News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Scuttle

The nature of this re-theme makes it tough to stay within the community guidelines because it rides that fine line of social commentary unfortunately
Exactly, I’d expect some understanding from the mods in this special case. We’re talking about one of the most popular attractions in Orlando.

mysto

Spicy Louisiana style special edition cupcakes! Spicy popcorn in a must have bucket!

I'm certain this will be a "hit". Maybe not with parks fans who've ridden the original but a hit. I think this plot is OK and great execution may really make it work, but still not as fun as the original so far. It'll probably grow on us.

I wonder if Pecos Bill's will become Tiana's Palace? Apologies if someone already proposed that somewhere.

I like hot sauce.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Spicy Louisiana style special edition cupcakes! Spicy popcorn in a must have bucket!

I'm certain this will be a "hit". Maybe not with parks fans who've ridden the original but a hit. I think this plot is OK and great execution may really make it work, but still not as fun as the original so far. It'll probably grow on us.

I wonder if Pecos Bill's will become Tiana's Palace? Apologies if someone already proposed that somewhere.

I like hot sauce.
I still wish they could have left splash and converted TSI into a New Orleans themed area with a new tiana attraction and restaurant and the riverboat (on the mississippi) could have helped with the theming around it as well

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Disney Parks Blog story re: "New Storyline Details" for TBA: Friday after hours (a/k/a the dead zone to avoid media coverage)

Disney Parks Blog story re: the "Housekeeping Update You've Been Waiting For": Monday during the day (beginning of the weekly news cycle)

Disney's confidence in this overhaul is breathtaking.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't sneak a Disneyland closing date into that last update. Even something as subtle as "Every May 12th Tiana and her team...."

Disney Analyst

Feels like WDI clarifying this is indeed queue backstory stuff.

0D727BDF-3CB4-420B-AB99-202D54A10BB0.jpeg

MerlinTheGoat

That's what i'm also expecting to be the case. The queue and a few areas of the exterior right before the first drop (even the front of the exterior though is still distinctly a swampy environment too). It appears like the ride transforms into a fairly different experience once you travel inside. I expect it to be a bit more Splash-like in that regard with the musical animals.

aladdin2007

after watching some online ride videos again, there are a lot of interior scenes of space and depth, its going to be interesting to see how they fill all of that, if they do. I just wonder how much of it will be rebuilt/redesigned in there and or altered/blocked off/shortened.

Ghost93

How much information are they going to have in the queue though? Even if the Co-op storyline is regulated to the queue it just seems unnecessarily complicated. If they wanted to do the ingredients story. All they had to say is she's looking for new ingredients in the bayou for new recipes for Tiana's Palace.
My guess is we may see newspaper clippings on the queue wall conveying the backstory of Tiana's Foods. Plenty of restaurants in real life have newspaper articles hanging on their walls that explain "our story." It would feel pretty natural and unforced.

As for the journey into the Bayou itself, we will probably have an animatronic near the beginning explaining that Tiana needs our help finding a special ingredient for Mardi Gras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom