April/May 2021 trip and Park reservations

Storm

Good evening , I hope everyone is having an amazing day.

Obviously we don't know yet , but looking at the park reservation page , they seem to be starting in July 2020 until the middle of June 2021 (I might be wrong on that one)

Does anyone have any idea at all if this is set in stone even for next year ? As a traveller from Europe this could be catastrophic for my trip planning as I'm going to Orlando to see the cheerleading worlds and the summit which means I have no way to prepare in advance as to what park I would go and on what day , depending on factors such as weather or even tiredness after and in the middle of those events.

Thanks in advance and I wish all of you a great day !

JIMINYCR

Nothing is set in stone because no one can tell what the future holds. Disneys going to be flying by the seat of their pants for the coming days and months after opening. Everyone in control will be carefully evaluating how their resorts, parks, transportation, dining schemes work, whether the Covid cases rise or fall, how attendance materializes, how the other Fl parks fare. Everyone is hoping things will change back at some point but when that happens.... ???? If and when you book, TA's are suggesting picking park days early so you will not be shut out as Disney isnt guaranteeing your spot unless you have chosen your park days and get a confirmation. It is a problem trying to choose what day and where so far in advance, but if you dont do it you could be sorry. Better to be prepared than be shut out.

Upvote 0

Storm

Original Poster
Nothing is set in stone because no one can tell what the future holds. Disneys going to be flying by the seat of their pants for the coming days and months after opening. Everyone in control will be carefully evaluating how their resorts, parks, transportation, dining schemes work, whether the Covid cases rise or fall, how attendance materializes, how the other Fl parks fare. Everyone is hoping things will change back at some point but when that happens.... ???? If and when you book, TA's are suggesting picking park days early so you will not be shut out as Disney isnt guaranteeing your spot unless you have chosen your park days and get a confirmation. It is a problem trying to choose what day and where so far in advance, but if you dont do it you could be sorry. Better to be prepared than be shut out.
Yep I already booked for april to may that's why I was really thinking about it lol , especially since it includes tickets , it really stresses me out just the idea of having to reserve parks in advance , I just dont have any idea at all on what I will do and on what day at what time , even 2 weeks or a week before I will still have no idea because its all improvised. But thank you for your response I appreciate it

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Good evening , I hope everyone is having an amazing day.

Obviously we don't know yet , but looking at the park reservation page , they seem to be starting in July 2020 until the middle of June 2021 (I might be wrong on that one)
You should be able to see thru Sept 26 2021, unless you are being limited by your resort reservations or an Annual Pass....

Upvote 0

Storm

Original Poster
You should be able to see thru Sept 26 2021, unless you are being limited by your resort reservations or an Annual Pass....
That's possible yeah I didnt really go too much past my dates which is until the 8th of may , I'm just really hoping there are no park reservations by then because it'll be a nightmare to plan correctly

Upvote 0

Nottamus

really stresses me out just the idea of having to reserve parks in advance

yeah,I always felt the same
About having to book dinners 6 months in advance! Seemed a bit odd to us to know what we were in the mood for that far out

so we started booking dinners the day of

reserving parks was easier than I thought ...although I will miss park hopping .

Upvote 0

rat face

Hello All, My son (30) and myself are starting to plan a May 2021 trip.So far I'm thinking two nights at Kadani at AKL and four or five nights at a budget resort. This will all be based on the covid situation. We are not all that bothered at the thought of rescheduling until things are safe. I'd love the shows and fireworks to be a go but if not in 21 then 22 for my 60th. We both realize nothing is a sure thing anymore.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We have reservations for APR, 2021... DVC at our home Resort.
We have individual Park Reservations - all set up.
We have two NEW Gold Passes - not activated, good to 2030 (we got in under the AP sales wire).

Now having said all this.... we have NOT booked any Airfare. And DVC Contract lets us cancel at 31 days prior to trip.

We are hopeful - but the old line is "hope for the best. plan for the worst". We could go, or Bail, about 60 days ahead of time - around FEB 2021 (mostly controlled by Airlines). 60 days is also good, as it allows us to see if we can EAT anything but Tacos at WDW :). We are engaged in what I like to call "defensive booking" - book everything, with a bail-out plan.

Bail? Next trip NOV 2021 - if there is an XMAS Party.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

We have two NEW Gold Passes - not activated, good to 2030 (we got in under the AP sales wire).

Now having said all this.... we have NOT booked any Airfare. And DVC Contract lets us cancel at 31 days prior to trip.

We are hopeful - but the old line is "hope for the best. plan for the worst". We could go, or Bail, about 60 days ahead of time - around FEB 2021 (mostly controlled by Airlines). 60 days is also good, as it allows us to see if we can EAT anything but Tacos at WDW :). We are engaged in what I like to call "defensive booking" - book everything, with a bail-out plan.

I'm the same way for my June 2021 trip, but have opted not to book DVC at this time and wait to see any developments (like park hopping coming back).

Upvote 0

Nottamus

your schedule pretty much matches ours
As well!
we missed an April trip this year, then canceled our November trip this year.
We now have an April trip booked also with new inactivated Gold passes HOPING we’ll be able to go...if not, the fall back plan is November 2021

hope something changes by then !

Upvote 0

rat face

Hey all, I just booked my trip, May 18-24 2021. Staying at Art of Animation. Will also be at Universal studios starting on the 15th until we transfer to WDW. Will most likely add an extra couple of days to go to the Space center.I'm not sure if we will just stay at Disney and add a couple more nights. I have time to sort that all out. And the best part of it all is my wife decided to join our son and me. She hates theme parks so this surprised me..but in a good way. She a Star Wars fan but loves all the Harry Potter books and movies. So I guess she had no choice but to put her theme park hate aside and join us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom