today.

In case you missed it, as an AP holder while you can only schedule 3 Park Pass days at a time, if you are staying at Disney-owned resorts (and a few others), you can book additional days for ever day that you stay at a resort.

Since this was new and it’s hard to find info with how some benefits apply to Swan and Dolphin guests, I asked the CM if the rule applies to S&D guests as well. While it doesn’t currently, the CM expressed to me that that may be changing in the future. So keep a lookout for that, hopefully soon!

EdnaMode

Learned something interesting on the phone with Disney while getting help linking my reservation for the Dolphin today.

In case you missed it, as an AP holder while you can only schedule 3 Park Pass days at a time, if you are staying at Disney-owned resorts (and a few others), you can book additional days for ever day that you stay at a resort.

Since this was new and it’s hard to find info with how some benefits apply to Swan and Dolphin guests, I asked the CM if the rule applies to S&D guests as well. While it doesn’t currently, the CM expressed to me that that may be changing in the future. So keep a lookout for that, hopefully soon!

We have a reservation at Polynesian that we just pushed back to late August, we also have a Swan reservation in the fall that I mentioned earlier in the thread. I've made 7 days of park passes for each of those two reservations. But I just tested to see if I could now make 3 additional days of random park passes with our AP's, and I was able to do it. I'll cancel them because we can't go to the parks without a place to stay, but it did work. Thank you! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom